PDA

View Full Version : Sail Away Party Question

disneyfreak1
07-18-2005, 07:44 AM
I have sailed Disney before, but it was always sunny weather for the Sail Away Party. What do they do if it rains? :confused3

nittany89
07-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Inside in atrium lobby if it rains. This happened on the June 9 cruise. Wasn't much fun!

markey
07-18-2005, 07:55 AM
We have sailed 5 times, 2 were rained out and held in the atrium lobby. We went to the first one for about 10 minutes. Last year we didn't even go, just went up on deck 10 and watched the ship not move, we never left untill 7:30 because of hurricane Charley. Too small a space, too many people and the magic is not there. Out side with the ship actually moving is a great feeling. Hopefully after 2 years in a row with rain we will have a great sail away this August.

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Do they do the same show?

markey
07-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Yes, but don't know if I would really call it a show, just more like entertainment. The CM's sing and get the kids and adults dancing. Then Mickey and the gang come out, sign and dance with the crowd and a countdown. Its really a great feeling when there is no rain and the ship leaves on time. The same is done inside with Mickey and the gang coming down the stairs. Even if the ship does not leave at 5, there is still a count down, because that is when your cruise officially starts.

Bopperdoodle
07-18-2005, 08:30 AM
It was starting to rain on our June 16th Cruise and they called over the intercom that the sail away party would be in the Atrium. We assumed it would still be at 5:00 when the ship sets sail. But, when we went to the Atrium at 5:00 the party was over and they were vacuuming up the confetti. We were very disappointed that we missed it. We were not the only ones that missed it. I'm not sure why they did it early. They may have just started it right after the life Jacket drill. Anyway. We went up on deck 10 and watched the ship sail away. It was barely raining.

lbgraves
07-18-2005, 01:19 PM
I was just wondering if it was the same show that they have on deck 9 so that if it isn't I can prepare the kids if it is raining. We have it on video & they both love doing Mickey's dance. They know all the moves now & would be disappointed if they couldn't do that on the ship. :) The party has started at 4:30 on both of our cruises. It does get going right after the drill.