PDA

View Full Version : 4 night vs. 10 night?

TammyAlphabet
07-17-2005, 07:26 PM
A four night disney cruise from the 22nd of December to the 26th of December costs about the same as a 10 night cruise from Dec. 18 through December 29th on the Norwegian Sun.

I am a total Disney phobe and have never cruised before, but, I am also always looking for a bargain.

I would have both children with me for the cruise, what do you disney cruise veterans think?

videogal1
07-17-2005, 08:54 PM
A four night disney cruise from the 22nd of December to the 26th of December costs about the same as a 10 night cruise from Dec. 18 through December 29th on the Norwegian Sun.

I am a total Disney phobe and have never cruised before, but, I am also always looking for a bargain.

I would have both children with me for the cruise, what do you disney cruise veterans think?

Gasp...Take the 10-night... 4 nights is too short on ANY cruise line, anyway.

Aisling
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but do the 10. I LOVE Disney, but if you can get a 10 on NSun for the same price as a 4 DCL, you may feel better afterwards, that you got your money's worth.

Jsme
07-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Once you go Disney it is very hard to do another line. With that said, you might as well try the 10 night since you have not been on DCL yet.

Our first cruise with our children we had a big decision to make. We could do RCCL in the best cabin for the same price as the DCL. The length of the cruise was the same. Our TA would not help us by telling us which she preferred. I can understand this would be a confict of interest. But from the way she spoke when she talked about DCL I was sure DCL was her favorite. So we chose DCL. We have cruised DCL twice and in between those two we cruised on RCCL. Our RCCL just did not compare with the DCL cruises. We have two more DCL's booked.

Muushka
07-18-2005, 07:17 PM
I had to hunt for this thread to see how others replied!

OK. I am frugal. Very frugal. But we are actually going on this cruise (DCL). But, I have to qualify this. It is actually cheaper than staying at our DVC resort during this period of time. And we both had the time off from work and thought it would be great to wake up Christmas day with Captain Mickey at the helm!

IF we didn't own DVC and HAVE to go to WDW during the Christmas holidays, we would also do the 10 day cruise. You were right, it was the same price (but it doesn't go from Port Canevaral-another plus for DCL).

Let us know what you decide and happy trails! :wave:

TammyAlphabet
07-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Well, I have a cruise booked for Spring Break, a seven night. But after going to WDW last christmas, I think I am looking at this four night cruise as a ruse to get back to WDW this Christmas. I have just about decided to stick with the seven night cruise for March and just stay home for christmas. But, I understand how the need to go back to WDW at Christmas can be overwhelming. For now, I am sticking to the Spring Break Cruise.

But, Mickey at the Helm on Christmas Morn!!!! How tempting!! Does this qualify as "jagony"? (joy+agony)

Muushka
07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Yes!! Jagony it is!! Great new word.
If it is any incentive, we are going to be the ONLY ones on the entire cruise! :rotfl2:
Well, at least nobody else has responded to my "who's cruising for Christmas Wonder thread?" :confused3 .

crisi
07-19-2005, 07:17 AM
I'd never start with a ten day cruise - even if someone gave it to me. If you don't enjoy crusing, if you are the type to get seasick, if you are the type to get bored, if the food isn't to your liking, if you get on a ship full of drunken yahoos (or get on a ship of early to bed teatotalers when you were really looking forward to partying with drunken yahoos), whatever - you are stuck for ten days - except to get off the ship for shore excursions. And while ten days of a great vacation is worth more than four days of a great vacation, I'm not sure that ten days that are complete hell don't completely tip the scale.

You don't tend to see it here often, but there are plenty of people who don't enjoy cruising. And others who don't mind it, but four or five days tops. My mother will cruise, but prefers four day cruises, seven is too long and she wouldn't ever do a ten.

my3kids
07-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Ohhh...10 days...no question! :sunny: