PDA

View Full Version : Key West Question

nezy
07-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Is there a snorkel excursion or swim w/ dolphin excursion in Key west?

Also, what is the deal w/ drinks on the ship(soda)?
Is there a wrist band or mug program?

Ariel&Flounder'sMom
07-17-2005, 09:01 PM
You can check the Disney Cruise website and see all the excursions, right at your finger tips. You'll even be able to book them on line, 75 days out from your cruise (if it's your first Disney cruise, once you've cruised with Disney, it's 90 days out) Yes, I believe there is a snorkeling, not sure about Dolphins.

Soda is free all the time, but it's at a certain station. I think it's deck 9, but someone can correct me. It's right by the pools.

Have fun!

snelsonbrown
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Hello Nesy,
There are a number of snorkel excursions in Key West - I am at home, but when I get to work tomorrow, will look it up and post it - I was due to go "home" to Key West last weekend, but Hurricane Dennis decided he would change my mind on that - my hubby Norm is back from the Bahamas and as soon as he is off his sea legs, we will be heading home for a couple of days - I will have more information when I get back - If you have any further questions about Key West, as natives, we will be more than willing to help - drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com
Blessings always
Shirley

nezy
07-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Thank you for the info. I will also check the DCL website. Although, I also like to know if there are any other excursions not offered by DCL that I could arrange on my own.

Shirley-
We were in Cape Canaveral last week for the launch-but it was cancelled. as you know. We had a great day at the beach and had a bite to eat at Ron Jon's Caribe Resort in Cape Canaveral -very nice.

drizzt117
07-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Key West Catamaran Sail & Snorkel Tour (K-05)
Sail atop the crystal-blue Caribbean waters on a magnificent catamaran, then dive in and take a peek at vibrant coral and tropical fish below as you snorkel amid this amazing aquatic world.
Activity Level: Moderate
For Ages: 5 And Up
Adult Price: $44 (ages 10 and up)
Child Price: $25 (ages 5-9)
Duration: 3-3.5 hours

Sail, Kayak & Snorkel Excursion (K-01)
Explore the mysteries of the Caribbean from above and below as you sail aboard a 2-masted schooner, paddle the pristine waters in a kayak and then snorkel in the aquatic world under the sea.
Activity Level: Active
For Ages: 10 And Up
Adult Price: $75 (ages 10 and up)
Child Price: N/A
Duration: 5-5.5 hours

Sorry, no dolphin excursion at Key West, but they do have one in Cozumel through Dolphin Discovery, but you are probably best booking directly with DD instead.

Thomas

snelsonbrown
07-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Hello again.
I really do not understand the Kayaking in Key West - at one time they were taking folks through a man made canal that ran behind homes - then I understand they moved it to Stock Island which is connected to KW and going up and around mangroves - since the waters have been overfished, over everything, there isn't too much to see - condos have gone up everywhere where even our exotic birds and wild life I grew up with, have decided to take a hike further up the keys - now I haven't been home in almost a year, but now that Norm is back from the Bahamas, we hope to get back there within a week or so if we can stay clean from hurricanes until then. There once were dolphins up and around KW, but I understand that is a rarity also. I would not go through anyone to have an excursion in KW - it is easy to do just about anything there since everyone has a booth right there in Mallory Square or a web site - will post more once I get back from KW.
blessings always
Shirley