PDA

View Full Version : Insurance - DVC and Cash reservation

suejmj
07-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Let me try and make this as simple as possible:

I have 10 people traveling in my family.
5 have used DVC points and 5 have paid cash.
In summary:
points - ages 44/16/14/12/50
cash - ages 79/72/47/15/7

I know that I need to purchase the insurance for those booked on points through travelguard for disney vacation club members only.
I am looking to purchase insurance for the remaining 5 cash reservations through insuremytrip.com.

Here is the question:
Can I take the 5 youngest family members and insure them through insuremytrip.com and the 5 oldest family members and insure them through travelguard exclusively for DVC members.
I would save quite a bit by doing this as my 72 and 78 yr old parents are two of the cash reservations. If I insure them through the DVC travelguard, it is a flat fee regardless of ages
Had I known this earlier, I would have booked the seniors with points.
In summary, here is what I would ideally like to do:
Travel Guard for Disney vacation club: ages 79/72/50/47/44
Purchase insurance through insuremytrip.com: ages 16/15/14/12/7

Does anyone understand my question, and if so, do you have experience with this?
Our biggest concern for this trip is weather as we are in New England and traveling in January.
If one person has to cancel, we would probably all cancel...

kcashner
07-17-2005, 07:31 PM
I understand your question, and I don't know the answer. I'll bet that if you wanted to change the names (who was paying which way), there would probably be another $75 booking charge, but you might start by calling DVC and asking about that. If there's no charge to change who is paying which way, you could just change it that way.

Secondly, since you will have 2 policies, you may want to make sure that the policy will go into effect (give you the refund) if someone on the other policy had to cancel. Does that make sense? You may need to do both policies thru the same company.....Finally, some companies won't cover any pre-existing medical conditions unless insurance is purchased within 2 weeks of booking date.