PDA

View Full Version : Anyone gone from Moderate to Value?

mickeyholic
07-17-2005, 04:46 PM
We just returned this morning from a week at POFQ. We are considering going from a moderate to a value in order to add 2 more days to our next trip. I am wondering if this is going to be a big adjustment? We love disney and want more time in the parks. As long as the kids have a pool, hubby has a lounge, and I am at Disney, we are all Happy! :earsboy: :earsboy:

Olallamom
07-17-2005, 05:23 PM
I think if you are looking for more park time then I would try it. I like going to the parks but I also enjoy my hotel time, so staying at a value resort isn't for me personally. I can see that if you don't spend much time at the hotel then it would be no big deal doing a value. :cool1:

wdwfan1
07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
It is not a biggie as long as you know what to expect and can "live with it". We have stayed at Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Home away from Home.

There is a big difference between value and moderate. Much more crowded feeling at values, pools are food court are much more crowded and youth groups tend to stay at these resorts. Do your research and see if it is for you.

Tiffany
07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
We just returned this morning from a week at POFQ. We are considering going from a moderate to a value in order to add 2 more days to our next trip. I am wondering if this is going to be a big adjustment? We love disney and want more time in the parks. As long as the kids have a pool, hubby has a lounge, and I am at Disney, we are all Happy! :earsboy: :earsboy:

The differances between the moderates and values are the size of the rooms, moderates are bigger, the lack of a table service place to dine at the values and I do not believe that there is a lounge at the values, they have an outdoor poolside bar set up but no indoor lounge like at POR or POFQ.

DisneyFans4
07-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I would price it out and see what the difference is but I can tell you it's a big difference to go from moderate to value. As you can see from my history I've tried them all and will not stay anywhere but Deluxe from now on. I want to be pampered when I'm on vacation and I can only go away once a year so I'm taking advantage!!!!
Now....if I can only find someone to do my laundry because no matter what, even on vacation, I still don't get a break from that!!!!

msmayor
07-17-2005, 06:34 PM
When we first started staying 'on site', we did only values. Twice. Worked out great for us, as our kids were under 6 yrs for both stays, so we didn't feel we needed or wanted any of the additional amenities that the mods and up had. The pool was fine for us, smaller rooms were okay. The food courts worked great because the kids were not big eaters, so we saved $$$ there.

On our last trip, the kids were older so we tried a mod (POR...Dixie Landings when we were there). The larger pool with the slide was a hit, bicycle rentals were great, better food choices, etc. all were great. We knew then we'd never go back to value.

After seeing the inside of the WL on that trip during a character breakfast at Artists Point, we knew we wanted to stay there next. As the most reasonably priced deluxe at the time, we thought we could afford it if we saved a little more. I honestly feel that once we get 'spoiled' with what is there, we won't want to go back to a moderate.

I guess the easiest way to put it is that the difference between a value and a moderate is the difference between a Best Western Motel and a Mariott. If a clean, comfortable room and a pool is all you really want, a value will be fine. If you're looking for a little more, then a moderate is really the way to go.

pandora174
07-17-2005, 06:43 PM
To be honest we've only tried the POP as far as value & have tried either moderate or deluxe each time. We liked the POP, the food court had a good variety, the pools had great theming. We liked the lake in the middle & lots of interesting spots to take pictures & rest. But we knew what to expect. The rooms were fine but a little small. The theming cute but not breathtaking. We tried it & would go back, specially if it would mean extra park time. Look at the pictures at www.allearsnet.com & try it for yourself. :wizard:

laura12581
07-17-2005, 07:42 PM
This past year, I went from the GF concierge in Sept. to the All-star movies Resort in Feb. and I can honestly say I didn't mind at all. I have stayed at All-stars many times in the past so I new what to expect. Putting out so much money for GF, I had very HIGH expectations and was pretty disappointed there. We are staying in a deluxe again in Dec.(WL) but I think that will be our last given how expensive it is. One thing to definately consider as a previous poster said, there are many school groups.. etc that stay at Values and the food choices can get a little old after several days.. but the joy of Disney is that there are so many other places to eat!
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Laura

DISUNC
07-17-2005, 09:18 PM
We tried the moderate...CBR, and the values, ASM & POP.....we will take a VALUE anyday!
Just dont think the moderates are worth the extra $$$$. Also the values have more of a "disney" feel, and have much better layouts & bus services!

Ilovestitch
07-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Besides the room size difference, I think the main difference is the moderates have a more laid back, serene theme and the values have a big, bold, colorful, in-your-face Disney theme. They are both good- just different.