PDA

View Full Version : Coral World (St. Thomas)... On our own or

disneybride96
07-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Feedback please. We are trying to find an excursion to do with our two- 4 year old nephews and their 1 year old brother. There will be plenty of adult supervision. Coral World looks interesting for them. Should we do it as a DCL tour or on our own? I know there are plenty of taxis at the dock, but is it difficult to find a ride back from Coral World?

mommasita
07-17-2005, 03:27 PM
It is SO easy to find a taxi back..THere are MANY waiting near the beach..We did this on our own, and asked the taxi to be back at a specific time..We realized then that we could have taken any number back..

I like this on our own schedule..Next time, I will not ask the taxi to come back, we were enjoying ourselves way too much..

:goodvibes

kcashner
07-17-2005, 03:55 PM
It is cheaper to do it on your own, and is very easy. First, when you get off the ship, send DH to the tourist info booth (right off the ship). They will give you a free info book that has a discount coupon for admission to Coral World. It is like $4 off adults, $2 off kids or something. There are tons of taxis right at the port. Just grab one. I believe (if I remember right) that the rates are controlled by the government--but do agree on a fare first.

Coral World will be great for the kids. THere is a hands on area, a snack bar, several indoor type areas, an underwater viewing area, hiking trails, etc. Right across a sort of parking lot is Coki beach...if you want to bring swimming clothes/stuff. When you are ready to leave, there will be taxis right there. You don't need to arrange a pick up time--there are always cabs around. Unless you WANT to be tied to DCL's schedule, it is cheaper and nicer to do it on your own. You avoid some of the crowds and save $.

kplatt
07-17-2005, 05:38 PM
We've done this on our own, too. Just remember to allow plenty of time to return to the ship because traffic gets pretty congested late afternoon in the dock area. Ask your taxi driver on the way to Coral World what time you should be returning.