PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound silly?

UGAFan0829
07-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I've been really wanting to do a 7 day cruise soon, but with those cruises being a little more costly, I was going to wait until 2007. But of course, since I'm dying to do another one sooner than 2007, I was thinking that maybe we could manage the 4-day next January, and then re-book onboard for the 7 day in January 2007. That way maybe I might still be able to take advantage of the onboard rebooking incentive, and I wouldn't have to wait so long to cruise again. Does anyone know the history of the rebooking incentive...how long it has been at the current incentive, and how often Disney changes?
Does this sound like a reasonable idea? I just don't know if I can wait 2 whole years to cruise again! :earseek:

donaldsgal
07-17-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't think that's silly at all. If you can afford to do a 4 day and 7 day within a year or so of one another, why not? Good luck with your decision.

Barbmouse63
07-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Sailing next June and HOPING we will be able to book onboard for Summer 2008. I don't know if the dates will be out by then but I doubt it. I guess we would just pick a date?

UGAFan0829
07-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Yes, I think you can just pick a date, and then when the 2008 dates are made available then you should be able to switch the reserved date.

paulgaedke
07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Does not sound silly to me. But let me ask . . . does this sound silly:
ABOOGABOOGABOOGABOOGABOOGABOOGABOO?
Sorry a little punchy this afternoon.;)

staceymerrill
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a good strategy....DW and I have never booked a cruise longer than 4 mos in advance....the waiting and anticipation would just kill us....I would definitely recommend doing a 4 day if you can in January, and booking your 2007 cruise while onboard - IMO the advantage is the $200 per stateroom credit, not so much the "discounted" fare you receive - many DISers book onboard to receive the $200 stateroom credit, than transfer to a good , discount TA that they trust, who will almost certainly beat DCLs onboard discounted fare......

I intend to book while onboard my upcoming 9/1 3-day a 7 day for 10/06, then transfer to my trusted TA....since we will be 5 by then (expecting DS #3) , I will book adjoining cat 9s, whereby I will receive a $400 stateroom credit....This credit will pay for 1/2 our tips as well as Flounders time..... ::MickeyMo :mickeybar

Jsme
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I've been really wanting to do a 7 day cruise soon, but with those cruises being a little more costly, I was going to wait until 2007. But of course, since I'm dying to do another one sooner than 2007, I was thinking that maybe we could manage the 4-day next January, and then re-book onboard for the 7 day in January 2007. That way maybe I might still be able to take advantage of the onboard rebooking incentive, and I wouldn't have to wait so long to cruise again. Does anyone know the history of the rebooking incentive...how long it has been at the current incentive, and how often Disney changes?
Does this sound like a reasonable idea? I just don't know if I can wait 2 whole years to cruise again! :earseek:

We cruise what ever length we can afford at the time. I do not care if it is only a 3 or 4 day cruise it is still magical to us. Yes the 7 days are awesome but I can not always afford to go when I can get off.