PDA

View Full Version : First week of November 2005?

Spencer'sMom
07-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know if anything major will be happening at WDW during the first week of November? We'd love to avoid the cheerleaders and high-school musical competitions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :earsgirl:

SB in KY
07-17-2005, 01:13 PM
No mega groups of teens that we know of (and best news of all....the 6 million Brazilian teens that come with 2 chaperones and have bad manners are back in Brazil by then!!)

The week of election day is Jersey week (week of Nov 8th, this year)....so approximately 80% of people with school age children residing in the state of New Jersey will be there, but it is families, not groups of under chaperoned teenagers.

pennst8r
07-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Plus, I think alot of families planning a trip with flexible schedules have switched to early Oct to get the free dining plan. See you there Oct 29-Nov 5th!

Spencer'sMom
07-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I was quoted a AAA rate of $126. per night for the first week of November for a standard room at POR. Is this a good rate? I usualy go in May so I really don't know. Also, do all rooms now have a refrigerator at POR? Thanks for your help! :earsgirl:

Rozzie
07-17-2005, 07:04 PM
No mega groups of teens that we know of (and best news of all....the 6 million Brazilian teens that come with 2 chaperones and have bad manners are back in Brazil by then!!)

The week of election day is Jersey week (week of Nov 8th, this year)....so approximately 80% of people with school age children residing in the state of New Jersey will be there, but it is families, not groups of under chaperoned teenagers.

wouldn't this be the second week of november? I'll be there the 1st week, Oct 30-nov 7. ;)

pennst8r
07-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I think we'll be there for it. I THINK ( not pos) that they have off the 4th and 5th this year--which means most will go the first week, so kids miss only 3 days of school. Not sure tho---got this off another board when I did a search.

Also found some school calendars listing it as the 10th and 11th.....don't know what to think!

Luigi's Girl
07-17-2005, 10:48 PM
NJ Teacher Convention is Nov 10, 11, and 12. Many people will be checking in on the weekend before to make use of the whole week, myself and family included. :flower:

pennst8r
07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
It can't be as crowded as summer, right!? :-) We were there over Thanksgiving weekend last year, and it was still not hard to get on most things. Is this convention at WDW every year? How great! DH had his convention there last year--which is why we got a surprise, mostly free trip. Wish his didn't move every year!

Have a great trip!