PDA

View Full Version : End Sept/first Oct how bad is heat and humidity

cottontail
07-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi: Is the end of sept into first week of october as hot and humid as august?

Thanks,

Deb.

dimimi
07-17-2005, 09:23 AM
My sister went one year and said it was really hot and humid. I've always gone in May and April. I'm sure you'll still have fun!

SqueakyMouse
07-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I grew up in Orlando and return often to visit family and friends. It remains hot and humid until the end of Oct. After that, the weather is unpredictable. I've spent Thanksgiving in shorts and in coats.

4greatboys
07-17-2005, 10:45 AM
We have been then and it was hot and humid still.

ckret01
07-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I can usually tell if it's really humid by my hair-LOL. I went last year at the end of Oct and even though it was hot it wasn't that humid at all. But we also went at the end of Sept. once and it was really humid.

Leota
07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Our experience with end of Sept, into Oct was similar heat/humidity wise to August. In fact, I would say I was more uncomfortable in Sept than I was in Aug.
Crowds are miniscule tho, so that makes it much easier to bear.

HugsForEeyore
07-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I went once in the end of Sept/beginning of October, and I found it very humid, but not overwhelming hot. I really enjoyed the whole trip. One thing I liked was the fact that the angle of the sun was not directly burning overhead, so I found the humidity and heat not bad at all. I went the end of May once, and I found the sun much more brutal then. I would prefer beginning of October anyday! :)

cottontail
07-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi: Thanks for all the info,

Deb.

amy1976
07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
we went in 2000 the end of sept., early oct. and I thought the weather was great. I found it to be very comfortable and the parks were not crowded. We went in July one year and it was not at all comparable to October, IMO. :rotfl:

Sammy
07-18-2005, 06:54 AM
First family trip in late Sept. 2000 was blisteringly hot! They were having an "unseasonably" hot weather that year. Went again late Sept 2003 and weather was hot, but not miserable. Generally, the weather in September is still very hot and humid, but the crowds are so low, it's worth going that time of year!

melindaandrob
07-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Normally January visitors we attempted a Sept. trip, middle of the month and I vowed never again! The humidity was terrible! The c.m.'s we spoke to said that it was unseasonably hot (I'm not sure but they may say that to all the whining Canadian tourists), --we'll just have to believe them. So, here we are a few years later and dh and I are attempting an adults only trip in yup, September, apparently it's like childbirth, you vow never again but end up putting all the bad aside and giving it a go!
Now we are saying 'bring it on' we'll be in Disney!! :Pinkbounc

cottontail
07-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Melindaandrob:

Hubby and I are booked to do the same thing, an adults only trip, first time with the magicyourway free dining plan. But with this hot humid weather in southern ontario i am having second thoughts as to whether i can take the humidity. lol

Deb

DisneyFans4
07-18-2005, 11:04 AM
We always go in August and I can tell you it is very hot and humid but my DH always goes alone in October for a convention and says it's not bad at all.