PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with a transportation ?

disgal1
07-16-2005, 08:28 PM
We aren't going till next July,but this question hit me today. what we want to do is fly into Orlando(a 2 hr direct flight cheap out of Richmond) rent a car,in Orlando and drive to Cocoa beach for 4 days before the cruise to relax with family that live in the area.

We plan to turn in the rental as soon as we get settled in the hotel, the family will drop us at the ship.

My question, is can we ride the Disney bus back to orlando to the airport?
Do they have a one way trip/fee? Or can we pay the round trip transfer cost, but just ride it one way?

Has anyone done anything similar or have any suggestions?

Thanks

drizzt117
07-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Yes you can buy one way transportation, I believe it's $20/person from PC to MCO.

Thomas

TammyAlphabet
07-16-2005, 11:00 PM
That sounds great, I kinda had the same question. Thanks for asking.

cujobugs
07-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Actually we have booked this way. One way transfers are $30 per person, not $20 as originally stated.

kcashner
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Yes, you can buy one way DCL transfers as stated above. Another possibility is to use a private limo service. The "break even" point from a cost standpoint is usually about 3 people....don't know how many are in your group. You might want to compare that cost to a rental car for a day also...might be a way to get to your hotel.

disgal1
07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Our one way will be after the cruise, getting from the ship back to Orlando airport. We will be renting a car to get to Cocoa Beach from the Orlando airport 3 days before the cruise.

Has anyone done this after one way? What time did you get to the airport, what time did you book for your flight?

Thanks again.

mommasita
07-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Our one way will be after the cruise, getting from the ship back to Orlando airport. We will be renting a car to get to Cocoa Beach from the Orlando airport 3 days before the cruise.

Has anyone done this after one way? What time did you get to the airport, what time did you book for your flight?

Thanks again.

Yes, we have done this...A nice easy way to get to the airport..Took the first bus around 9AM, and was at the airport by 10 or so....Disney does suggest nothing before 12:30pm, as it gives you time to get through security, and perhaps a small delay here or there...By the way, there are many many buses in the morning to go to the airport...

HTH :goodvibes

disgal1
07-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Now, I just need to research the best hotel near the port , and I can put this trip to bed for a while!