PDA

View Full Version : Another opinion question!!

Pryncess'mom
07-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok, here goes. :teeth: If you have used one of the travel agents (such as DU or SmallWorld, etc. ) which one is your favorite and why. I have always booked my own, (after a nightmare trip booked by AAA), but wonder if I will have time to do everything myself right now. Any thoughts?? :rolleyes1

TIA,

deb ::MinnieMo

bballdiva
07-16-2005, 09:04 PM
I always use AAA and love it. Thats just my experince though.

mpbs
07-17-2005, 06:36 AM
I prefer to do the planning myself, it's part of the fun. :wave2:

kizmac
07-17-2005, 06:53 AM
I have always planned my own trips but this year booked with Dreams Unlimited. I still really figured everything out myself and made all my own ADR's even though they will do that for you. I just felt I needed to be in total control of my dining times.
It is a good idea to use something like DU or some other service, if just for the fact that they will watch for discounts and apply them to your package if one comes up. That way you don't have to be on total look out 24-7 so you don't pass up a deal. Think of people who will be mad to find out about free dining after it's expired and they were already booked for that time period but now it's too late.

Disneynutbsv
07-17-2005, 07:36 AM
I've always planned my trips (I'm a compulsive planner, list maker and always looking for a deal). But this time I booked with Magical Memories (http://www.**************************) I have to say, I'm impressed! Emails me right away if I have a question (and I had a lot of them, lol) and got all my ar's for me. I'm actually short on time these days, so it was a pleasure to work with them. I do have Tour Guide Mike, so that helps the planner in me with touring plans and such. But everything else is taken care of. Happy customer here and will definately work with them again!

Pryncess'mom
07-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I have planned all 9 of our other trips myself with one exception. We used AAA in 2000, and the agent messed up sooooo much, I swore to never use them again. I got a quote from DU, which even though the same as Disney website, would not take up all my time between now and Jan. when school starts i am so busy with teaching and my own children's schedules, i often don't get to check my email for several days at a time. Letting someone else make ADR's and watching for codes would really help.

But i know what you are talking about with control issues!! :rolleyes:
My oldest DS says it's why I went into teaching!!!

deb ::MinnieMo

Martha7
07-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I've used DU before, and I'm going to use them again next time, because I got so tired of making my own ADR's. I know the agents at Disney are supposed to be friendly and all, but there were a few who wouldn't let me get off the phone! It was a long distance call as well! So, next time, I'm going to use DU just for that service alone! Side note: When you use them, you have to have a bit of patience. If you're anxious to get something booked, (like before your DH can change his mind!) and end up calling yourself, it's quicker, but DU will get back to you with a quote for your desired resort the next day. The only times I haven't used them, was when I had "Disney Fever" and couldn't wait to book! Then I kicked myself, because I was going to be sitting on the phone for quite a while after that! (I was making my ADR's right at the 90-day window, so it was a separate call every day! Probably unnecessary anway!) :flower: