PDA

View Full Version : Late Arrival?

Bo'sMom
07-16-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm wondering about something. If we have a flight that gets in at 8:30 on the evening before are cruise, would it be a better idea to stay at the airport hotel rather than drive the hour to the port hotel? We are travelling with another family who has a year old baby, and I'm thinking that this would probably be the best thing to do. Has anyone ever done this?

lbgraves
07-16-2005, 08:49 PM
That really depends on what is easiest for the adults. Our kids fell asleep when they were tired & were easily transported from the carseat to the bed. If you are at the port already in the morning you can relax, sleep in, and not have to worry about possible traffic tie ups on the way to the port in the am.

kcashner
07-16-2005, 08:49 PM
We usually bid on Priceline for an MCO area hotel. A 3* usually costs $31-35, and all have complimentary shuttles to/from the airport. In the morning, there is plenty of time for breakfast, sleep a little late, and be at the port by 10:30 - 11. With 5 of you, I'd strongly suggest a private limo service from your hotel to the port. It will be cheaper than DCL bus and travel on your time schedule.

Priceline bidding information is available at biddingfortravel.com. Don't go below 3* because there is a nasty LaQuinta that is 2.5*. You don't want to get stuck there!

ljql_5969
07-16-2005, 08:51 PM
We are taking our first DCL cruise next July and we will be arriving late on the night before and plan to drive to Cocoa Beach. My DH doesn't mind driving at night so he is driving. And my sons will probably sleep in the car and then we will just roll them into bed when we get there. :flower:

Bo'sMom
07-16-2005, 09:20 PM
We usually bid on Priceline for an MCO area hotel. A 3* usually costs $31-35, and all have complimentary shuttles to/from the airport. In the morning, there is plenty of time for breakfast, sleep a little late, and be at the port by 10:30 - 11. With 5 of you, I'd strongly suggest a private limo service from your hotel to the port. It will be cheaper than DCL bus and travel on your time schedule.

Priceline bidding information is available at biddingfortravel.com. Don't go below 3* because there is a nasty LaQuinta that is 2.5*. You don't want to get stuck there!

There actually will be a total of 7 of us and my friend has a thing for "nasty" rooms. Me and my DH and DS could probably sleep anywhere..well almost, but she would absolutely kill me if I booked us in a hole. I would hear about it forever. Thanks for the warning. I will remember that when I go to book the rooms.