PDA

View Full Version : Adult Entertainment

Castillo Mom
07-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Can anyone tell me a little more about the adult entertainment on the 7 day eastern? Our group is comprised mostly of adults, some of whose chidren are grown, teens or have no children at all. I'd like to give them feedback of things to do in the evening that are geared towards the adults.

kcashner
07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Many of the same entertainers who do a "family" show early in the evening do an "adults only" show later. The big difference is that the language and subject matter in the later show are not necessarily appropriate for children. Your teen friends will not be allowed in these shows.

The shows are not rude or filthy--in fact, when there is audience participation, we were cautioned to "remember that this is a Disney ship!) They just contain a fair amount of sexual innuendo. Also, the night clubs are quite smoky after 9 pm. I've left shows several times because there was so much tobacco use going on.

I've read on these boards that one of the clubs might have become non-smoking 24/7, but can't confirm this. Will let you know after our August cruise!

There's actually a lot for adults to do. There is different types of music in different venues, some with dancing. There are the variety shows. THere are places to "just hang out." During the day, there are a couple of adult series--semi-educational, like the Art of Entertaining series. All of the "family" activities are open to groups of adults as well--some of these are hysterical.

Castillo Mom
07-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info. :) The teens (which happen to be mine) in our group will be busy at The Stack. In any case, I would never even think of allowing them near any of the adult areas.

For some reason I don't find too much info on the DCL website that is very specific on the evening adult entertainment besides the clubs. Either way, I'm sure many of us will enjoy the family entertainment just as much. We're all kids at heart I think!

kcashner
07-16-2005, 03:48 PM
If my DD is any indicator, you'll never get them out of The Stack. We do family dinner each night....other than that and some of the Walt Disney Theatre shows, she's asleep or on THe Stack.

FUnny, she didn't really like the Lab.....when she was that age.

clten
07-22-2005, 12:19 PM
For some reason I don't find too much info on the DCL website that is very specific on the evening adult entertainment besides the clubs.

Unless there is a deck party, the evening entertainment is mostly in the clubs. That's where they have the caberet shows, the 60's/70's/80's dance parties and pub nights. In between the dinner seatings and theater shows they have some activities (games, sometimes bingo). But after late dining/show, pretty much everything is in the clubs (unless like I said there is a deck party).

Jsme
07-22-2005, 01:19 PM
They offer dancing under the stars, dance lessons, various spa treatments, wine, martini, tequilla and beer tastings, Brunch, High tea and Dinner at Palo's and various cooking style programs.

When we were cruised last there was so much to do we could not do it all. But we also spent loads of time with the kids.