PDA

View Full Version : 75 days out... flounders is almost filled, most shore excruisions availble

Laurabearz
07-16-2005, 12:19 PM
I could not check for a Palos reservation coz my browser is acting up, but Flounders was booked solid from 1-6 every day when I logged in at 9am 75 days out. Not sure if there were times availible at 3 am this morning though...

SO I booked a couples massage for DH and I, and the boy in the kids clubs that morning and later in the evening on both Nassau night and CC night. We will see how it goes.

I am glad that after this trip we will be CC memebers and can book 90 days out for our 7 day next year.

Jsme
07-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Too bad you did not conside doing the REAS booking. I think this will open up ressie for you. I may be wrong though.

kcashner
07-16-2005, 03:33 PM
It has been rumored that not all the available reservations are placed on line--that some are saved till after boarding. I really don't know if this is true or not. I do know that the concierge service holds some ressies until after their meeting with guests on the first day. If concierge guests don't fill those ressies, they are made available to the "general population.

As to excursion ressies--people cancel those on a regular basis. Just keep trying and the ones you want may open up. Actually, people cancel all sorts of ressies, including Flounder's and Palo. If you want more time, go to those locations (for Palo, there is a ressie place), and ask to be placed on the waiting list. I got my call for Palo!

Scotch
08-21-2005, 02:06 AM
It has been rumored that not all the available reservations are placed on line--that some are saved till after boarding. I really don't know if this is true or not.

Does someone know? And if DCL does hold some ressies back, how much is held back (e.g., 50%, less, more, etc.)? Since we are new cruisers I'm thinking of getting REAS even though (1) we don't drink alcohol -- hoping for a substitution and (2) we don't plan to eat at Palo's for dinner. Dumb sounding, I know, but I am concerned about being able to select choice times for Flounders if I can't book at the 105 days mark. ???

KensJen
08-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Book whatever you can online, and then try to take care of the rest on the ship when you board. Most likely, you will be able to get what you need (especially Palo and Flounder's). Don't worry about it too much.

We booked our cruise sort of last minute, so we didn't really have the opportunity to book anything online...everything was booked. I was talking to someone at DCL (when we paid for our cruise) and she said that they hold back quite a few reservations, she didn't give a percentage, but said that there are still many reservations left for the day of. This was for 1) people who don't use the internet or don't know about the option 2) concierge guests and 3) they always want to keep some for the boarding day, lots of people don't make any plans until then. She also said that many many people make all kinds of ressie's online and then cancel them when they get onboard. So...you have a good chance!

Flounder's is usually closed for babysitting for a few hours in the afternoon...I was thinking it was like 3-6pm, something like that, so those hours are never available. During that time, they do have family time, when you can take your child in and play with them there.

We didn't make anything ahead of time, and were able to get into Palo's the night we wanted, were able to change our dinner seating time, had our son in Flounder's several times, and did all three spa treatments that we wanted. It does involve some rushing around as soon as you board (I hate that!) but it was worth it.

Scotch
08-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Kuffam
08-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Going for a 4 day cruise the first week of December :goodvibes . DW and I want to get a break from the kids :cool1:. When are the best times to sign up for the nursery & kids club? We figure they'll want to goto the shows with us and we'll eat togather.

otoole
08-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I am new to Disney cruises and wondering what the REAS booking is. Thanks

Kuffam
08-25-2005, 10:14 AM
If you booked with a TA, how do make reservations? Can you do it on-line or do you have to call?

barkley
08-25-2005, 02:20 PM
to book on-line you need your reservation number. you log-in with it and depending on your status (castaway club or new cruiser) it will let you make reservations for palo, flounders, etc at either the 90 or 75 day prior point.

i would not book REAS just to get earlier priority for reservations. disney holds some palo spots for cruisers unable to book on-line (just get on board and to the palo reservation line as soon as it opens), and i believe that alot of people reserve more flounder's hours than they will actualy use on board (they figure take the spots now, change to what the actualy want closer to boarding or once they get on board-you might keep checking back periodicaly and find that space has opened up). disney also holds some spots for boarding passengers as well in flounders (again-get up there as soon as the sign up begins).

i love that we can now make reservations on-line, but i think first time cruisers should be aware, many of us cruised during the days when you had to do all your reservations once you got on-board, and if you got to the area for a specific reservation at the time it first opened (or a bit ahead to get at the front of the line) you generaly got what was needed. excursions are a different matter-if you want a particular one book it on-line ahead of time (there are a max number of spaces for these, once they are filled that's it) i don't think disney holds back on any of these for folks boarding.

macphrsn
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I booked thru dreamunlimitedvacations, I still need to finish paying off my 12/03/05 trip. How do I go about making reservations for Flounders and such? Do I go to the Disney Cruise site? I'm a rookie and need some guidance. Thanks!

barkley
08-25-2005, 10:24 PM
the cruise must be payed in full (i believe) for you to be able to make on-line resis. but get your reservation number and go to the disney cruiseline web site.

Kuffam
08-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Can you log in before the 90 day mark? :confused3 I tried the confirmation number from the TA and I get an error message saying they can not find my reservation. :sad2: I want to be ready by 9-9-05 so I can make my reservations.

Laurabearz
08-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I got into the system before hand.... I would call your TA and see what is up.

momoftwodisneykids
08-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I am new to Disney cruises and wondering what the REAS booking is. Thanks

REAS stands for Romantic Escape At Sea. It is a special package that includes a gift basket, priority reservations at Palo, a couples massage (this is changing to a tropical rainforest pass for 2 for length of cruise starting 1/1/06), romantic turndown service and champagne breakfast in bed one morning. I think the cost was around $339. The couples massage alone is worth $242. We are sailing 11/26 and already have all our ressies booked. Don't think we will do it again next year, though, as the rainforest pass isn't as valuable to justify the extra cost. The big bonus is you get to book your reservations 105 days prior to sailing, which is a big advantage. Hope this helps.

Joanne :earsgirl: