PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Excursion VS Eagle Catamaran on St. Maarten

NKYWolves
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi! This is our first post and our first cruise (Oct.15, 2005).From the posts we've read we are very concerned :sad2: about the Anguilla Dolphin Encounter.We have a DD 9 and DS 7 would they enjoy this or would we be better off going on the Eagle Catamaran?We were not concerned because it is offered through DCL until we read SOOOO many negative posts regarding the Dolphin Encounter.

skfulkers
07-18-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to say welcome to the DIS!
Hopefully someone will be able to answer you...

jhorstma
07-18-2005, 08:25 AM
We considered doing the Anguilla dolphins when we did the Eastern - the expense (over $800 for a family of 4 when you factor in tips and souveniers) and the spotty reviews caused us to go w/Rhino Riders instead. I told DD10 that we'd do Discovery Cove instead at some point, which while probably just as expensive will have a reasonably higher expectation of quality.

As to the catamaran, if it's anything like the catamaran sail and snorkel we did on St. Thomas your whole family will have a blast! Just be ready to snorkel from off the boat instead of from a beach (like Trunk Bay or CC) and you'll be fine.