PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental Advise?

southjerseymom
07-15-2005, 09:25 PM
Can anyone offer an opinion or suggestion. We want to do a one way car rental from the Port to WDW. We want to stop at a grocery store and get to the Fort Wilderness cabins as soon as possible. DH will drop me and the kids off and he will return the rental car. I see that National has offices in WDW and they offer a shuttle to the resorts. Avis and Budget also have offices in Downtown Disney Hotels. Will they also shuttle DH back to Fort Wilderness? Is one company better at the Port? I notice National dosen't have a shuttle in Cape Canaveral - how are the taxi rides for a family of four who will probably have LOTS of luggage? Any comments or tips about how best to pull this off would be greatly appreciated!!

DEE29
07-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Last cruise. the kids and I waited with the luggage while my Husband went by himself to get the rental car. Much easier for him to travel without the luggage . He could have taken the shuttle ( don't remember the car company ) but he just hopped in a cab and was back in about 20 minutes.
There are benches outside where we waited.

ahoff
07-15-2005, 11:14 PM
When we disembarked we went to the rental tent where the shuttles are. Got right on the budget van with another family, so there was a total of 8 plus luggage. No crowd at the rental office, so we were on our way pretty quickly. Do not know what to say regarding your returning the car, we went back to MCO after a few days at DW.