PDA

View Full Version : Grosvenor for free...Worth the bad reviews?

RichNKatHolly
07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
We just receive a free stay (no timeshare presentation) at the Grosvenor for the 2 nights we need prior to our land/sea package starting. It was a contest prize through our union.

I have read some very bad reviews. For free, is it worth it? We will be arriving very late the first night, just to sleep and the next day we have free tickets to Sea World. We will check out very early on the last morning. So I guess mostly, we will just be sleeping there. Is the pool clean? We have 2 little ones travelling with us so I just don't want it to be a total nasty dump.

Thanks in advance guys! We are staying 11/25-11/27.

A Mickeyfan
07-15-2005, 08:30 PM
For free, I would stay. I never used the pool there. I have stayed there 2 times but that was about 3-4 years ago. I basically used it for a place to shower & sleep.

ncbyrne
07-15-2005, 08:33 PM
There must be a huge variance in the quality of the rooms. So many people have posted that they didn't like the Grosvenor, but DH and I really like it! We had a wonderful room. It was bigger than any Disney resort we had stayed in and the room was nicely appointed. The location is great too. The pool isn't themed, but it was nice as pools go. We pay to stay here by choice - sure wish we would win a few days!

RichNKatHolly
07-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the responses. I figure, as long as there are not bugs crawling on the beds and sludge floating in the pool, free is free, and we will be there! :cool1:

I am glad to say, after a more extensive search, I did find some very favorable reviews, but the people who hate it, really HATE it. We need a bed and a bathroom - a clean pool would be nice too. :goodvibes

maureen4200040
07-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Never stayed there myself.

As your only there a very short time, just clock it up as another of life's experiences. The bonus is you get to go to Seaworld for FREE.

TracyK
07-16-2005, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't stay there again even for free. I believe the tower rooms are far superior to the other rooms. We tried to transfer to the tower but the hotel was completely full. Try to get a tower room and you should be ok.

Tracy :flower:

RichNKatHolly
07-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Thanks! Free is free, but I still want a clean bed, etc. Unfortunately I just called to check my reservation (since, of course, I have a hard time with the whole "free thing) and they have us checking in on our checkout day. So, maybe we won't be staying for free after all. I will not know until Monday.
:confused3

Sea World is still free though as i alread have the tickets! :cool1:

DMRick
07-18-2005, 10:02 AM
If you stay, be sure to get the voucher form restaurants.com (or it may be resautant without the s). They often have sales and we pay a paltry amount to get 50% off the buffet, which we love, at the Grosvenors (not good on Sat night).

RichNKatHolly
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
THanks for the great tip!!! I'm about to call now and try to straighten out the mix up with our check in date. Hopefully we can still go!

shamrock30
07-18-2005, 01:49 PM
We stayed on a tower room about three years ago, and it was clean and very nice. We didn't use the pool, so I don't know about that. I'm very fussy about hotels, so I guess we were lucky.

indigoxtreme
07-18-2005, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=ncbyrne] The pool isn't themed, but it was nice as pools go. [QUOTE]

The pool wa themed in a way. It is in the shape of a windmill. The original name of the hotel was the Dutch Inn. We have stayed there off and on several times and we have not had any problems. We have never stayed in the Tower part. We always stay in the wings, pool view. If you are used to a Deluxe it is not that. But it is surely good enough to sleep. We only had a small problem one time with the air, the maintence was there in 10 minutes and fixed it right away.