PDA

View Full Version : St Maarten "Under two flags" tour

frank2271
07-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Has anyone taken the Under two flags tour in St. Maarten? My wife is looking for a shopping experience. This sounds like a decent trip. My questions are, is it a decent trip? Should I just get a taxi to these shopping areas? Any other advice would be great.

Thanks
Frank

JanDave
07-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi: Several years ago while on the Magic, we took the Two Flags Tour. It was very disappointing. We made a stop at a scenic area for pictures. We had about 45 minutes in Marigot. WThe bus got us back to Phillipsburg in the early afternoon and did some shopping on our own.

Jan

frank2271
07-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Thank you JanDav, would you or anyone else suggest taking taxis to these shopping destinations?

Frank

clten
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi: Several years ago while on the Magic, we took the Two Flags Tour. It was very disappointing. We made a stop at a scenic area for pictures. We had about 45 minutes in Marigot. WThe bus got us back to Phillipsburg in the early afternoon and did some shopping on our own.

Jan

We did it a few years back as well and were also disappointed. In the end, I felt like it was just expensive transportation to/from Marigot. I think if you are looking to shop, take a taxi. It will probably save you some money and you can come and go as you please.

frank2271
07-22-2005, 12:37 PM
I appreciate your input and I think I will take your advice. If anyone can give me some suggestions of where to go and how to do it, that would be great.