PDA

View Full Version : Taking kids to the club in the middle of dinner?

asreitzel
07-15-2005, 03:57 PM
We currently have late seating and I'm not sure our 3 yo DD will make it. Does anyone ever ask for their kids food to be served right away and then run them down to the kids club between courses? I'm just wondering what our options will be. We may want to do this even if we get early seating.

thomprod
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
We did this many times on our previous cruises with late seating and it was fine with the servers. Your other options are to feed her at the buffet, Pinocchio's or Pluto's then take her to the Club. That way, you can even eat at your regular dining room without DD3. If there's something going on in the Club just before or after they take the kids to dinner that your DD really wants to do, just let her eat with the other kids. Built-in babysitting!

Of course, if you want her to eat dinner with you but don't want to leave in the middle to take her to the Club, you can all eat at the buffet. For dinner they have sit down table service and you can pick your eating time yourself.

One more option is to ask to change to early seating when you board.

lbgraves
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
That wouldn't be a problem at all. We did that with DS all the time. The servers understand that the kids want to go to the club. :)

Jilliebean
07-15-2005, 04:31 PM
We did it and it worked out beautifully! :flower:

pdarrah
07-15-2005, 05:20 PM
DS5 only deigned to dine with us once :) (he had Pluto's or room service the other nights) and even then, he decided to leave and go to the club part way through the meal. DH just ran him up there -it only took a few minutes and it wasn't any trouble at all.

DS tells us he will eat with us "maybe one or two times" on this year's cruise, but his plan is to be in the club in the evening.

The kids can even eat with the club, but they eat very early (before early seating) and my DS prefered to eat in our room while we were getting cleaned up for dinner.

pdarrah

Hollyster2
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
We have done this both times we have cruised with Disney! The servers are very happy to do it! My son even ordered a steak off the adult menu and he was served his full meal before we received the identical order!

DIS NURSE
07-15-2005, 07:21 PM
This all wonderful news! I have kind of heard about people talking about this but not real first hand experiences! Thanks! We have late seating and one child in particular who is not much enamoured by food.
Question, though....can anyone tell me about how long into the meal would the full effect of Animator's Palate occur? Wouldn't want them to miss that one! :flower:

pdarrah
07-15-2005, 07:31 PM
Animator's Pallette was the one meal our DS5 ate with us! He stayed through the "show" and it was pretty much completed before dessert course. I think most of us were still working on our main course, so it was probably around 9:30 or a little after. Our servers were shocked that DS skipped dessert completely in order to get to the club!

The "show" is fun, but it really isn't that big a deal. DS5 enjoyed it but I have gotten the impression he probably won't bother with it for this next cruise. However, he did regret missing the Pirate Night dinner - unfortunately, it was on the same night as Goofy's Giggle Gala (the PJ party) at the club so it is a really hard choice for the 5-7 year olds!

pdarrah