PDA

View Full Version : cooking class?

frank2271
07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
My wife is really interested in taking a cooking class onboard the Magic. Can you guys give me any info on this class. When and where is it? How do I sign her up? What is it like?

Frank

We are going on a 7 day eastern.

Ker-Bear
07-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Also, do they do this on the 4 day Wonder?

Ariel&Flounder'sMom
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
This is a great question - I know there is a "behind the scenes" tour of the kitchens, but I think it's only on the Magic. My DH would love to see this, so I was looking for it on the Wonder. I don't remember seeing it, and guessing its only on the 7 night.

Anyone more clear on this than me? We're rebooked for a January 2006 trip on the Magic and I really would like us to see this.

kcashner
07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
There is no sign up, you just go. It is part of the Art of Entertainment series. There will be 3 classses...appetizers, entre, and dessert. Usually, there is a guest chef from one of the WDW restaurants. He will demonstrate the dish and everyone will get a small serving to taste. Then there will be a wine discussion by one of the wine stewards from the ship, again with a tasting.

There is no charge. They are held in Studio Sea, about 10 am on sea days. Check your Navigator. They hand out a copy of the recipes...sometimes each day, sometimes all are handed out on the last day.

clten
07-15-2005, 05:02 PM
The Art of Entertainment series is only on the Magic. They don't have them on the Wonder because they only do them during sea days (and the Wonder doesn't have enough to have a series!) They are regularly scheduled events so they will show up in the Navigator. You don't have to sign up for anything, just show up.

If you are thinking cooking classes in the sense that your wife will be able to do something hands-on, this isn't what they do. They usually have a session on appetizers, main courses, desserts, dinner parties. You do usually get to sample some food and wine.

tcmata
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
On the Wonder, we have attended a cooking demonstration in Studio Seas. We did this in 2003 and 2004. They bring in one of the chefs for the demonstration and they hand out samples and the recipe at the end. They also passed out wine for a wine tasting to those old enough. It was an interesting presentation! We not only enjoyed the cooking demonstration but also learning about the Chef's country! You did not have to sign up- just show up at Studio Seas.

Looking at the Navigator from May 2005, this demonstration is held in Studio Seas at 10:00am on the Day at Sea!!

Hope that helps!!

ljql_5969
07-16-2005, 11:11 AM
So it is just s demo right? Not a real class where we would be "students", right? :confused3

kcashner
07-16-2005, 11:20 AM
It is a demo. It is live, using one of the mirrorred set ups like some home-ec classes used to have. You can also view it on the closed circuit TV in Studio Sea, so everyone can see the demo.
You taste, but you don't leave your seat at all.

cujobugs
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Can an 11 year old attend? My DS loves to cook.