PDA

View Full Version : which to do first???verandah now or later..or both

lindakmonty
07-15-2005, 02:57 PM
I would like to cruise again in Feb. for my son's 5th birthday. This will be our 5th Disney cruise so you would think I would have this down by now.... oh well :) Anyway. I would like to get a verandah sometime. Should I splurge now and get the verandah, or wait and get a "cheaper" stateroom now and book the next cruise while onboard and take advantage of the 10% off and $200 onboard credit?? I have been going through a horrible divorce for the past 2 years which should be final by then LETS HOPE and would be nice to "CELEBRATE" as well??? HMMM decisions decisions!!! I can't seem to find a better price than Dreams unlimited and All seasons... :)??

logan1_2000
07-15-2005, 03:23 PM
1. I hope the "horrible" aspects can somehow fade and all parties involved focus on the child's best interest. I hope you have had good counsel who is there for you.

2. While it is tempting to say celebrate!!--your child is going to be 5, so verandahs might be a cause of having to exercise extra caution for safety, and getting a great rate from on-board booking for the verandah can make a big difference. Oceanview from the big window is really great.

3. You mention the idea of going again on a 6th, which makes me think you reasonably anticipate having the means in your post-final decree life to still take such trips. If I have misread anything and the ability to go on a 6th is more uncertain than that--see the temptation in #2 above and Celebrate on #5, put the rest of your divorce behind you, etc. I recommend DCL to clients, actually, as a great example of "quality time" and peacefulness, escape from strife and conflict.

All the best--you are a fellow 4 time cruiser,so you already know the healing , rejuvenative powers of DCL. Enjoy.

lindakmonty
07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the advice.. I am very protective of my child and would do anything to keep him safe from that aspect. maybe navigators verandah a good comprimise?

"horrible" unfortunately my ex is very childish and immature but that is a whole other thread... or forum :) he hasn't even laid eyes on his other child in 8 years!!

financially will be ok... for a 5th, 6th, 7th...I love the DCL and can handle it financially on my own thankfully!!

tstobb
07-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Once you have a verandah, it's hard to go back. We've cruised in categories 9, 7 & 4. While the 9 is outside & does have a view (and steerage would be better than not going!), having the verandah is a wonderful perk. Sitting outside at night while the ocean slips by, watching as the ship docks or just people watching from a different perspective than the higher open dechs while in port is a real treat for both parent & the children.