PDA

View Full Version : West coast excursion feedback....

jlawall
07-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I will be sailing in about two weeks. I am requesting specific feedback about our chosen excursions....please let me know if you did these excursions, if it was worth it or if you have a better idea for this particular port....THX!

PV-Canopy Tour
M- Deer Island Kayak Adventure
C- Los Arcos Sea Kayak and Snorkel

I am traveling w/ 3 DDs, 21, 18 & 15 and DH.

needalatte
07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
We did the PV canopy tour and loved it--we would go again in a heartbeat. It was truly an adventure to remember. The guides were fun and made it lighthearted. They were very careful, and we felt very safe. We had heard that the rainforest was looking sort of dry earlier, but when we got there the rainy season had started and things were looking quite green. I would highly recommend it. the guides recommended not bringing cameras up with us, but they did shoot a video. It should be here in about a week. I would do it earlier in the day if possible, just because it seemed to run longer than expected (or maybe we were just tired at the end of it), and then we would have had time to do more in PV. (We went to the Krystal Resort and swam for a little while. It's within walking distance of the ship and it's free. I recommend it if you want to hang out for a while.) We had a group of friends who did the Los Veranos Canopy Tour and also loved their tour. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

In Mazatlan we did Stone Island. Nice day on the beach, good lunch, but a few jellyfish. The surf was great and we all had a blast.

In Cabo, the waves were too high for our Los Arcos Kayak/Snorkel trip, so it was cancelled. Just be aware that that's a possibility. They did offer to transfer us to the other Los Arcos snorkel trip on a powerboat, but we decided to just go into Cabo on our own. People who did go on the powerboat said the water was really rough. I've also heard the water in Cabo is cold. Some friends rented jet skis on their own and had a lot of fun.

Things weather-wise may change by the time you get there. We were on the July 2 cruise. If you want more detail about the canopy adventure (the drive, weather, what to wear, etc.) let me know. :goodvibes

KelNottAt
07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
We did the PV Canopy Adventure on 6/21. It was great! We loved loved loved it. I sure hope the DVD arrives soon. I have to agree with the other poster, the guides were great.

We didn't do any excursion in Mazatlan. Just rented a quasi-dune buggy at the port and explored on our own. What a blast!

We did the Chileno Bay snorkeling in Cabo. The boat ride and crew were excellent. We didn't last long in the water, though. Toooo cold. Still had a great time, and I'd recommend that as well.

Kelley

jlawall
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Thx so much for the excellent feedback. I just changed my Maz excursion from Stone Island to Deer Island. I had heard that there were more hawkers on the beach in SI. Is that right? :confused3

Thx again for all your help! :Pinkbounc

needalatte
07-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I didn't hear anything about Deer Island, so I can't compare. But we couldn't walk from our beach chairs to the beach itself without being accosted by hawkers. My friend even walked by wearing her tropical sarong cover-up and the lady still tried to sell her one! They are nothing if not persistent. Nevertheless, they didn't follow us, they weren't rude, and we just said "No thank you" every time we walked by. I wouldn't say it ruined our day. I just chalked it up to the experience of being a tourist in Mexico (or, probably, many other places as well).

Actually, I found the hawkers on the harbor in Cabo to be worse. We ate lunch in an open air restaurant and they came right up to our table while we were eating. They would follow us yelling, "One dollar, one dollar!" and send their kids up to us to try to sell stuff. Again, we just kept walking and saying "No thank you."

jlawall
07-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Ok, thx, I thought I had heard that Maz was worse. Many of have said that Cabo is the one most would want to go back to. Also, many have said that it was more like a resort town. Thx again for everything! :goodvibes

needalatte
07-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok, thx, I thought I had heard that Maz was worse. Many of have said that Cabo is the one most would want to go back to. Also, many have said that it was more like a resort town. Thx again for everything! :goodvibes

Cabo is a nicer resort town than Maz. I agree with everything people have said comparing the two. I'm only saying that, IMO, the vendors on the Cabo harbor were more aggressive than the ones on Stone Island.