PDA

View Full Version : Best IHOP & Golden Corral Locations in Orlando

ClanHarrison
07-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Which IHOP & Golden Corral location, in Orlando & Kissimmee areas, would you say was the best as far as cleanliness, service & food?

Thanks guys!

Figment22
07-16-2005, 03:00 PM
I can't give any info on the IHOPs because we've never eaten at one while in Orlando but we're Golden Corral experts! First let me tell you which GC NEVER to eat in--the one on International Drive @ Sand Lake Road. Service issues galore, dirty plates and glasses and lack of attention to what needs refilling on the buffet. Never again!

Now, the other three in the Orlando area that we have eaten in have been good. The one on 535 in Lake Buena Vista is relatively new with a very good buffet selection. One on 192 (East) is also good but is almost always crowded. Our very favorite Golden Corral anywhere is worth a drive for us. We LOVE the GC on Colonial which is quite a distance from WDW but not too bad from Universal where we usually stay and play. This Golden Corral has excellent service, is very clean and has, without a doubt, the best GC buffet items anywhere, especially the vegetable and dessert bars. We always eat here when in Orlando and usually more than once!

ClanHarrison
07-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Thanks Lisa! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

Figment22
07-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Glad to help. Giving your thread a bump so you might get some IHOP information.

swilshire
07-18-2005, 05:06 AM
We had several issues with food quality and service at the 535 Golden Corral location. We wrote a letter of complaint and they sent us a small gift certificate, so we tried them again a few months later. It wasn't much better the second time. I would hesitate to go back there again.

This was a year or so ago.

Sheila

Figment22
07-18-2005, 09:33 PM
That's interesting to note. We haven't been to the 535 location in about 2 years, I think. Perhaps they've gone downhill since we last ate there.