PDA

View Full Version : House for 12 People for a week

HolidayRose
07-15-2005, 01:11 AM
We're going to Disney next June and are looking to rent a house for 7 days. Very close location is not a huge priority--if we're within a half an hour or so from the parks we'll be happy. Price, however, is a consideration. One of the families we're going with is on a budget. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with such accommodations? Bythe way, there will be six adults and six children--aged 12, 13, 13, 15, 15, 16. Thanks in advance.

HeatherC
07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm sure you will get tons of replies since there are so many wonderful houses to rent in the area.

Some places to look are:

Cyberrentals.com
VRBO.com
Villadirect.com

But I thought I would also mention Regal Palms Resort. It is a little further from Disney but you can rent pool houses or townhouses. The resort is still being finished but has a wonderful pool area. You can rent up to 6 bedroom houses, I believe, each with their own pool.

But I just thought I would throw out the idea of renting a couple townhouses there. We stayed in a 4 bedroom townhouse for $109 a night including all taxes. We liked it so much we are going again in February.

Since we are traveling with my sister and her small children we thought we'd rent a house...but then we decided to rent TWO townhouses near each other so that everyone has a little privacy...also because the kids are different ages which means different bedtimes. It worked out to be less money than one big house. I think we are each saving over $60 a night over what we each planned on paying for a house.

Just something to think about.

Happy planning!
HeatherC

isla bonita
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
There are many pool homes in the area that can accomidate that many people. My own has 6 beds 5 baths. It is located in Emerald Island. Min. from Ak and the disney loop. A lot of homes also have the option 5 beds and pull out that might be a bit less cost. When you are splitting the cost with another family it really is very inexpensive way to stay. I am not sure how many of those teens are girls but you might want to stick to a home that has as many baths as you can. Only a suggestion. You will find something that fits your needs there are so many great options to choose from. As a home owner we try to give you the most comfortable and fun home to stay in. We would never have people come back if not. Also a home with a play system games room and tv's might be the ticket with the teens. Good luck and have a gteat vaca.
If you want to take a look?
http://members.cox.net/disneyvacahome/

Keacc
07-15-2005, 01:38 PM
We have stayed in a 5 bdrm 4 bathrm house 2 years in a row at Emerald Island Resort. It was wonderful. It had a great pool and hot tub, plus the garage had a ping pong table and foose ball table. It is a great inexpensive way for a large group to spend a vacation. You can find a lot of great homes on the internet. :cool1:

leight
07-15-2005, 09:19 PM
We got married last year at the Swan and had to switch everything from a Disney wedding to the Swan because so many relatives wanted to come. We had 3 couples, 3 grandparents and 5 kids staying in a 7 bedroom, 6bath home in Formosa Gardens (choose emerald island if they are not doing the parks each day-there's a clubhouse, gym & pools, playground-we weren't able to get the house we wanted there and this one accomodated as close as we could get) www.fhvr.net

It was wonderful- gave the elders a relaxing time at our own pool so they weren't forced to buy a week's worth of passes, we saved money buy cooking breakfast & dinners at home. Great for budget conscious large groups- and the luxury we had was something I wanted for a wedding week which would not have been accomodated at a value resort.

kidzmom3
07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
we rented a 5 bedroom house from florida leisure . com, but type it all together

it was at windsor palms resort.

there were 2 master bedrooms with master baths on the first floor. The first floor also had one other bedroom, and bath. a living room that flowed into a small kitchen and a slider out to a covered pool with jacuzzi.

the second floor had 2 smallish bedrooms and one bathroom.

the ceilings were high, and the place was very airy. We had 11 people staying.

there was a couple in each of the masters, plus the downstairs room.

upstairs there was a kid decorated room that had a bunk with a twin on top and double on the bottom. 3 kids stayed here.

2 single teens stayed a room with 2 twin beds

It was literally 15 minutes to the parks, and cost us about $150 a night 18 mos ago.

edited because it would not let me type in the web address

sherry66
07-22-2005, 12:49 PM
We had a 4 br pool house in Windsor Palms in Feb 2004. It was about a 5min drive to the WDW main gates. The house was very clean and spacious. I think that they have 5 and 6 br houses as well.I would stay there again if I was traveling with a croud.

winniedapooh
07-22-2005, 01:08 PM
We have stayed in the same 4 bedroom home in WP 3 times and are going back again at Christmas. They own 5 homes and I know one is a 6 bedroom 4 bath which I have seen the inside of and it is gorgeous. I can highly recommend these people. PM if you would like more info. Good Luck and have fun! :wizard: