PDA

View Full Version : Cabin 8550....any advice?

twinglez
07-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I read on another thread that this cabin can be noisy, deck chairs etc. I put in a request to be moved, but is just a request.

2 adults, 3 kids in the cabin.

Thanks

Eeyorefan12
07-14-2005, 09:41 PM
We were just in 8546 on the Magic West Coast cruise. I had read about the "deck chair and running feet" noise, too, and it was there to some degree. (I think it's when the crew is resetting the tables and chairs for the day...or cleaning up after dark.) However, it really depends on when you'll be spending most of your time in the cabin. If you're not an early riser, you could be bothered by it because it was mostly in the morning...probably about 7ish. I rarely, if ever, heard it at night...but we usually didn't get back to the room until after the late show so it was after 10. At night, it was very quiet.

One little aside: There's always a little creaking noise in any cabin when the ship is on the water but we had a particularly annoying creak for a few days which I could not identify. It sounded as if it was IN the wall. On night 5, I finally got up and just banged on the wall in frustration and it stopped for good! It turned out that it was one of the pictures on the wall. LOL!

CB

churchlady
07-16-2005, 07:47 AM
We were in 8550 on the Wonder in April 2005. Woke up one morning to the sounds of deck chairs scraping. Other than that, it was WONDERful!! Very little movement, which is more important IMHO! Don't worry!