PDA

View Full Version : Drinks on board the magic..

kritter
07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Wondering what kinds of drinks are included in your cruise price on the ship..
I heard that you can purchase a mug and you can refilll it with beer>> Is this true??
Can you bring water on board or juice or alcohol to keep in your room...

tstobb
07-14-2005, 07:41 PM
You can purchase a beer mug - it is $9.99 for the mug (heavy glass) and when you fill it, you pay for the 16 oz draft but get 20 oz.

DrCavin
07-14-2005, 07:48 PM
You can bring on beverages. The "fridges", not a fridge at all, in the staterooms will not keep things really cold, but you stateroom steward can keep you supplied with ice.

kcashner
07-14-2005, 10:41 PM
The mug program for soft drinks was discontinued several years ago. There is now a drink station on deck 9 that has coke products, milk, lemonade, fruit punch, coffee, tea, iced tea, etc available 24/7 at no charge. Coke products are also available at no charge in the dining rooms.

If you order a soft drink at a bar, there is a charge for it.

There is still a mug program for beer--sorry, I don't know the details of that one. You can bring on board anything you'd like. The water on board is clean, filtered, and totally good. We bring one water bottle on board and refill it with water from the ship for excursions. There is a "corking charge" if you ask them to open a bottle of wine in the dining room. Bring your own cork screw and open it in the room. You can then take a glass of it to the dining room if you'd like.

kritter
07-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks all for the info..I knew my husband would be interested in the beer..
Do you know the pices for the beer??
I can get milk for free right for the kids??

Verandah Man
07-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks all for the info..I knew my husband would be interested in the beer..
Do you know the pices for the beer??
I can get milk for free right for the kids??

Yes, you can also find milk on deck 9 at the soda station.

kcashner
07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Milk is available at no charge from room service, in the dining rooms, at the buffet, and at the drink station on deck 9.

They have skim, 2%, and whole milk at all except the drink station. I think it is only 2% there. They will make chocolate milk (put choc syrup in white milk and stir it up) in the restaurants...but unless things have changed, they didn't have regular chocolate milk.

Room service actually asked us which kind of milk DD wanted!

need_a_Disney_fix
07-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, I am interested in the beer prices, too, especially, how much it costs to refill the beer mug ($9.95 to initially purchase). Still trying to decide on the cooler route.

:drinking1 In the words of Homer Simpson: "Mmmmmmm....beeeer.":drinking:

Jsme
07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes, I am interested in the beer prices, too, especially, how much it costs to refill the beer mug ($9.95 to initially purchase). Still trying to decide on the cooler route.

:drinking1 In the words of Homer Simpson: "Mmmmmmm....beeeer.":drinking:

Alot of people buy the large beer mugs. Let me state first I do not drink beer. DH bought one on our first cruise and he said it was a waste (For him) because the beer was warm by the time he got to the bottom. He said he would rather pay for it the other way. Now I know alot of people buy them on here and love it. I am just giving you another side to it. DH loves beer and normally drinks it fairly quickly but for him it was not worth it.

Vanvmom
07-15-2005, 01:22 PM
You can also get boxed chocolate milk from room service (and at Topsiders breakfast buffet).

We saw many people bring aboard their own Margarita supplies, liquor, wine, champagne, sodas, water bottles. Disney has no problem with this, just put the alcohol in your carry on items. You may check a case of bottled water (write your cabin number on the outside of the packaging).

dairyou
07-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey Wendy,

You can bring a case of bottle water and then stick a luggage tag on there for it to be delivered to your room? Is that what you mean?

Now, how to bring a case of water on the airplane without taking up room in our luggage...Maybe we could have our taxi driver stop the market and run in to get water?

Deb

DareTooDream
07-15-2005, 11:42 PM
DH said the beer refill was $3.99. He thinks the choices were Miller Lite, Bud lite or maybe Heinekin. By the way, when you buy the mug for $9.99 it comes empty. :flower: He only filled it up once, other than the original time.

challada
07-15-2005, 11:53 PM
There was also a beer bucket that I saw alot of folks walking around with ;) looked like you got an iced bucket w/6 beer bottles in it (and I think there was something else listed like a cooler)...I think it cost somewhere around the $30 mark.

The bottled water deal on board is pretty good for port days....you get the water and the carrying strap w/the DCL logo...was only about $4 (cheapest souvenir on board...LOL). We brought our own water for on board, but wanted very cold to take off the boat w/us.

JennsBabySky
07-16-2005, 04:03 AM
Just drink up anything you brought on board with you -- not that you weren't planning on it! The fines for bringing off opened food items are huge (and could include jail time). So bringing food on the boat is fine, off the boat in FL is a huge no-no.

We always bring on a case of beer and some alcohol to make drinks. My DH loves doing it this way. I'm very picky about water taste and prefer bottled water, but I found that the regular "tap" (from the soda fountain or restaurants, not the bathroom) water tasted just fine. It is probably filtered as much as most bottled waters are, so I usually skip the bottled water. Or I bring a few bottles for while in port. You can also by a case of Evian once onboard and it is delivered to your room. It is more expensive than the store, but much less expensive than buying individual bottles of water. We've never purchased it, so I don't remember how much.

As a side note, you can order Shirley Temples (my favorite drink -- I don't really drink much alcohol) for free in the dining room. We love this!

Bo'sMom
07-16-2005, 08:40 PM
The mug program for soft drinks was discontinued several years ago. There is now a drink station on deck 9 that has coke products, milk, lemonade, fruit punch, coffee, tea, iced tea, etc available 24/7 at no charge. Coke products are also available at no charge in the dining rooms.

If you order a soft drink at a bar, there is a charge for it.

There is still a mug program for beer--sorry, I don't know the details of that one. You can bring on board anything you'd like. The water on board is clean, filtered, and totally good. We bring one water bottle on board and refill it with water from the ship for excursions. There is a "corking charge" if you ask them to open a bottle of wine in the dining room. Bring your own cork screw and open it in the room. You can then take a glass of it to the dining room if you'd like.

If you have them uncork it for you at dinner, what happens to it if you don't drink the entire bottle? Do you take it back to your room and if so, can you bring it back with you the next night. This sounds right up my DH's alley. LOL!

drizzt117
07-16-2005, 08:52 PM
If you have them uncork it for you at dinner, what happens to it if you don't drink the entire bottle? Do you take it back to your room and if so, can you bring it back with you the next night. This sounds right up my DH's alley. LOL!
From what I understand, many of the servers will not even charge you the "corking" fee in the first place. I don't see why they wouldn't let you bring it back the next night as they will do the same if you get the wine package.

Thoams