PDA

View Full Version : Who's staying at the Dolphin in Sept./Oct.?

tinkerrn
07-14-2005, 05:40 PM
How many are taking advantage of the great rate at the Dolphin this fall? I am a nurse and the rate was fantastic! We switched from CBR to Dolphin for 5 nights then will be switching to CR for 3. Would love to hear from those who are also goign to be there. I have never stayed there before!!!I am so excited! :banana:

cinmell
07-15-2005, 05:55 AM
I won't be going :sad: :sad: but I just wanted to say have a wonderful time! :sunny:

tinkerrn
07-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Thank you!!! Hope you get a chance to go soon!!!!

Blondie
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I hope the Dolphin wins you over like it did us several years ago. Now we can't imagine staying anywhere else!

It's location, amenities and the views from some of the rooms are spectacular!

When you check in, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades to a room with a balcony! We've had some wonderful views of the fireworks from Illuminations (you will be that close to Epcot!) and often watched them in our pajamas!

tinkerrn
07-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks! We already signed up to be SPG members!!! We are hoping for an upgrade,but if not thats ok.We got such a great rate!!!! Have a wonderful trip!

Blondie
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
You too!

I can hardly wait! We were supposed to be there in early May, but my Dad had surgery on April 13th and ended up doing very poorly afterwards and was on life support for a month! There was no way we could go to WDW with him fighting for his life.

He's now in a Rehab Center and they're looking at August 6th as a planned discharge date.

Sad part of it all is, he'll never be able to drive again, won't be able to climb stairs again, he'll pretty much be homebound. But at least he's alive!

madge
07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
I hope the Dolphin wins you over like it did us several years ago. Now we can't imagine staying anywhere else!

It's location, amenities and the views from some of the rooms are spectacular!

When you check in, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades to a room with a balcony! We've had some wonderful views of the fireworks from Illuminations (you will be that close to Epcot!) and often watched them in our pajamas!

:wave2:

I echo everything Blondie says :)

LWcalif
07-15-2005, 07:26 PM
We'll be at the BC during that time. When I saw the nurse rates posted, I called, but they were only available for 4 of our 8 nights, so we are sticking with the BC.

We are also Starwood members. Can't remember if it was at the Swan or Dolphin (I've stayed at both). When we stayed at the one closest to Epcot, I booked a std. room and requested a high floor with a fireworks view. We ended up in a club level room with a balcony and a water view, unfortunately, we were never in our room to watch Illuminations. Too busy enjoying the parks. The family in the room next door said the Illuminations view was fabulous.

My DD booked a std. room there last year. She had them note in her reservation that they were on their honeymoon. They upgraded them to a beautiful water view, corner room with 2 balconies. So it can't hurt to make special requests.

Have a great time, you will love it. :flower:

i like stitch
07-15-2005, 10:54 PM
We'll be at the dolphin during that time. We stayed at both swan and dolphin last year and with the $99 rate, we couldn't pass up a return trip! :banana:

tinkerrn
07-16-2005, 10:17 AM
I am so excited,I have never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin!!!! All I ever hear are wonderful things about it. We are SPG members, so maybe we will get some pixie dust our way!!! Would love to be upgraded to a baclocny room! :cloud9: