PDA

View Full Version : Caribe Royale or Beuna Vista?

rlt431
07-14-2005, 08:22 AM
We are going down 2 days earlier than our WDW stay and wondered about staying at Caribe Royale or Beuna Vista? Mousesavers has good rate on both hotels. Can anyone give me recommendations on either resort. There is only a $28 difference a night but Beuna Vista has full breakfast. I am leaning towards Caribe Royale for the pool with a 5 year old. Any reviews would be appreciated. :banana:

minnie mouse
07-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Great question....We too are flying down a day early and I only need one night stay somewhere. How do you get the mouse savers rate? I went on the web site and I didn't see any codes or anything. Do I just call and ask for the mouse savers rate?

Thanks

disneyfan3
07-14-2005, 08:54 PM
The caribe royale has just been refurbished. It is one of my favorite hotels. I have never had a problem there with their service. The pool is fantastic for kids. They have a kiddie pool with pool toys that squirt water and a playground. They have a water slide that is great for kids. I have never stayed at the Buena suites. Go to cariberoyale.com and you will see some pictures. I think I have stayed there twice a year for the past ten years and I am a picky person. Very professional when problems arise. Taken care of immediately! You will love it! :goodvibes

Muffy
07-15-2005, 06:26 AM
I have stayed at both and the caribe royal is defiantly a deluxe in everyway. BVS is more like a moderate but with suite accomodations. The free breakfest buffet starts at 6:30am and is a quick way to eat and run. The food is mediocre at best though. They do have a window to order eggs and toast/bagels cooked to order which is much better than the already prepared food. HTH!

rlt431
07-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the replies Muffy and Disneyfan3. I really appreciate it. :cool1:

Paulab
07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Yup another vote for CR, we stayed here and it was fantastic, the ultimate being the pool area (which was also manned by a life-guard all the time it was open even up till midnight.

HTH

Paula

doorcounty1
07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
We stayed at Buena Vista Suites, and spent most of our time at Caribe Royal. Buena Vista's pool made my son sick and my daughter got a rash. It was like salt water, and cloudy. The breakfast was like a mad house with bad food and very messy (food on the floor ect.) The rooms were nothing special. A little more room, but not very clean, and just all around basic I guess. We were just not impressed (maybe it's cause we just came from 4 days at the Hard Rock hotel) . I would go with Caribe given the choice between the two.

rlt431
07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Caribe Royale is the one UNLESS we get a postcard discount at WDW but haven't received one in a long time.