PDA

View Full Version : Orange Lake Country Club?

CindyCan
07-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Anyone stayed there? I see it's in Kissimmee...how far to WDW entrance? Can you compare it to anything (we've stayed at Cypress Pointe & really liked it there). This resort is being highly recommended by an RCI agent, but I know nothing about it!

TIA!

HeatherC
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
It is a beautiful resort. IMO much nicer than Cypress Pointe (which I also like) and just stayed at this past Feb.

The villas we stayed in were extremely clean, brightly and brightly decorated with a great layout. The Splash Lagoon pool area was beautiful. It looks just like the pictures on their website - OrangeLake.com.

The location is also fantastic. You come out of the resort and pretty much take the first left (I think it's called Black Lake Rd?) and it brings you right into Disney property right next to Animal Kingdom. This allows you to avoid all the traffic on 192.

The only downside for us was that the place was so vast that you may very likely wind up having to drive to a pool area. If you don't mind that, I would say hands down that I would much rather stay here than any of the other resorts we have stayed at which have included most of the Sheraton and Marriott timeshares as well.

I think you would be very happy here.

Hope this helps!
HeatherC

spiceycat
07-13-2005, 05:34 PM
this place is BIG - really, really BIG.

www.myorangelake.com/

reddixie
07-13-2005, 05:54 PM
If you would do a search you will see that several Disser's are owners including myself. It is a big resort and therefore not for everyone. I love the size and the amount of activities that are offered. If you like golf it is a great place to stay. I can tell you that we won the ARCA award this year. Actually our resort won 8 awards for timeshares. HTH.

gjw007
07-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Anyone stayed there? I see it's in Kissimmee...how far to WDW entrance? Can you compare it to anything (we've stayed at Cypress Pointe & really liked it there). This resort is being highly recommended by an RCI agent, but I know nothing about it!

TIA!
What would you like to know? I own two weeks thare. As others have noted it is big (about 1100 acres) and has many different activities. The information on the website (www.orangelake.com or www.olcc.com) is accurate. The villas shown are those in the tennis villas (new 1998), north village (new 2000), and the east village (new 2002). The west village units are slightly different.

I haven't stayed at Cypress Pointe so I can't give you a frame of reference between the two resorts.

CindyCan
07-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the replies! We are trading in from RCI, and we have a 2BR on hold for Jan 06. I do have a question: What should I request (and can I? I know nothing about RCI, it's my Mom's week)? From reading other threads it sounds like I should ask for East or North village. My kids are 11, 10 & 8 & don't need the zero-entry pool, so I was thinking East, on the chance the River area is done.

What about floor? How many floors are there, and are there elevators? If there are elevators, I'm thinking I'd like a top floor room. Any suggestions?

I realize that these would only be "requests", not guaranteed, but I'd like to make them anyway. Is it better to try to check in earlier in the day, or right at chech in time?

TIA

KerriMc
07-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Hello :flower:

We stayed at OLCC in February 2004. We had a two bdrm in the East Village next to the small pool. This worked well for us as it was small zero entry pool and we had a 2.5 yr old at the time. We are going again in March 2006 and are hoping for the same building as we will have an almost 5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old again :)

When we were going, I was told I couldn't request exact location over the phone, but my preference would be noted. I decided to email OLCC instead. I was enquiring about a non-smoking condo (which they do not have). But I made note of allergies and asthma that exist in our family, and that we would prefer a condo above ground floor. I really believe that they did honour this as they emailed me back and told me that because of allergies/asthma, they would do an extra thorough cleaning (which I would think would be easier in a pretty new one! We ended up on the third floor as well.

When we go this time, we are part of the Latitudes package (ie. almost fell for the sales pitch and so they offered us another week to check it out again). I have a feeling they'll again put us in the East Village as this is where our interest is. I will email them again closer to our dates to request the same as I did before.

Have fun ... the place is beautiful !!!

Kerri
:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

CindyCan
07-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Hey, Kerri (fellow Cdn!)

Thanks for the info! A couple more questions: do they have elevators?

And, about the Latitudes package: do you happen to know about how much they charge you for that? And, what are the restrictions on using it? You can only book this resort through RCI once every so many years, so we won't be using my Mom's timeshare again even if we like this resort!

And, did they give you anything for doing the timeshare presentation?

Thanks!

gjw007
07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey, Kerri (fellow Cdn!)

Thanks for the info! A couple more questions: do they have elevators?

And, did they give you anything for doing the timeshare presentation?
Thanks!
The hires units have elevators. And yes, there is something for the timeshare presentation but I dont' what it is.

KerriMc
07-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Hello again :sunny:

For our timeshare presentation they gave us two golf passes for 18 holes of golf (which my dad and dh used).

When we went we had used a friends exchange to get it. You can only book into them every four years. It was a good deal as I only had to pay the maitenance fee (575?). They talked me into the latitudes package, which cost me about $1000 US (which at the time sounded ok). You have two years to use it. You get a two bdrm again. They also are including two adult day passes to Universal, two rounds of golf, a family pass to the new water park, a family pass to mini putt, two tickets to arabian dinner theatre, and two OLCC towels. I have to tell you the towels were the clincher ;) !!! Oh ... and dh and I have to go to a timeshare presentation again (this is a must apparently!). This time we won't make the mistake of bringing the kids along!! It does not deter them from pushing for a sale.

This past March we couldn't get into OLCC, so we booked a vacation home on US27 and we LOVED it!!! The pool to ourselves was awesome and the home was beautiful. We figure we will continue to travel this way in the future. Of course we will "rough it" :rolleyes: for the week in March 2006 at Orange Lake, but I am not interested in purchasing a timeshare ... especially not directly through them. If I could afford it I definitely would, but it isn't feasible for us right now. Plus, I paid $750 US for the four bedroom vacation home ... less than what I am paying to go back to OLCC.

Have fun ... it is definitely a beautiful place :sunny:

Kerri

:earsgirl: (me) :earsboy: (dh) princess: (dd 4yrs) princess: (dd2yrs) :earsgirl: (my mom) :earsboy: (my dad)

CindyCan
07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks Gary, and Kerri.

The info has helped alot! We're now confirmed for the 2nd week of Jan in a 2 bdrm. It's my Mom's week, so we're just paying for fees. The info on the timeshare presentation is great, too, because I know in advance what to expect they might offer (and that I'm already not interested!). We're not in the market for timeshare, either, and RCI hasn't been a great experience.

Thanks again! I'm excited now about this resort and all the good things I've heard.