PDA

View Full Version : Could someone shrink my signature please?

sammi
07-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm not very picture shrinking savy yet! :cool1: I'd appreciate it if someoone could shrink this down to "legal size" please? :)

Caskbill
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
The DISboards only allow vB code now. With vB you have to size all your photos before you upload them to a server. There is no way to add code to resize your photos 'on the fly' as there was when we still were using HTML code.

Using your own photo editing software, resize your photo so it is no more than 200 pixels high, then upload that image to your server and link to it.

If you don't have photo editing software, you may have MS Paint on your computer (it comes with windows) which you can use. There is also a free resizing program you can download (See the Frequently Asked Questions thread here in the Tech Board)

Finally, you can change to a different site. If you put your photo on photobucket.com, they have a feature which allows you to resize your photo there.

Sorry, but we can't resize your photo for you. (We can only do that if people have put their photo on the DIS's photo site, not when they're located someplace else)

sammi
07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks for you help.
I don't have editing software but I did put the pic on Photobucket and shrank it but it won't let me link to the site? Any idea why?

I'll also check into MS Paint too.

sammi
07-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Is this ok? :)

Caskbill
07-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Is this ok? :)It's still a little big at 240 pixels high. Go back and make it 75% and you'll be OK, putting you right about 180 pixels high.

If you want to go to the maximum 200 pixels, you can use MS Paint's Stretch image percentages and play with the numbers to see what it produces. Be sure you use the same number for both vertical and for horizontal.

I don't remember what size your original photo was, but let's say it was 345 pixels high. In that case you would set stretch to 58% to get to 200 pixels.

sammi
07-13-2005, 10:06 AM
That is at 75%.

sammi
07-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Ughhhhh now this size is too small. :sad2:

Renysmom
07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Sammi -

email me the picture at renysmom@renysplace.com and I will resize it for you tonight after work. Then you just need to reload and relink it.

sammi
07-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks so much Kelly but I think I've finally got it! :cool1:

Caskbill is this ok or do I have to go even lower? :sad2:

Caskbill
07-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks so much Kelly but I think I've finally got it! :cool1:

Caskbill is this ok or do I have to go even lower? :sad2:
That's great.

And thanks for working to stay within DIS guidelines. As I'm sure you've noticed, a lot of users don't check at all and put some pretty big signatures out there. The Tech team is constantly having to notify someone to fix their signatures.

sammi
07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
LOL You're very welcome! :goodvibes I always like to stay "legal" whenever possible! :rotfl:

I'm really proud of myself too for figuring out how to do this...............now if I can only remember how I did this for the next time?????? :rotfl2: