PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to DISALEX!

threeboysmom
07-10-2005, 03:08 PM
A big thank you to Disalex!!! (not sure of what your screen name is here on the DIS). I met up with him when I joined the VMK last night and he took me on a tour of VMK showing me a couple of the DIS rooms as well as other places and gave me a lot of pointers. He was very very patient with me as I was really clueless as to what I was doing! LOL! I found it very hard to communicate with him, however, based on the limited dictionary there. I'd type something to him, find I had to change a word, change it again; and by that time Disalex had disappeared and I was off again following him.... :) I think the limited conversations there need some work, but otherwise, I thought it was a load of fun!! I think I'm addicted!! If you see me around, I am Pinkgirlygirl - say HELLO! I'd love to meet you! :)

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 03:19 PM
A big thank you to Disalex!!! (not sure of what your screen name is here on the DIS). I met up with him when I joined the VMK last night and he took me on a tour of VMK showing me a couple of the DIS rooms as well as other places and gave me a lot of pointers. He was very very patient with me as I was really clueless as to what I was doing! LOL! I found it very hard to communicate with him, however, based on the limited dictionary there. I'd type something to him, find I had to change a word, change it again; and by that time Disalex had disappeared and I was off again following him.... :) I think the limited conversations there need some work, but otherwise, I thought it was a load of fun!! I think I'm addicted!! If you see me around, I am Pinkgirlygirl - say HELLO! I'd love to meet you! :)

< could this be the same disalex? i wonder how much he paid... >

Did I say that out loud? Of course not.

Congratulations, you'll find that the Dis people who VMK are very nice. Glad you got a chance to get shown around and had fun. Yes, the dictionary is a major pain.

You can check the VMK - Dis screen name list to find out who disalex is. You might be a little surprised. ;)

Beherenow
07-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Welcome to VMK, Pinkgirlygirl!! You can not find a nicer group of people than the DIS group. I hope to meet you soon. :wave2:

WebmasterAlex
07-10-2005, 04:20 PM
OH Man! You were not supposed to ruin my reputation and tell people I can be nice once in a while. It must have been the Margarita's!

threeboysmom
07-10-2005, 04:27 PM
WebmasterAlex!!! I just checked the list of Dis'ers names against their VMK names. Wow! I feel so *honored*! :blush:

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 05:44 PM
WebmasterAlex!!! I just checked the list of Dis'ers names against their VMK names. Wow! I feel so *honored*! :blush:

Actually, you did not know? The Dis leaders are so dedicated that each and every new Dis player gets a personal tour of VMK by a Dis webmaster. I hope that at the end of the tour, you received your complete magic pin set?

;)

Maleficent2
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey if I make another new character(that is if I ever get back on for any lenght of time)can I get a free tour from DisAlex????? :love2: ;)

Mal

threeboysmom
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Actually, you did not know? The Dis leaders are so dedicated that each and every new Dis player gets a personal tour of VMK by a Dis webmaster. I hope that at the end of the tour, you received your complete magic pin set?

;)

Actually, no I did not know. I feel dumb now.... AND I did not receive a magic pin set - I took off from disalex after a while. Are you kidding me about the pins? I seem to have stuck a "funny bone" with this thread, but I'm not getting the humor. I guess I've got "NEWBIE" stuck all over me.

WebmasterAlex
07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
That is why he put the winkie smiley on there.. he was just teasing me :)

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Sorry, I need to cut down on the sarcasm / tongue-in-cheek posts. It's very hard to get that across on the boards, being with text mostly. Especially if the "joke" is clear only to those of us who know that magic pins are really hard to come by, but that wouldn't AT ALL be clear to anyone new. So, apologies! :)

The truth is that the Dis people on VMK are really nice; probably the nicest of the various groups that congregate at VMK.

PrincessaC
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
I had the honor of talking with disalex too!!! I think I confused him though by telling him that DanDeJedi was following me all over vmk and saying weird things. :rotfl2:

DanDeJedi is my son and he is only 8 yrs old. :teeth:

WebmasterKathy
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM

*choke* *choke* *cough* :rotfl2:

If it was someone nice, you MUST be confused about the name. Alex is an ogre. :teeth:

WDWLVR
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi pinkgirlygirl - we met last night when Alex was giving you the tour. I was so glad to find him and give him my coffin at last. Nice to meet you!

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM

If it was someone nice, you MUST be confused about the name. Alex is an ogre. :teeth:

Hi! Nice to see you drop by this forum! I'm assuming that you're the one WebmasterAlex introduced us to last night? Hope to see you virtually again. :)

Forgot to ask to add you to my VMK friend list -- then again, the ogre, i mean disalex, can always find me. (Apparently, I am also unable to learn from past mistakes.)

lajones81
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
disalex is always nice. He puts up with my "slowness" that I have at times. ;)

BrittnTylersMom
07-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Oh yeah, that's our Alex..such a nice guy! :teeth:

mtblujeans
07-11-2005, 03:38 AM
WOW! I wish I had seen WebmasterAlex being nice to you and touring you around....I would have trailed along! He is also very helpful about vacuum cleaners!! :teeth:

Astryd
07-11-2005, 11:12 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: too funny

you know we love you Alex! :)

Tinkerbelle739
07-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey if I make another new character(that is if I ever get back on for any lenght of time)can I get a free tour from DisAlex????? :love2: ;)

Mal

Back off, he is my boy!! :love2:

Astryd
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Back off, he is my boy!! :love2:

Alex has all the girls after him now. :rotfl:

JeanJoe
07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Alex has all the girls after him now. :rotfl:
Looks like Tangaroa has competition...

Time for a Dance Fight!

Mom2RinJen
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Disalex is the BEST! Though I'm not supposed to tell. Shhhhh

Astryd
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Looks like Tangaroa has competition...

Time for a Dance Fight!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Wonder who would win that?

Maleficent2
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
:love1: Sorry Joe we all love you too.....don't know what came over me must have been the heat and the thought of cooling off in disalex's wonderful pool!

threeboysmom
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Hi pinkgirlygirl - we met last night when Alex was giving you the tour. I was so glad to find him and give him my coffin at last. Nice to meet you!

Hi WDWLVR! I do remember you from VMK that night and your really "weird" conversation with Disalex! I had NO CLUE what the two of you were talking about! Coffins??? What??? Since then I've done some reading on Mal's player guide so NOW I understand!! LOL! That'll have to be the next thing I do when I log back onto VMK. Buy a coffin transporter - place one in my room and then look for Disalex to place the other in the Dis Lobby? Do I have it right? :)

I saw quite a few of you hanging out together the other night. I just sat in on a park bench and listened. :) :) I didn't want Disalex to think I was following him around or anything, so I didn't say anything. :) He is kind of cute with those Mickey ears! :love:

By the way, if you see two weird kids hanging around VMK - those are my 2 sons - they are now officially addicted to VMK - so much that I never get a chance now to get on. They are only allowed to "chat" with those that have Dis in their signatures - SORRY!!! :) :) :) Just tell them to "bug off" if they get annoying! :)

thegales
07-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to remind you all of this gem...

Thread started by Alex (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=788000&page=1&pp=15)

But pay no attention to post number 28.

JeanJoe
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM

Thread started by Alex (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=788000&page=1&pp=15)

Beware! Beware!!! What's that I hear off in the distance? Could it be the flutter of scaly, scary Evil Fairy wings?

Astryd
07-14-2005, 06:37 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: i missed that thread.

WebmasterAlex
07-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Hey it was worth debating :)

lajones81
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
In my heart, I still believe that disalex is a nice guy. :)

WebmasterAlex
07-14-2005, 07:23 PM

You can fool some of the people...some of the time

Astryd
07-14-2005, 08:19 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You are kidding right? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

;)

lajones81
07-19-2005, 01:09 AM
I do think disalex is nice, but I think it's only a matter of time before something crazy pops up in my signature or tagline. I cringe at the thought of what it might say! :earseek: