PDA

View Full Version : Timing for fall trip

grumpyandbashful
08-26-2001, 09:02 AM
We have a family trip to WDW planned over Christmas, but we might be cancelling it to go skiing instead :( . I'm thinking of taking a solo trip sometime this fall, or possibly asking my sister (who has never been to WDW and can't understand our obsession!).
What is the best Oct./Nov. time to visit? Is the week after Thanksgiving especially uncrowded? (would love to show my sister the Christmas decorations).
Also, my sister is a large lady - where is the site that explains what rides work for large people?
Thanks for any help!
:)

KCritter
08-29-2001, 09:02 AM
G&B - The week after Thanksgiving is our favorite time to go! The parks are pretty crowded for Thanksgiving weekend, but after that Sunday attendance really drops off. I read in the Fodor's guide several years ago that it was one of the least crowded times of the year to go. On top of that, you have the added bonus of all the Christmas decorations, the Candlelight Processional, Osborne Lights, etc. I'm getting excited just thinking about it!! :bounce:

Deb Wills has some info for Pooh size people - Disney At Large (http://wdwig.com/ridsiz.htm). I think this is what you're looking for.

thepeanutsdad
09-06-2001, 02:22 PM
If you are a food and wine buff, you cannot miss out on the food and wine festival.
Look it up.
I am a big eater and loved it.
There is nothing quite like it. saki in japan, pastries in France, Wine from easter europe.
I stayed in EPCOT for an entire week.
My wife had to drag me to the then Brand New AK

anyway I hope this helps

jengen
05-25-2002, 10:38 PM
If you like Xmas, visit after Thanksgiving, early Dec. - Osborne Family lights at MGM, all the resorts get decked out for the Holidays as well.

If you prefer Halloween, MNSSHP at MK runs 10/25? thru 11/1, also perfect timing for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.
The F&WF has lots of seminars, special dinners, etc. - easy for a single to get aquanted with strangers.