PDA

View Full Version : Dumb VMK tricks

JeanJoe
06-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Here's a new thread dedicated to sharing silly things you can do in VMK, at least until the developers fix the glitches that allow them to happen.

My contributions:

Edited: this display glitch, sadly, has been fixed - My arms, my arms! Where are my arms?!?
- activate Dance while sitting, and your arms will disappear

And now my legs are gone!
- a number of chairs / chests / Nemo's piano will result in bizarre display glitches when you sit in them

Pixie dust (to my knowledge, first described by MrGenie)
- to surround yourself in a halo of sparkles, switch clothes while pirate costume magic is in effect
- follow these steps for best efficiency:
1) open your clothing change menu (shirt button)
2) change something subtle in your clothing, like black to grey shoes, but do NOT click OK
3) click the magic wand, and double-click the Pirate costume magic pin
4) as soon as the magic activates, click the OK to change your clothing
5) if you do it fast enough, nobody will notice the pirate costume, and you'll look like you've got pixie dust :wizard: :wizard:

You can't find me!
- there are plenty of places where you can hide in a room, to listen in on others, and to have your ghostly disembodied voice float out from nowhere
- favorites:
1) Central plaza: behind popcorn machine, trees, lower right, upper right
2) Banquet hall: behind pillars
3) Snow White's Hide+Seek forest: behind trees

Anyone else want to share their dumb VMK tricks?

JoNo
06-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Funky dancing: if you move while dancing, it appears they are doing the robot! Great party trick!

kaitykatz7
06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the tricks i know 1 too you can make smiles witout getting the anoying :) over your head you just space it out like this : ) it looks the same without the anoying smile

HollyJoy
06-29-2005, 08:11 PM
anyone else notice that when you are standing still, your arms fall nowhere near your body? Freaky! We all look like robots! lol

pumpkinfish
06-29-2005, 08:41 PM
:dancer: While dancing and blinking really fast, I look like I am in a disco club!

:)

lajones81
06-29-2005, 10:24 PM
These are hilarious! And they are not dumb! :)

JeanJoe
06-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Popcorn disaster (courtesy of Hagen)
Stand behind the popcorn cart in Central Plaza and activate Buried in Treasure. OMG, Buried in Popcorn, help, help!

marypops!
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
you took my hiding places
:(
now to find more so i can post pictures 1and people have to find me

also has anyone noticed that the coffin teleporter in the emporium looks like a portaloo (or a small rest room) and i asked someone out of fun where the rest room was and they showed me to this
also you can stand behind and pretend your going to the rest room
it's funny

CoKoBOY
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
This is sort of naive, Hide behind the train right when it comes!...........................................I m not even close to a stand-up guy!

HollyJoy
07-01-2005, 07:08 AM
I may be late, but I finally figured out how to hide myself in Central Plaza! Thanks Bezoar! lol

JeanJoe
07-01-2005, 08:36 AM
I may be late, but I finally figured out how to hide myself in Central Plaza! Thanks Bezoar! lol
No problem! My goal is to spread the silliness. Some people are way to serious about "getting all the kewl items" and need to just be ridiculous sometimes.

Don't try this at home
- stack up lots and lots of crates in your room, put a chair or teleporter on top, and zip up and down them in a bizarre display of anti-gravity

Beherenow
07-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Last night MissBelle, Vellamint, Kevinop and I were table dancing in Vellamint's room. :cool1: I really thought we were in trouble when VMK_KittyCat showed up, lol. :rolleyes1

To get on a table, move a chair on top then sit in it. When the chair is romoved, dance away.

JeanJoe
07-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Last night MissBelle, Vellamint, Kevinop and I were table dancing in Vellamint's room. :cool1: I really thought we were in trouble when VMK_KittyCat showed up, lol. :rolleyes1

To get on a table, move a chair on top then sit in it. When the chair is romoved, dance away.

Not to put a damper on things, but don't make suggestive comments while "table dancing." I heard people got warned after doing that.

But I really like the tip on how to table dance! Have to try it sometime. This would probably work starting off with a chair on top of a tower of crates, right?

Edited to add: Confirmed, you can dance on a tower of crates this way!

kaitykatz7
07-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah it does my friend and I made a room we have rugs on the whole floor!We made a stage a dumb trick you just put rugs all over the stage we call the room The Dance :rotfl: :teeth: :cool1:

kaitykatz7
07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Here's a new thread dedicated to sharing silly things you can do in VMK, at least until the developers fix the glitches that allow them to happen.

My contributions:

My arms, my arms! Where are my arms?!?
- activate Dance while sitting, and your arms will disappear

And now my legs are gone!
- a number of chairs / chests / Nemo's piano will result in bizarre display glitches when you sit in them

Pixie dust (to my knowledge, first described by MrGenie)
- to surround yourself in a halo of sparkles, switch clothes while pirate costume magic is in effect
- follow these steps for best efficiency:
1) open your clothing change menu (shirt button)
2) change something subtle in your clothing, like black to grey shoes, but do NOT click OK
3) click the magic wand, and double-click the Pirate costume magic pin
4) as soon as the magic activates, click the OK to change your clothing
5) if you do it fast enough, nobody will notice the pirate costume, and you'll look like you've got pixie dust :wizard: :wizard:

You can't find me!
- there are plenty of places where you can hide in a room, to listen in on others, and to have your ghostly disembodied voice float out from nowhere
- favorites:
1) Central plaza: behind popcorn machine, trees, lower right, upper right
2) Banquet hall: behind pillars
3) Snow White's Hide+Seek forest: behind trees

Anyone else want to share their dumb VMK tricks?
Also you can hide in Castle Forecout (behind trees ) Nobody sees you there well it's hard to see through!

Gaspode
07-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Hiya,

Some great fun tricks to try!! I loved the Pixie Dust one - thanks!

But I don't get the Popcorn one... I just tried it and just couldn't see the coins thats all? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks!
Gaspodé

marypops!
07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
no it makes it look like popcorn is coming from the machine

Gaspode
07-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I tried again, still can't get it to look like popcorn.... just coins. Or is that what you mean?

Cya,
Gaspodé

marypops!
07-01-2005, 05:27 PM
it is coins
but as you are standing behind it/near it it looks like the popcorn machine has gone wrong

Gaspode
07-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Okay thanks :)
I think I need to try a few times to get the angle looking just right.... very cool, all of these!

Cya,
Gaspodé

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Learn new dumb tricks every day. The other day, someone shared these with me, both in Snow White's hide and seek forest:

Timmy's fallen in the water hole!
- hide behind a tree above the well, and talk as if you've fallen in
- 'Help! Help! I've fallen in the well..' (you wouldn't believe the number of people who asked, "Did you really fall in? How do we get you out?")

I'm going to jump!!
- walk on the path behind the cottage so it looks like you're standing on top of the roof

Not a dumb trick, but enough people have asked how.. (same Hide and Seek room)
To get to the upper ledge
- you take the left-most tunnel entrance
- the trick is that you can't click while the green "go circle" is showing
- position your pointer as far in the left tunnel entrance as you can and still get the green circle; then move the pointer up just high enough to make the green circle go away -- that's your click point to get to the top ledge

JoNo
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Move the loader: While the VMK game is loading, you can click & drag the loading bar and move it all over the screen :)

marypops!
07-08-2005, 10:41 AM
im waiting for help from the well and nobodys helping
:(
im like little timmy

princessash2323
07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
i cant figure the upper ledge thing out in snow whites forest:(

lab_girl
07-08-2005, 01:09 PM
To get to the upper ledge
- you take the left-most tunnel entrance
- the trick is that you can't click while the green "go circle" is showing
- position your pointer as far in the left tunnel entrance as you can and still get the green circle; then move the pointer up just high enough to make the green circle go away -- that's your click point to get to the top ledge

I finally got up here and NOBODY is in here to see me! :sad2:
(will not tell how much time I spent trying to get on the ledge)

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Face painting at VMK
- stand just the right distance below some unsuspecting person, then activate an emote, which if done right will go right over your victim's face
- beware Disneyholic; if she is in the room, no one is safe...

Gaspode
07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
TeeHee! I am enjoying Move the Loader right now and can't wait to try some others out once I am in!

You are all too creative :)
Thanks!
Gaspodé

Gaspode
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm useless :rolleyes:

I can't bring myself to do
Timmy's fallen in the water hole!. I am hidden behind the tree but just can't bring myself to do it LOL. I feel bad for tricking people and also don't know what I would say when I emerge from the tree! Cute idea tho ;)

Cya,
Gaspodé

imadisneyholic
07-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Face painting at VMK
- stand just the right distance below some unsuspecting person, then activate an emote, which if done right will go right over your victim's face
- beware Disneyholic; if she is in the room, no one is safe...

Beware of little ol me? :confused3 lol Really its alot of fun. :rotfl:

Gaspode
07-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Beware of little ol me? :confused3 lol Really its alot of fun. :rotfl:

Yep! I can confirm that disneyholic just tried it out on me (at my request!) and its great fun :)

As are all these 'tricks' so please keep them coming.

Gaspodé

marypops!
07-08-2005, 07:09 PM
rabbit ears
if you stand in a certain spot on the curb while someone is sitting on the bench 1at main street it look like you have rabbit ears
it's cool

lab_girl
07-08-2005, 07:16 PM
If you use your 'buried in treasure' magic just as your turn at the Music Game 'turntable' is ending - you and your treasure move as one! This also works for 'cursed storm' and Kinda looks cool...like the storm is moving you along.
:teeth:

lab_girl
07-08-2005, 07:31 PM
and more 'You Can't See Me'.........
VMK Central - Far left of screen on other side of projector.(click on column)
Town Square - Far Right Tree

pilikia97
07-08-2005, 07:41 PM
My sister purchased one of those evil queen heart hamper things for her room, and when you sit on it everything but your head and feet disappear. Your head just sits on top of the box so you look like a severed head with dialog.... :confused3

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 09:14 PM
My sister purchased one of those evil queen heart hamper things for her room, and when you sit on it everything but your head and feet disappear. Your head just sits on top of the box so you look like a severed head with dialog.... :confused3

:rotfl: I'm gonna have to get me one of these things!

lab_girl
07-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Learn new dumb tricks every day. Timmy's fallen in the water hole!
I have one like this....
Jungle Cruise Game....Go in the door, but, click cancel (you can be totally hidden in the doorway).
Then when someone new enters the screen, say something about loving riding on the boat, or what a FUN boat ride....

Beherenow
07-09-2005, 01:18 AM
That last post reminded me...*confession time* :rolleyes1

I went into Star Traders, saw a lot of guest players that were new so I walked into the pod thing at middle of room, clicked on ghost magic to glow and immediately switched to different room (hehehe) so it looked like I had been teleported out of there. I went back a minute later and several of the guests were wandering in and out of the pod trying to make it work. :teleport:

cami89
07-09-2005, 05:05 AM
That last post reminded me...*confession time* :rolleyes1

I went into Star Traders, saw a lot of guest players that were new so I walked into the pod thing at middle of room, clicked on ghost magic to glow and immediately switched to different room (hehehe) so it looked like I had been teleported out of there. I went back a minute later and several of the guests were wandering in and out of the pod trying to make it work. :teleport:

(* Evil Laugh *) I saw something similar - someone with a Buried in Treasure pin typed "BlingBling" in the text field to activate their magic. Afterwards, I saw several newbies typing the same thing hoping for the effect (they didn't have the pin) :sad2:

mewmewpwr
07-09-2005, 09:41 AM
ok first i have a few hiding spots.................story book land...behind the house................that sleeping place..........duh behind the poles............and uh oh he he :rotfl2: you wont beleave this he he :rotfl2: but i totally forgot all my other hiding spots :confused3 but it is funy though! :rotfl:

my vmk name is mewmewpwr

lol any way vmk makes me feel like im on :cloud9: i no right im a little wacky :banana: well bye for now :wave2: see you on vmk!

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Souvenir face painting

It is with great trepidation and likely against all better judgment that I share DoomCookie's discovery with you all...

- when an emote is painted onto an unsuspecting person's face, the in-game VMK camera is able to capture the special moment

- this photo can then be posted into your in-game photo album, or even displayed proudly on your wall

(- currently, be careful posting it on your wall: a bug in the came makes it NOT possible to remove photos stuck on walls, so don't put it up unless you don't mind it being up permanently, at least for now)

Now, beware the DoomCookie and Disneyholic. Just when you thought it was safe... Let the games begin...

lewdyan1
07-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Souvenir face painting

It is with great trepidation and likely against all better judgment that I share DoomCookie's discovery with you all...

- when an emote is painted onto an unsuspecting person's face, the in-game VMK camera is able to capture the special moment

- this photo can then be posted into your in-game photo album, or even displayed proudly on your wall

(- currently, be careful posting it on your wall: a bug in the came makes it NOT possible to remove photos stuck on walls, so don't put it up unless you don't mind it being up permanently, at least for now)

Now, beware the DoomCookie and Disneyholic. Just when you thought it was safe... Let the games begin...

Joe,

You are a troublemaker!!! :teeth:

I love it! :rolleyes1

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Joe,

You are a troublemaker!!! :teeth:

I love it! :rolleyes1

ME?! Now I understand why DoomCookie said "No go ahead, YOU post it."

It was ALL her idea -- I've been framed! (Actually, it's disalex who has been "framed" in a nice picture in DoomCookie's Dis common room, right next to the green chairs -- nice paint job!) :)

marypops!
07-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Learn new dumb tricks every day. The other day, someone shared these with me, both in Snow White's hide and seek forest:

Timmy's fallen in the water hole!
- hide behind a tree above the well, and talk as if you've fallen in
- 'Help! Help! I've fallen in the well..' (you wouldn't believe the number of people who asked, "Did you really fall in? How do we get you out?")

i've done one like this you know the part which looks like a big teleporter?
you can hide behind the top part and keep asking how to get in or ids there a way in from here
i did that

JeanJoe
07-20-2005, 05:12 AM
I haven't confirmed these (and I'm not sure I even understand them), but will post them in part to shamelessly bump the thread.

=====

Thank you to BubbasFriend who taught me the very fun trick of putting a chair on a bunch of crates. Thanks also for showing me around. I don't know how to post pictures, but I changed my avatar so you can see me headless as I go up to the chair.

Also, while I was showing my daughter and niece the game, we discovered that if you stand in the dungeon and try to get the dragon to breathe fire on you, the program automatically moves you out of the way.

Is there anything else fun like that in the game?

Fun and silly things like that are exactly what I think would be neat to include in this thread :)

=====

I was trying to get the dragon to toast me (which you can't say by the way)
At the end of the day I like to get on the monorail let the game close and after a minute passes when the park closes click ok. Your still there riding the monorail. Of course you can't do anything on the train but I'm right now still on the train. Haven't figured out the method for pictures on this site (I Know the thread) or I would post picture

got2travel
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I would think the monorail thing would work. Last night I kept dancing in disneyholic's room even after the game closed. I just never clicked Ok after the message telling me the game was closed. The dialog kept scrolling and I kept dancing, but couldn't move anywhere or say anything. But I did get last word in!!!

Thanks so much for all the tricks.

Just one question. I missed the explanation of the "pretty birdie" trick in the room last night. Is that similar to the Pixie Dust?

Guest48255 (until I get approved)

LilLisaLou
07-20-2005, 06:00 PM
I haven't confirmed these (and I'm not sure I even understand them), but will post them in part to shamelessly bump the thread.

If you go to my room, or any room that has a chair stacked on top of crates, sit in the chair. I just happened to take a screen shot when you could only see my feet sticking out of the stack of crates. You can come to my room to see it. The room is called DizzyMulan's Evil Hide Out.

JeanJoe
07-27-2005, 08:04 AM
bump, for new players -- although, some of the tricks no longer work, including:

- making your arms disappear
- very tall stacks of crates

GBShorts
07-27-2005, 09:29 AM
I have a couple "funnies" to add:

In the TikiTiki room (is that what it's called?) You can completely hide behind the tiki hut-at least two people that I know of.

Also, you can put chairs on top of the bubbling cauldron...then remove chair, stand, and do inferno magic!! Quite a sight. :)

Another fun thing is that when someone is sitting in a chair, you can spin it-thus creating your own spinning teacup ride (I'm not sure if the actual teacups work or not, but most other things, including the saucers work).

I'm sure I'll come up with more, I like finding silly tricks!

Tinkerbelle739
07-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I cant wait until 10 am so I can try the Cauldron boogie!!

Dnalyensid
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I have a couple "funnies" to add:

Another fun thing is that when someone is sitting in a chair, you can spin it-thus creating your own spinning teacup ride (I'm not sure if the actual teacups work or not, but most other things, including the saucers work).

A friend did this to me while playing falling chairs, I was in a barrel. It was really funny.

hagen
07-27-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't know if this is considered a Dumb Trick or just Dumb Me for having never noticed it before, but the bar in Golden Horseshoe is open. You can walk around behind it and serve sarsaparilla, although you can't say it. To get behind it you must use the Random Blind Clicking Method, sort of like the popcorn machine or the Hide and Seek Forest second floor. Very useful information that will enrich everyone's lives to no end...

hagen

marypops!
07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
i have the space suit pin invisible to everyone but me

it's the same as the pixie dust trick except you change all clothing to space suit and then use it then whie it is on change you clothes back and when the stars go click ok and your clothes are back
:)

lab_girl
07-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Bump
Curious if there are more....

JeanJoe
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Re-post from HollyJoy's separate thread, to keep one complete list of tricks:

Okay, you can now make a clone of yourself! Go to Central Plaza, and find a spot to park yourself. Use your pirate magic pin, and while it's going, reenter the room. You will only see one of yourself, but others will see a double! lol

Thanks to CL_wdwlover for showing me this!

Sundowner76
08-01-2005, 02:54 AM
I have a couple tricks to share that work if you have a teleporter pin. One is to tell everyone there is a hidden teleporter (perhaps behind a tree or something), use the teleporter magic, then exit the room. I haven't tried it yet, but heard it from a friend. Reenter the room and watch everyone trying to find it. (besides, there is a real bug that causes the train teleporter to become invisible in some rooms - I have seen it). For further effect, take off the pin before you re-enter the room, in case anyone checks.

Second, but more tame, is the change seats teleportation that works only in areas of the game that have the red "sit" circle. From sitting in one seat, activate the teleportation to sit in another.

Sundowner76
08-01-2005, 02:56 AM
Oh, forgot to say that the seat teleportation is especially nice when coordinated with others that have the pin. Have at least one empty seat and make sure each person moves to the next available seat - reminiscent of the Mad Hatter's tea party - Moooove down, move down!

sonicgirl
08-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Another thing that might be funny, is if you stand next to the dragon and make it look like he is breathing fire on you. Then you can turn on dancing inferno. Sadly, I dont have dancing inferno so i dont know if it will work. :confused3

mewmewpwr
09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
ok this is a great tip for when your vmk crashes. ok say your talking to someone on vmk ( were else?) and all of a sudden BOOM!!!!!!!! vmk crashes on you! dont click ok! just type some thing like "i'll brb" or "i need to log of vmk for a little" then you log of and come back on. you may not be able to see what you say but at least they can! :cool1: i hope my tip works for you!! :cool1: lol they work for me! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :love:

mewmewpwr p.s look for me on vmk my vmk name is mewmewpwr! chow :wave2:

Dubbie
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
When you first start a Jungle Cruise game, Go to the very end of the dock (The place with the two boxes). If you press over and back enough, You can get your boat on the dock (Which causes your boat to go on top of the two boxes). It looks really funny. (I found this out while on-purposely crashing my boat to get points today lol) :teeth:

Cool stuff. I've actually done some of these things before I even read this thread. :rotfl:

marypops!
09-30-2005, 04:53 PM
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=924100

go here Wheee!!

gamebot
09-30-2005, 07:32 PM
You know what is funny; go to start traders shop, then enter the big teleporter thing, then use teleportation to exit the room..then change your clothes and reenter star traders and watch everyone try to teleport. :rotfl2:

PurpleDuck
09-30-2005, 07:51 PM
You know what is funny go to start traders shop then enter the big teleporter thing then use teleportation to exit the room..then change your clothes and reenter star traders and watch everyone try to teleport. :rotfl2:

Yes, this is really fun. I add the line "beam me up" just before teleporting too. It is fun to watch them type it and 'wait' for something to happen! :rotfl2:

Califgirl
10-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Yes, this is really fun. I add the line "beam me up" just before teleporting too. It is fun to watch them type it and 'wait' for something to happen! :rotfl2:
Oh, my! I do that too! :earboy2: It's amazing we haven't all run into one another doing this! :rotfl2:

Hippos_Rock
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
SNOWMAN MAGIC TRICK
1)You activate snowman magic and dance for a couple seconds
2)Then you stop dancing before you stop with the snowman magic
3)In the end your head is normally down by your legs

CURSED STORM MAGIC TRICK
1)You activate cursed storm and dance two times or four time and then in the end you are all messed up

BURRIED IN TREASURE MAGIC TRICK
1)You activate burried in treasure magic
2)Then you dance for a couple seconds and then stop before the magic is over
3)The effect is small but when you say one word afterwords your mouth is pushed up where your nose would be

i learned the snowman magic one on my own when i was trying to figure out tricks. :cool1:

LightPhantom
04-25-2006, 11:59 PM
In Central Plaze,activate Bat Magic,then click behind popcorn machine,and you will be hidden in curtain.

Melp
04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
This might just be a temporary glitch but tonight if you put on the blue hong Kong Disneyland shirt and stood straight forward looking back at yourself, it looked as if you were wearing a baseball jersey. Even Ranch was impressed lol. A friend of mine actually showed it to me first so I can't really take the credit. I took a VMK photo but forgot to take a screen shot. Hope it does it again tomorrow.

:wizard: pixiedust: