PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with question....

DLBDS
06-25-2005, 11:01 PM
I tried to post a link and it's not letting me. Says I haven't posted enough. So, how many posts do you have to have under your belt to do this?

GIOny
06-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Dis :wave: That sounds strange that you cannot post a link, but I would post this question over on the techinal board, where you will get the help you need. Good Luck! :shamrock:

WebmasterCricket
06-27-2005, 08:01 AM
That information is not something that we make public. It is an anti-SPAM measure we were forced to put in place.

Thank you for your understanding.

DLBDS
06-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Ok, it took me a minute to figure out what you meant by spam and not making "that information" public.

You don't want folks posting spam on the forums and you don't want to divulge how many posts need to be made before one can post spam. Correct?

So, I'll just have to try again the next time I want to post a link. Maybe it'll go through. Maybe it won't.

I think undertsand now. :cool1:

Thanks for clearing it up for me. It was kinda getting on my nerves that I couldn't do it NOR locate information on it through the FAQ section. Now, I know why it's not there!

WebmasterCricket
06-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Yes, that is exactly right.

Dan Murphy
06-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Hmmmm, new one there I guess, Cricket, had not heard of that before, but sounds like a GREAT idea.

Caskbill
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Hmmmm, new one there I guess, Cricket, had not heard of that before, but sounds like a GREAT idea.
It is new Dan. Was necessary as spammers would create a new account then put their spam on numerous boards all at once, which was a lot of work for the mods to clean up.

Dan Murphy
06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Good idea.