PDA

View Full Version : The Dis Teleporter Network

Pages : [1] 2

JeanJoe
06-23-2005, 01:35 PM
If anyone would to be added to the network please PM LoriR. I am filling in as a lobby owner to connect new members. I ask that you have a set of coffin teleporters in your possession, then PM me so we can set up a time to meet in VMK.

Some sad news - anyone who had a teleporter in MissBelle's lobby is no longer connected. It seems MissBelle was a victim of the 6 month inactive character deletion. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bunch of us have put together a teleporter network to link our personal rooms together, and to provide a Dis Common Room to hang out in, and links to DIS event / special rooms. All are welcome to join!

How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network

Teleporters are now distributed via a Quest Machine, so you don't need to try to hunt me down to trade one to you! Here's how to do it:

1) Find ANYBODY who is correctly linked in to the teleporter network
2) Use the teleporters to find your way to the Central Teleporter Lobby (use their Coffin or Door teleporter first, then use the Blue teacup teleporter)
3) Do the Quest (no games, just a simple tour), and upon completion, you will receive a door teleporter. The other teleporter has already been placed in a Teleporter Lobby.
4) Place the quest prize Door Teleporter you receive in any room of yours

That's it, you are now connected to the Network!

If your door teleporter doesn't work, try to do the quest again; I might have put in one unlinked door into the Quest machine by accident.

Because of VMK values, I highly recommend that you do NOT refer to the network as the "DIS Teleporter Network" while in-game. Just call it the teleporter network. Do NOT try to explain to people in-game to come read this post.

How to get to the Dis Special Rooms
- use the Coffin or Monsters Inc. Door teleporter in your room to transport to one of the Dis Teleporter Lobbies (there are currently five)
- then use the Blue Teacup teleporter to get to the Central Lobby (the hub)
- then use the Narnia Wardrobe teleporter to reach the Dis Special Rooms Lobby

Special Rooms currently include:
- DIS Club Room (way back from Beta!)
- DIS River Network
- DIS Holiday Rooms
- Cape Expeditions
- the Zeta Girls river ride

Previously, DIS teleporter lobby owners included: JeanJoe aka Bezoar, Pumpkinfish aka MissBelle, WebmasterAlex aka disalex, Astryd (as herself)

===== DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE BORED =====

OK, now for the painful details of how it all works, from my original thoughts:
Shared room / teleportation room network

Goal: as much as possible, to share a common room, even when that room's owner is not logged in

Method:

- one lobby room, which has a teleporter linking to a teleporter in the common room

- multiple players who each have 1 teleporter in their own room and 1 teleporter in the lobby room

- what this allows: even when the lobby room owner and/or common room owner are NOT logged in, someone who has a teleporter in their own room can get to the lobby, and then get to the common room

- when we want to change the common room, we can just move the single teleporter in the common room into a new common room; the rest of the network stays intact

Style:

- to cram as many personal room teleporters in the lobby room as possible, people should purchase coffin teleporters because they take up less space, and because then it will be clear that coffins transport to personal rooms and not to common rooms

- the lobby room teleporter into the common room is currently a tea cup, so it will stand out

- if we need more common rooms in the future, we could use the other non-coffin teleporters to link to additional common rooms

- if we need more lobby space for more personal teleporters, we could create more lobby rooms, and then link together the lobby rooms. Perhaps each lobby room could link to a different common room.

Caveats:

- if you provide a teleportation link from your room to the lobby, people will be able to backtrack into your room. If you don't want people to wander around in your room, rope off around the teleporter

- if you rope off the "normal" entrance to the COMMON room (not around the teleportation tea cup), and no one is in the lobby, it will be tedious to let people who don't have a personal lobby teleportation portal into the common room, because when they "go to" you, they will end up behind the ropes

- perhaps the common room should not be roped off, but that means lots of random people will drop in; this could be set depending on the common room owner's preference?

JeanJoe
06-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Probably horribly out of date Map of the DIS Teleporter Network

Shrunken Ned's Dis Lobby

http://bcswebco.com/vmk/SH_Ned_Dis_Lobby_Map_08092005.jpg
As of: 9 Aug 2005

Here is a new map of my Lobby!

Let me know if you find any errors

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/9131lobby2.jpg

Astryd
06-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Great job Bezoar! Thanks for doing all this. :flower:

Maleficent2
06-23-2005, 09:21 PM
thanks for doing this! I know this was really labor intensive and it took away alot of gametime but we all do appreciate it so much....

Mal

polysisterchick
06-24-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks! when i save my money up again i will buy some!

JeanJoe
06-24-2005, 10:46 AM
Dis teleporter network, room list

Left Tea Cup: Dis "Maleficent" Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

Left wall (9)
- mickeysfriend (Beherenow)
- mickeysmagic (LoriR)
- DoomCookie (Taryn)
- JustmeTigger (StaceyA)
- Tinkgirl (HollyJoy)
- Peeplmoovr (?)
- Astryd (Astryd)
- carribbeanbel (Cyndirella)
- Bezoar (JeanJoe)

Right wall (8)
- IHavGreenEyes (IHavGreenEyes)
- ChiaBob (Chia8333)
- canadian (blizzard)
- Maltoo (Maleficent2)
- MissBelle (Pumpkinfish)
- wdwlover (Marypops!)
- hagen (hagen)
- Churro (Churro)

==========

Middle Tea Cup: Dis "Yeti" Teleporter Lobby (owned by Astryd = Astryd)

Left wall (10)
- TinkerSnow
- Lillykat
- Mickeynme
- Anastasia
- KairiHeart
- capecad
- FLBound
- AshleyMarie
- chimera
- RealLabGirl

==========

Right Tea Cup: "Shrunken Ned's" Dis Lobby (owned by pumpkinfish = MissBelle)

Left wall (9)
- TinkUK
- SouthernBelle
- kareneast
- sage
- Disvaclub
- Vellamint
- disalex
- Dznygrl
- CoolJoNo

Right wall (6)
- NHDisney
- lifeof
- Girz
- snuggie
- PurDizFan
- TwirlerGirl

==========

Right Wall Tea Cup: "Captain Blackheart" Dis Lobby (owned by WebmasterAlex = disalex)
Left wall (10)
- coolcami
- Nautilus
- AdioSkater --teacup--> PixieBella
- alliben
- jennitwr
- Disneyholic
- Tinkgirl
- TigTink
- hikerkira
- Tulip

Right wall (2)
- Tishke
- MickeyGirl

Second row (1)
- DisTam

Haluci
06-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Do you mind if I link into your network?
If so, what room should I put the other teleporter in?

goofyandplutoluver
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Great idea! =D

JeanJoe
06-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Do you mind if I link into your network?
If so, what room should I put the other teleporter in?

This network is open to everyone! The goal was to help create a community of like-minded people, and just because it's fun to peek in other people's rooms.

How to get linked is under "How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network" in the 1st post, but basically:

- One coffin goes into your room.

- The other coffin has to be traded to either VMK MissBelle or Bezoar, because we "own" the lobby rooms, so only we can place the other coffin in the room. Keep an eye out for us, or ask other Dis people who are on whether they've seen us lately.

Haluci
06-24-2005, 05:33 PM
I searched for the rooms, and I can't find them...
They must only be open if the owner is in them. Hey, that solves two problems at once! w00t!

JeanJoe
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I searched for the rooms, and I can't find them...
They must only be open if the owner is in them. Hey, that solves two problems at once! w00t!
Not quite true: a room is open if *anyone* is in it, and it doesn't have to be the owner. (Although when VMK just started beta, what you said *was* true; if the owner left, everyone else was booted out.)

Or, once teleporter links are set up, you just need to find a teleporter that links into it, which is the point of the teleporter network.

Haluci
06-24-2005, 05:54 PM
:-(
anyway I'll be looking for you guys.

debbiedoo
06-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks so much!!

I almost have enough to get my third room--if you need another central location for teleporters just pm me or find me at vmk!!---or click on the AIM guy--

I would be more than happy to contribute--not to mention 2 more coffin teleporters!!

:wave2:

Nutsy
06-25-2005, 05:26 AM
Cool. Someone actually asked me about this the other day & didn't know the answer. I shall have to look into this further next time I am able to log in.

Thanks so much for all that info.

JeanJoe
06-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks so much!!

I almost have enough to get my third room--if you need another central location for teleporters just pm me or find me at vmk!!---or click on the AIM guy--
Thanks for the offer! Teleporter requests are slow but steady; I think we've got a ways to go before we fill 3 rooms with coffin teleporters. Initially, there were 24 in one room, before splitting them up. Now, we've got ~34 between 3 rooms. But I'll remember the offer, 'Snuggie' :)

CoKoBOY
06-27-2005, 12:23 AM
may I join this network thing? I have a problem though...My guest room is the "mad tea party" place :earseek:

jensenba
06-27-2005, 01:43 AM
I woul l ike to join. I have just never been able to find those who I need to find.

JeanJoe
06-27-2005, 05:24 AM
may I join this network thing? I have a problem though...My guest room is the "mad tea party" place :earseek:
It's OK, so long as you don't mind a coffin tucked away in your nice green hideaway. I've seen people place the coffin in the mad tea party's lower left corner, where it doesn't stand out too much, and it looks fine.

I woul l ike to join. I have just never been able to find those who I need to find.
Agreed, that's the flaw with the setup -- not only do you need to be on when Bezoar or MissBelle are on, you also need to actually find them (which is hard if we aren't on your friend's list). I don't really have a good solution for this, as I can't plan when I can be on. :(

JeanJoe
06-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Updated room list:

Dis teleporter network, room list

Left Tea Cup: Dis "Maleficent" Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

- left wall:
- mickeysfriend (Beherenow)
- mickeysmagic (LoriR)
- DoomCookie (Taryn)
- JustmeTigger (StaceyA)
- Tinkgirl (HollyJoy)
- Peeplmoovr (?)
- Astryd (ValerieK)
- carribbeanbel (Cyndirella)
- Bezoar (JeanJoe)

- right wall:
- IHavGreenEyes (?)
- ChiaBob (Chia8333)
- canadian (blizzard)
- Maltoo (Maleficent2)
- MissBelle (Pumpkinfish)
- wdwlover (Marypops!)
- hagen (hagen)
- Churro (?)

=====

Middle Tea Cup: Dis "Yeti" Teleporter Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

- left wall:
- Anastasia (?)
- capecad (Capecad)
- KairiHeart (Scurvy)
- TinkerSnow (Diana Lyn)

- right wall:
- Lillykat (lillykat)
- Disneyholic (imadisneyholic)
- jennitwr (?)
- alliben (?)

=====

Right Tea Cup: "Shrunken Ned's" Dis Lobby (owned by pumpkinfish = MissBelle)

- left wall:
- SouthernBelle (Sk8Leigh)
- kareneast (kareneast)
- sage (cobbler)
- Disvaclub (disvaclub92)
- Vellamint (Vellamint)
- disalex (WebmasterAlex)
- Dznygrl (caribear)

- right wall:
- lifeof (thegales)
- Girz (?)
- snuggie (debbiedoo)
- PurDizFan (ekmdisney)

=====

Lost:
- monami (Dis name?; currently boat, need to switch to coffin)

CoKoBOY
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
ok whos giving me the teleporter? for the Dis network?

DVCLady
06-29-2005, 12:09 AM
If you see me around give me a shout out so I can join the network!

ekmdisney
06-29-2005, 12:16 AM
I made a new character tonight. So I will have to hunt some one down to give them a teleporter for the DIS telport HWY!

CoKoBOY
06-29-2005, 12:50 AM
ok, ill buy 2 teleporters(cofin) add me jeanjoe, ill trade you. ign: CoKoBOY

zakk110
06-29-2005, 05:40 AM
dude who are u in vmk my name in vmk is zakk

JeanJoe
06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll be off and on in VMK today. Place on of the coffins in the pair in your room, and keep an eye out for me (the green guy wearing the green D shirt) to trade the other coffin to.

HollyJoy
06-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Joe,

I may have another one for you soon :)

JeanJoe
06-29-2005, 08:57 AM
A little bit of cool news: there is someone at the VMK Fan Site boards who is interested in starting up a teleporter network for their boards. I shared some tips with them, and suggested that someday, we might even link our networks together.

I still hope to grow our very own Dis network more, though. For whatever reason, I think there is more of a "community" here, and would like our network to reflect that :)

So (hint hint) make sure you trade your coffins with me or MissBelle and not to them! ;) (Or at least, link to both board networks!)

TwirlerGirl
06-29-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm so new to this, but I would like to try as well. Thank you for your time and effort.
Thanks to all the DIS members who have been so helpful.
TwirlerGirl ak Sandy

AdioSkater
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
I am new to the Dis but have been playing VMK for a while my username is Adioskater as well. So if you see me in the game say hi. :cool1:
I would like to join... could I?

Momma Rabbit
06-29-2005, 01:20 PM
I would like to join the dis teleport network. I just need to hunt someone down to make the trade.

SoRa DoRk
06-29-2005, 06:28 PM
I want to do that to! My name is Oogie-Boogie. :smooth:

CoKoBOY
06-29-2005, 07:28 PM
ok ill try to find youe joe or miss Belle. trying to earn credits through music game and safari( omg," my pc" won't let me play the fireworks game and the pirate game, that really sucks!) well I don't have much now, still earning credits.

TwirlerGirl
06-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks MissBelle for the help with the teleporter. My room is almost ready.

TwirlerGirl aka Sandy

AdioSkater
06-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Thank you Bezoar for helping me set up my teleporter yesterday. I ran into you and MissBelle in the same room!

Sonya
06-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Do you have to buy 2 coffins or are they sold in pairs?

JeanJoe
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Do you have to buy 2 coffins or are they sold in pairs?
They are sold in pairs, so 500 credits will get you the pair of coffins you would need.

Announcement

DisAlex (VMK) = WebmasterAlex (Dis) now owns the Captain Blackheart Dis Lobby and can place coffin teleporters for you!

So, the 3 people who can place coffins are now:
- DisAlex = WebmasterAlex
- MissBelle = Pumpkinfish
- Bezoar = JeanJoe

Hopefully that will make it easier to find someone to help you out!

Sonya
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
OK, I have my teleporters and need to find someone. I'm hikerkira and I'm a redhead wearking a pith helmut.

Astryd
06-30-2005, 01:34 PM
OK, I have my teleporters and need to find someone. I'm hikerkira and I'm a redhead wearking a pith helmut.

None of them are on right now. Bezoar went to lunch maybe he will be back a little later.

Astryd
06-30-2005, 02:34 PM

Bezoar is on now, he is in central plaza if you have not found him yet.

CoKoBOY
06-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Off topic: ok I did some of "the math" and I figured that if I do what I planned, I only get 240 credits a day

On topic: since my room is called Tea house lobby, that may sound wierd in a network that already has a lobby. So I been thinking I will make my own network, and then link it up with the DIS network, good idea?

JeanJoe
07-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Bezoar is on now, he is in central plaza if you have not found him yet.

I have this strange feeling that I"m being watched, that someone's following me...

I'm visiting relatives now and may not be able to get on as much for the next few days. There are going to be ~39 friends / family over tomorrow to see the new kids in the family, mine and my sister's, and I think it would not be appreciated if I spent my time upstairs on VMK. (Hmmm, on the other hand, with ~39 people, it's very likely that no one would notice if I were missing, eh?)

On topic: since my room is called Tea house lobby, that may sound wierd in a network that already has a lobby. So I been thinking I will make my own network, and then link it up with the DIS network, good idea?
Many people who connect into the Dis network have also connected their multiple rooms by teleporter. They are *your* rooms, so name them and connect them any way you please!

However, the connection to the Dis network will be the usual coffin to one of our current 4 lobbies, and not to the Dis Central Lobby.

CoKoBOY
07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
oh, thanks for letting me know that!
Is it true that you buy a cofin teleporter, it comes in pairs(2)? for 500credits?

JeanJoe
07-01-2005, 03:02 PM
oh, thanks for letting me know that!
Is it true that you buy a cofin teleporter, it comes in pairs(2)? for 500credits?
Correct, a linked pair of coffin teleporters for 500 credits.

SpinMarty
07-02-2005, 03:57 AM
A little bit of cool news: there is someone at the VMK Fan Site boards who is interested in starting up a teleporter network for their boards. I shared some tips with them, and suggested that someday, we might even link our networks together.

Hey hey! It is true, the VMK Fan Site Central Port is finished (well mostly) and includes a teleport to your main hub (via the coffin).

We will have mappng soon and I would be more than happy to post the VMKFanSite map here so you can use it as a guide should you wish (I am mapping the VMKFS one anyhow so not a big deal) :)

Great idea JeanJoe had!

JeanJoe
07-02-2005, 05:29 AM
Hey hey! It is true, the VMK Fan Site Central Port is finished (well mostly) and includes a teleport to your main hub (via the coffin).

We will have mappng soon and I would be more than happy to post the VMKFanSite map here so you can use it as a guide should you wish (I am mapping the VMKFS one anyhow so not a big deal) :)

Great idea JeanJoe had!
Welcome to the Dis boards, SpinMarty! For a moment I thought I had ended up in an alternate board universe ;)

As SpinMarty said, the VMK teleporter networks are becoming a network of networks! TinkerBlue (from VMK fan site) and I thought that rather than just connecting our two hubs, we would leave room for expansion with other major networks.

So, the VMK fan site Master Hub and the Dis boards Central Lobby are now linked to a room called the "Place between the Worlds." If other major teleporter networks show an interest, I would like to add portals into their networks as well.

Intercot has a large and very complex network (modeled more like a neural network and less like a hub and spoke system; check out their incredibly cool mouse-over interconnection map (http://www.allguinness.com/vmk/vmkmap.html)). I'd love to have them connected to.

If anyone knows of any other large teleporter networks (say >20 rooms), could you let them know about this and let me know if they're interested?

chimera
07-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey Joe!

If you need extra rooms, I'm not using either of my maleficient rooms. I'd be happy to 'donate' to the cause :flower:

Tishke
07-02-2005, 09:33 AM
A big thank you to Alex for placing my first teleporter in the new lobby. (It is the one right next to the teacup) You can all now easily get to my Lame Haunted Room. Plenty of chairs if you move to the dead center of the room. ;)

Astryd
07-02-2005, 09:34 AM
A big thank you to Alex for placing my first teleporter in the new lobby. (It is the one right next to the teacup) You can all now easily get to my Lame Haunted Room. Plenty of chairs if you move to the dead center of the room. ;)

:rotfl:

SpinMarty
07-02-2005, 10:09 AM
WOW the Intercot map is WAAAY cool!!

* note to self . . . figure out how they did it without giving up too much VMK time!

And thanks JeanJoe for the welcome. It is a bit like crossing universes, isn't it? LOL

JeanJoe
07-02-2005, 11:36 AM
WOW the Intercot map is WAAAY cool!!

* note to self . . . figure out how they did it without giving up too much VMK time!

And thanks JeanJoe for the welcome. It is a bit like crossing universes, isn't it? LOL
Agreed!

Still, with the hub / periphery setup of VMK Fan Site + Dis, it's less necessary than with Intercot's non-hierarchical loop / neural network. I think for us, what might be cool would be screen shots of each of the lobby rooms, and then mouse-over's the teleporters would pop-up the owner names. That would not be doable here (no HTML or Java), but it would be neat.

Incidentally, my suggestion to link networks with Intercot has 1 rather unenthusiastic response thus far. That's ok, I was just trying to be neighborly :)

Astryd
07-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Agreed!

Still, with the hub / periphery setup of VMK Fan Site + Dis, it's less necessary than with Intercot's non-hierarchical loop / neural network. I think for us, what might be cool would be screen shots of each of the lobby rooms, and then mouse-over's the teleporters would pop-up the owner names. That would not be doable here (no HTML or Java), but it would be neat.

Incidentally, my suggestion to link networks with Intercot has 1 rather unenthusiastic response thus far. That's ok, I was just trying to be neighborly :)

I saw in one of Intercots room descritions, that if were not intercot, then don't bother coming in. :rolleyes: nice. I use to post there, but have not in a while. I was thinking about going over and saying hi again, but maybe not.

cami89
07-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I saw in one of Intercots room descritions, that if were not intercot, then don't bother coming in.

Ouch!

cami89
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
DisAlex (VMK) = WebmasterAlex (Dis) now owns the Captain Blackheart Dis Lobby and can place coffin teleporters for you!

DisAlex just placed my teleporter - thank you :)

JeanJoe
07-06-2005, 04:43 AM
A big thanks to chimera, mickeysmagic, and all the others who have offered to donate rooms to the Dis teleporter network. We're all set for "lobbies" now -- we have 4 of them, and each can hold probably ~30 coffin teleporters for a total of 120 linked rooms. We're at ~50 linked rooms right now, so there's plenty of room.

Coffin donation? There haven't been too many new requests to place more links, but one problem might be that newer people are having a hard time coming up with the 500 credits to purchase a coffin teleporter. So, if anyone here has credits burning a hole in their pocket, and you notice someone who would like to link in but can't afford it, that might be nice. :) If there's interest, perhaps people who would like a coffin could post in this thread.

Another way to help out would be to donate extra pieces of furniture. If you think a particular extra piece of furniture would look nice in a lobby, feel free to donate.

If we end up using additional rows of teleporters, it would be especially nice to have LOTS of crates. I spent 1,350 credits on 27 crates the other day :guilty: to try out elevating the teleporters against the back row in case we needed to put a second row in front of them.

Thanks to all again for your offers, and to everyone who is participating!

JeanJoe
07-06-2005, 04:44 AM
By the way, Yeti lobby (the 2nd tea cup from Central) was getting full and the new Blackheart lobby was lonely (the 4th tea cup from Central), so we did a transfer to even things out -- sorry if you got confused with the rearranging.

Shortly, Astryd will be taking over Yeti lobby (once I transfer the current room contents to her), so

If you'd like a teleporter placed, the lobby owners are: (from left to right, by tea cup from Dis Central Lobby)

Maleficent Lobby: JeanJoe=Bezoar
Yeti Lobby: Astryd=Astryd
Shrunken Ned Lobby: pumpkinfish=MissBelle
Blackheart Lobby: WebmasterAlex=disalex

Arielfn93
07-06-2005, 08:57 AM
I have zero money right now, but I'm savin up now

Tomandtammy
07-06-2005, 05:41 PM
help I cant get into the DIS lobby, i tried everything! Someone I am Distam on VMK

LuvN~Travel
07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I know how you feel. I've only gotten in once and I don't which of the rooms it was that I got into. I've tried every one of them since then, and none of them come up on search.:) Oh well....
Kim

Tomandtammy
07-06-2005, 07:59 PM
teleporting for dummies!
I have a teleporter , do I need 2? I put my 1 in my room, I can only get into the dis central room thingy when someone is there, if noone is there how can you open the room? Can someone help the poor woman stuck in VMK?
Tomandtammy-DIS
Distam-VMK

Diana Lyn
07-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Bezoar, JeanJoe, whatever you are going by these days :rotfl:

I have a TON of credits, mostly from my many failed attempts at fireworks magic :rolleyes: , so if you need furniture catch me in the game and I'll buy whatever you need and trade it to you. Wow, if only someone would say that to me in real life! :rotfl:

Astryd
07-06-2005, 08:35 PM
teleporting for dummies!
I have a teleporter , do I need 2? I put my 1 in my room, I can only get into the dis central room thingy when someone is there, if noone is there how can you open the room? Can someone help the poor woman stuck in VMK?
Tomandtammy-DIS
Distam-VMK

All three of us that have lobby rooms are on tonight. Too bad you are not on. If you see this we are in Central Plaza.

Tomandtammy
07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
is that a guest room? or a place on VMK

lab_girl
07-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Is there a specific time / certain room that the 'lobby' owners are on VMK?
I have my Teleporter :wave2:

Astryd
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Is there a specific time / certain room that the 'lobby' owners are on VMK?
I have my Teleporter :wave2:

We are usually in central plaza come and find us!

JeanJoe
07-07-2005, 12:59 PM
We are usually in central plaza come and find us!
Just remember to use Advanced mode under the Globe button to try multiple more crowded "instances" of Central plaza.

Tinkerbelle739
07-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks to AdioSkater for adding me to his room!! I am now Dis connected!! :cool1:

My rooms are Dis Beach and Dis Evil Fortress (teacup connected to Fortress Lobby)

JeanJoe
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks to AdioSkater for adding me to his room!! I am now Dis connected!! :cool1:

My rooms are Dis Beach and Dis Evil Fortress (teacup connected to Fortress Lobby)

Edited to clarify from the original sleep-fogged post:
I'm confused. Are you linked through AdioSkater's room, which is linked to a lobby? That's a chain of teleporters that I was hoping to avoid, as it makes it hard to keep track of rooms.

Of course if that's your preference, that's fine.

But then, your room probably won't get mapped out.

Re-edited to add:
OK figured it out. Off of Dis Blackheart lobby is a link to AdioSkater's room, and off of his room there's a tea cup that goes to your room. That kind of defeats the attempt to centralize things to minimize the number of jumps you need to make. It also makes mapping difficult (I don't intend to map any links off of personal rooms in the future).

If you like the set-up as is, that's fine :) But if you want fewer "jumps" to get to the central hub, go ahead and get a coffin (preferably not a tea cup) teleporter to Bezoar / Astryd / MissBelle / or disalex.

Thanks!

JeanJoe
07-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I've updated the Dis Teleporter Network room list. You can see the list on the first page of this thread in this post (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=8980002&postcount=6)

We're up to 55 total rooms off of the 4 lobbies. Yay!

If anyone is interested in having a link to their room added, please contact:
- JeanJoe (VMK Bezoar)
- Astryd (VMK Astryd)
- pumpkinfish (VMK MissBelle)
- WebmasterAlex (VMK disalex)

I'd like to keep the rooms kind of equal in size, so the next few coffins should probably go to Yeti lobby (Astryd). But feel free to trade the coffin to any of us, and we'll get it into a lobby.

RadioNate
07-07-2005, 08:42 PM
as soon as I find one of you guys I'm ready to go

pumpkinfish
07-08-2005, 05:50 AM
as soon as I find one of you guys I'm ready to go
We are all usually on around 9-10pm EST and hanging out in the Central Plaza or a Dis room. If you go to rooms and search Dis a bunch of rooms usually come up. Someone in there is probably one of our friends and can point you in the direction of where we are :)

Hope this helps!

WDWLVR
07-08-2005, 06:42 AM
I have my teleporter so I'll look for someone to give it to tonight. I saw JeanJoe last night and tried to get their attenion by asking to be a friend but then they were gone before I could post I was from the DIS.

chimera
07-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Hey labgirl and Ashley! Looks like we're teleporter neighbors :sunny:

Labgirl...sometime you'll have to tell us what kind of labgirl you are. Before i went to PA school, I was a labrat myself :)

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 07:02 AM
I have my teleporter so I'll look for someone to give it to tonight. I saw JeanJoe last night and tried to get their attenion by asking to be a friend but then they were gone before I could post I was from the DIS.
So sorry, what was your VMK name?

When I'm just walking around, I'll collect a bunch of friend requests from people (sometimes Guests, sometimes not) who I haven't even talked to. So, if I don't remember ever even talking to them, I usually just cancel the friend request. So I'm very sorry!

Maybe we should come up with a secret code phrase to alert us. Something like: "Hey you! Take my coffin!" ;)

Diana Lyn
07-08-2005, 07:03 AM

Mary, what's your VMK name? I looked on the main list but didn't see ya. I'm TinkerSnow. I'll look for you and say Hi! :wave:

TwirlerGirl
07-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Code "Seen any good coffins lately". LOL Translation = Hi! I'm a Dis member and want to join the group. Won't you pleeeeease take my coffin? ROTFL!

Addicted! I'm addicted to the DIS and VMK! Somebody help me. I know my DH doesn't understand. He thought my WDW addiction was bad now he knows I'm a goner. If he starts looking at Rest homes I'm in deep trouble.

Sandy

WDWLVR
07-08-2005, 07:53 AM
So sorry, what was your VMK name?

When I'm just walking around, I'll collect a bunch of friend requests from people (sometimes Guests, sometimes not) who I haven't even talked to. So, if I don't remember ever even talking to them, I usually just cancel the friend request. So I'm very sorry!

Maybe we should come up with a secret code phrase to alert us. Something like: "Hey you! Take my coffin!" ;)

My VMK name is diswdwlvr (creative huh?)

Not a worry. Like I said I'm pretty new so I should have said hello first.

I'll look for you all tonight.

WDWLVR
07-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Or maybe we should ask if a DIS undertaker is around. Undertakers need coffins right?

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 08:16 AM
My VMK name is diswdwlvr (creative huh?)

Not a worry. Like I said I'm pretty new so I should have said hello first.

I'll look for you all tonight.

Pretty new? Maybe at VMK, but OMG 10,941 posts?

And BTW, howdy neighbor! Can't wait to visit BWV this fall, our new home as well. (Of course, if I tried to say that at VMK -- WARNING: DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOU WILL BE BANNED.)

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 08:18 AM

Labgirl...sometime you'll have to tell us what kind of labgirl you are. Before i went to PA school, I was a labrat myself :)

I was wondering the same, with a name like that. Labrat here too (during the days). Productivity during the day has plummeted since VMK.

chimera
07-08-2005, 08:49 AM
I was wondering the same, with a name like that. Labrat here too (during the days). Productivity during the day has plummeted since VMK.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Me too Joe! Productivity is not good these days ;)

I didn't know you were a lab guy. I thought you were a neonatologist. Are you in research?

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 09:31 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Me too Joe! Productivity is not good these days ;)

I didn't know you were a lab guy. I thought you were a neonatologist. Are you in research?

That's right. Neonatology fellowship, but I'm in the more research heavy years now -- in a molecular biology lab during most days, with scattered clinical responsibilities too. So, during the day I have lots of short steps with waits whose time *should* be spent reading / documenting / thinking / working, but is instead spent hanging around VMK.

That'll have to decrease though. Any day now. Yeah, that's right, any day now.

Astryd
07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
That's right. Neonatology fellowship, but I'm in the more research heavy years now -- in a molecular biology lab during most days, with scattered clinical responsibilities too. So, during the day I have lots of short steps with waits whose time *should* be spent reading / documenting / thinking / working, but is instead spent hanging around VMK.

That'll have to decrease though. Any day now. Yeah, that's right, any day now.

sure Joe :rotfl:

By the way, where are you?

JeanJoe
07-08-2005, 10:20 AM
sure Joe :rotfl:

By the way, where are you?

What, miss me? Doubt it.

Speaking of which, disalex has some impressive powers... Yesterday evening, he came over on VMK to fight me, and did his dance moves in front of me. I pretty promptly loss connection. I tried to reconnect, but it took so long and I was so tired that I gave up.

I have two theories:

1) disalex is supremely powerful, and was able to boot me right out of VMK AND prevent me from returning

2) his dancing is so bad that my computer rebelled and refused to be subjected to such treatment

You all can decide.

====

Need to get a lot done today, unless I want to come in to work over the weekend, so I might be kind of scarce.

Astryd
07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
What, miss me? Doubt it.

Speaking of which, disalex has some impressive powers... Yesterday evening, he came over on VMK to fight me, and did his dance moves in front of me. I pretty promptly loss connection. I tried to reconnect, but it took so long and I was so tired that I gave up.

I have two theories:

1) disalex is supremely powerful, and was able to boot me right out of VMK AND prevent me from returning

2) his dancing is so bad that my computer rebelled and refused to be subjected to such treatment

You all can decide.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: has to be the dancing. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Need to get a lot done today, unless I want to come in to work over the weekend, so I might be kind of scarce.

Noooo! at least come for a brief visit.

WDWLVR
07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Pretty new? Maybe at VMK, but OMG 10,941 posts?

And BTW, howdy neighbor! Can't wait to visit BWV this fall, our new home as well. (Of course, if I tried to say that at VMK -- WARNING: DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOU WILL BE BANNED.)

Yes new at VMK - I've been on the DIS since early 2000 which is when we bought at Boardwalk.

See that is my other problem at VMK - trying to type something that doesn't get blocked. I'll get the hang of it.

lab_girl
07-08-2005, 11:49 AM

Right now I work in a Medical Lab in a Hospital. I live in a VERY small city and it's the only 'lab' work here :teeth:

The labrats seem to be multiplying!
:goodvibes

lab_girl
07-08-2005, 11:51 AM
...See that is my other problem at VMK - trying to type something that doesn't get blocked. I'll get the hang of it.

Me 2! (sorry just wanted to type a number!)
;)

JeanJoe
07-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Coffin teleporter donations for new players

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in a coffin teleporter "pay it forward" donation setup?

Multiple new players have said that they would like to join the teleporter network, but that they don't have the credits to buy a coffin teleporter (especially after the film and furniture price increases).

Might people who are rolling in credits be willing to consider donating a coffin pair to newbies? Donors would trade both coffins to the new player. The new player would place on in their room, and trade the remaining coffin to Bezoar / Astryd / MissBelle / or disalex for network lobby placement.

It would be great if people who received a donated coffin pair could someday reciprocate by purchasing a pair for the new newbies.

Anyone willing? People willing to donate and people interested in receiving a coffin could post here.

(Perhaps some of the very generous people who have offered furniture and/or rooms for the network might consider?)

==========

Edited to add: just realized that the logistics of this might be easier if Bezoar / Astryd / MissBelle / and disalex were each given a pair of coffins by donors, and then any of us who could manage to hook up with a new player could deal with coffin placement.

Word to the wise: do not keep a bazillion coffins in your inventory, or you will spend endless fun time trying to figure out which is paired with which one afterwards.

chimera
07-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd be happy to donate a pair. I'll look for one of you next time I'm on VMK!

WDWLVR
07-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm still trying to find a time when one of the four are on so I can give them my own. i have bad timing. :)

Tishke
07-09-2005, 07:52 PM
If anyone is having trouble getting a teleporter to someone to put in a hub, feel free to pass it on to me. I have the bad habbit of running into those hub room holders a lot :rolleyes: :rotfl2:

WDWLVR
07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah! I finally found Alex and got my teleporter set up!

Diana Lyn
07-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd be happy to donate also! I'm heading on now!

JeanJoe
07-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Yay! The first round of pay-it-forward donated coffins!

I've received donated teleporters from DoomCookie and TinkerSnow (thanks!) and disalex may have received some too.

Now all I need is somebody to share them with!

If anyone runs into Bezoar on VMK and asks for a link in, I can do it. (Or PM me here, and we can try to arrange a meeting, but it's a little difficult because my work times are unpredictable).

Diana Lyn
07-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I have to admit, I donated figuring maybe if I do a good deed, I'd get some pixie dust in return and finally win that pesky fireworks magic pin that driving me insane!! :crazy:

But I'm glad someone is going to get a chance to teleport with us!

Nutsy
07-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I have to admit, I donated figuring maybe if I do a good deed, I'd get some pixie dust in return and finally win that pesky fireworks magic pin that driving me insane!! :crazy:

But I'm glad someone is going to get a chance to teleport with us!

lol I just got the fireworks pin. Been trying & trying for ages & finally I got it.

As for the teleporter network. If I ever find someone at VMK who can place them I'd like to join & I can also donate a couple to someone too if they need them. I've been accumulating my credits rather than buy stuff all the time:banana:

chimera
07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Yay! The first round of pay-it-forward donated coffins!

I've received donated teleporters from DoomCookie and TinkerSnow (thanks!) and disalex may have received some too.

Gave a pair to DisAlex last night!

JeanJoe
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
lol I just got the fireworks pin. Been trying & trying for ages & finally I got it.

As for the teleporter network. If I ever find someone at VMK who can place them I'd like to join & I can also donate a couple to someone too if they need them. I've been accumulating my credits rather than buy stuff all the time:banana:

If you happen to be free, I'll be on for the next hour or so.

WebmasterAlex
07-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Here is a map I made:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/9131Blackheartlobby.jpg

RadioNate
07-10-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm still trying to find a time when one of the four are on so I can give them my own. i have bad timing. :)

I do too.

when are people usually on. I ran into disalex the other night but couldn't get a trade to work. my computer has issues.

Nutsy
07-11-2005, 12:02 AM
If you happen to be free, I'll be on for the next hour or so.

With the time difference it makes it hard to be on when you guys are also on.

For me this week I can't be on until around midnight Eastern time which is 2pm the following day here.

Wednesday (your Tuesday night) I may be able to make it about an hour earlier. Actually now that I think of it. I will be home most of Thursday (your Wednesday evening/night).

I just need to find someone who can do this for me. I have bought one pair of coffins. Will buy another as soon as I can get these ones placed.

Where do you folks usually hang out? I'm usually hanging around the fireworks or Jungle Cruise.

Astryd
07-11-2005, 07:29 AM
With the time difference it makes it hard to be on when you guys are also on.

For me this week I can't be on until around midnight Eastern time which is 2pm the following day here.

Wednesday (your Tuesday night) I may be able to make it about an hour earlier. Actually now that I think of it. I will be home most of Thursday (your Wednesday evening/night).

I just need to find someone who can do this for me. I have bought one pair of coffins. Will buy another as soon as I can get these ones placed.

Where do you folks usually hang out? I'm usually hanging around the fireworks or Jungle Cruise.

:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin :scratchin

TwirlerGirl
07-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I have a teleporter set to donate. Let me know how we can make it happen.

Sandy

Aunt Cawa
07-11-2005, 08:48 AM
I would be happy to donate a teleporter set too. Just let me know what I should do. Have way too many credits from playing fireworks in quest for that darn pin! lol

Cawa

liznboys
07-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the map, Alex! :)

threeboysmom
07-15-2005, 12:47 PM
OK, just spent my very last credit on a teleporter set. I placed one of the coffins in my room, and now, from what I understand, I need to look for one of you on VMK and just say "hey, I've got a teleporter - can you take it for me?" :confused3

ekmdisney
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Yes, look for vmk's "Miss Belle" and vmk's "Bezoar" and I now believe their is one more. But those two I know for sure. You will do a trade, and give them the other coffin, then they will put it into one of the Dis telporter rooms. Click on your envelope in the bottom of the screen, and then click the "Friends" tab. If you have already asked one of them to be your friend, and they have accepted, then they will show up on your friends list, if they are on line, they their name will be highlighted, just click the button to go to the room or game area that they are in. Good luck!

JeanJoe
07-16-2005, 07:22 AM
OK, just spent my very last credit on a teleporter set. I placed one of the coffins in my room, and now, from what I understand, I need to look for one of you on VMK and just say "hey, I've got a teleporter - can you take it for me?" :confused3

That's right -- any of these people can place a teleporter for you:

- Astryd / Astryd
- pumpkinfish / MissBelle
- WebmasterAlex / disalex
- JeanJoe / Bezoar (oh fine, CL_Bezoar, ugh)

And we have a few DONATED COFFIN PAIRS from generous Dis people! (I have a pair, I think other do too.) Sorry you didn't find out before you spent your credits... :(

Hope to see you linked in soon!

threeboysmom
07-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks JeanJoe! I found Astryd yesterday and gave her my teleporter. I haven't tried it out yet; hopefully, today I will get a chance, so maybe I'll see you around! Wish I knew there were extra coffin teleporters before I bought mine - bummer!! I'm now trying to earn another 200 credits to buy a palm tree for my room :) and then try and get another 200 credits to get more film for my camera... I find it hard work getting credits - I need to get better at the games I guess! LOL!

Kismetdreams
07-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, I found DisAlex's lobby, thanks to Little Belle and her room. :)

I have a couple of rooms now, but not enough money to do the transporters. If anyone can spare on, I'll be happy to set up a link!

threeboysmom
07-16-2005, 03:07 PM
OK, I've set up my teleporter in my room and gave my other to Astryd. I tried "teleporting" today and I don't go anywhere?? Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

Astryd
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
OK, I've set up my teleporter in my room and gave my other to Astryd. I tried "teleporting" today and I don't go anywhere?? Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

Sorry, I put it in the lobby today. I was just going to send you a message on VMK, but got distracted. You should be fine now. I teleported to your room to make sure. :)

JeanJoe
07-16-2005, 06:08 PM
I have a couple of rooms now, but not enough money to do the transporters. If anyone can spare on, I'll be happy to set up a link!

I have one more donated pair of coffins. If you see disalex, MissBelle, Astryd, or CL_Bezoar, have us give you a coffin to place in your room!

I'll reimburse the coffin to any of the other 3 if needed.

Astryd
07-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I have one more donated pair of coffins. If you see disalex, MissBelle, Astryd, or CL_Bezoar, have us give you a coffin to place in your room!

I'll reimburse the coffin to any of the other 3 if needed.

i have a donated coffin to. Just find me if you need it.

BuddyGenie
07-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I just saw the credit listing for teleporter coffins, and I was like, :earseek:

I do have a pair of Big Thunder Mountain teleporters, but they're no good for the DIS teleporter exchange. :sad2:

What should I do?

Nutsy
07-17-2005, 04:20 AM
maybe you could sell those that you have

BuddyGenie
07-17-2005, 11:59 AM
But... I won them as a quest prize. :guilty:

WebmasterAlex
07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
how big are they BuddyGenie?

MinnieMelanie
07-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey guys I don't have a coffin teleporter but i'll stop by today!!

MinnieMelanie
07-19-2005, 08:27 AM
I have two extra rooms if you want them

VMK Azure~Minniemelanie

BuddyGenie
07-19-2005, 05:55 PM
how big are they BuddyGenie?

Well, they're wider than the coffin teleporters, I can say that much. They look like a train engine. I think they're the teleporters that can take you from the Emporium to the Golden Horseshoe Mercantile or whatever the Frontierland shop is called. I can scan the prize card and show you what it looks like, but I don't know if I have reached the post level as to where I can post an actual link. May I email it to you? PM me with your reply.

JeanJoe
07-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, they're wider than the coffin teleporters, I can say that much. They look like a train engine. I think they're the teleporters that can take you from the Emporium to the Golden Horseshoe Mercantile or whatever the Frontierland shop is called. I can scan the prize card and show you what it looks like, but I don't know if I have reached the post level as to where I can post an actual link. May I email it to you? PM me with your reply.

BuddyGenie -- you should know that these train teleporters are valuable as far as VMK goes. They're hard to get (not too many people have them), so don't trade them for a couple of shirts or something.

These and the Stitch (Tomorrowland) teleporters are the only ones which can not be purchased.

What were you planning on using them for?

JeanJoe
07-19-2005, 07:05 PM
I just saw the credit listing for teleporter coffins, and I was like, :earseek:

I do have a pair of Big Thunder Mountain teleporters, but they're no good for the DIS teleporter exchange. :sad2:

What should I do?

Just saw this post. If you were willing, I would be happy to give you a pair of coffin teleporters, and then I would use the train teleporters as a link into a public DIS room, similar to DoomCookie's DIS Club Room, and the frequently used Tishke Haunted Mansion Room.

Interested? Of course, if you get a good offer for them, by all means, enjoy :)

BuddyGenie
07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I haven't put them to use just as yet, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. However, if you can put them to good use, then I'd be happy to accept your kind offer. Count me in, friend. :sunny:

WebmasterAlex
07-19-2005, 07:31 PM
I love a happy ending!

JeanJoe
07-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I haven't put them to use just as yet, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. However, if you can put them to good use, then I'd be happy to accept your kind offer. Count me in, friend. :sunny:
Well, this may be way too corny for you, but I was going to try to convert the group effort Dis Celebration contest entry into a public Dis lounge. I've renamed the room the Dis Carry-oh-key Lounge, but want to change the seating a bit.

So, if it's OK with you, I would gladly use you teleporters, and in the meantime, buy a pair of coffins for you to use to link your own room into the network. And if you ever wanted them back, just ask. I'll only be using it for the Dis network, and will not trade or sell them.

Tishke
07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
BuddyGenie -- you should know that these train teleporters are valuable as far as VMK goes. They're hard to get (not too many people have them), so don't trade them for a couple of shirts or something.

These and the Stitch (Tomorrowland) teleporters are the only ones which can not be purchased.

What were you planning on using them for?

Please tell me you are joking. Those ugly train things are really worth something? LOL Can you not buy them anymore or something?

BuddyGenie
07-19-2005, 08:21 PM
I am quite satisfied to know that they are in capable hands. Not to mention it's our "best kept secret" if you know what I mean. ;)

Cardinal
07-19-2005, 08:24 PM
If you need an Esmerelda the Fortunteller lobby I'd love to host it.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc I want to feel noticed on these boards.

JeanJoe
07-20-2005, 12:02 PM
If you need an Esmerelda the Fortunteller lobby I'd love to host it.
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc I want to feel noticed on these boards.

Aaahhhh!! The bouncing green and pink things are coming to get us! Run away! Run!!!

Thanks for the offer (and to all the others who also offered)!

If possible, it'd be nice to keep the Dis teleporter network nicely compact, with a minimal number of lobbies, so people don't spend a lot of time going from lobby to lobby.

By stacking coffins on crates and using multiple rows (take a look at what's happening with the Maleficent lobby), I think it should be possible to fit close to 35 coffins in a single Maleficent room. With our current 4 lobbies, we should be able to accomodate 140 coffins then. Since we're currently at ~60 or so total, I think we're set for now, but thanks again!

The current central lobby is a Nemo room; I might switch it over to a Skull Rock room if we ever need more room to accomodate more lobbies. (Those tea cup teleporters take up SO much space...)

Then again, if anyone else thinks we need more lobbies now, I'd be happy to decide otherwise :)

PatriciaH
07-20-2005, 01:05 PM
I have several extra rooms you can use and a Stitch teleporter to link to one of my rooms. Is that too big?

Cardinal
07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Aaahhhh!! The bouncing green and pink things are coming to get us! Run away! Run!!!

-evil laughter-

Buzzfanmom
07-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I would love to join the network also! I have no idea what you are supposed to do with a room once you have one but I would love to find out. I bought the coffin teleporters and I'm ready to trade. My name is Buzzfanmom on VMK too. :earsboy:

Cerala
07-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey. I'd like to join the network too. :) Probably just in whichever lobby is the least crowded or the Maleficent Lobby. It looks like the hub has increased in size since the pictures were posted on the first page, so could someone tell me which person would be best to search out on VMK to give one half of my teleporters? ^^

JeanJoe
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey. I'd like to join the network too. :) Probably just in whichever lobby is the least crowded or the Maleficent Lobby. It looks like the hub has increased in size since the pictures were posted on the first page, so could someone tell me which person would be best to search out on VMK to give one half of my teleporters? ^^

Very kind of you to be so flexible as to where your link will go. As you've noticed, it's so hard to find any of us if we're not already on your friend's list that just find ANY of us (disalex, MissBelle, Astryd, or CL_Bezoar) and we'll cram it in there someplace. :)

Good luck, see you on VMK

debbiedoo
07-25-2005, 08:08 PM
If you need an extra skull rock room let me know--I have 2 or 3 extra rooms that are doing nothing but collecting cyber dust ;)

jdyer
07-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Spent a while looking for someone to hook me up to the network last night, but failed miserably in my quest...any hints where (and when) I might be able to find someone who can place the other half of my coffin set in a lobby?

Dnalyensid
07-26-2005, 09:57 PM
I spent some time looking for the past few days. I found disalex today. The best place to find someone, or someone who knows one of the lobby owners is the Central Plaza. Usually the busiest one. Beherenow suggested it in another thread.

Astryd
07-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Spent a while looking for someone to hook me up to the network last night, but failed miserably in my quest...any hints where (and when) I might be able to find someone who can place the other half of my coffin set in a lobby?

I will be on most of the night hopefully. I will most likely be in Central plaza.

Disneyfreak92
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
I finally got a telelporter last night. I looked for DIS members all night, but I only found Tinkerblue and that was before I got the teleporter. I think I now have 2 dis members in my friend list. I feel a bit lonely out there in VMK. I'd love to meet you all out there. I did spend most of my time looking in Central Plaza. Any more hints on when and where to find fellow DISers?

Update: I am now on the teleporter network! Thanks so much to Miss Belle and all the other DIS members I met last night in Mickeysfriend's room. I felt very welcome, and am thrilled to be connected. I hope to see you all again soon both here and on VMK. Thanks again!!! :cheer2:

MaliaMichelle
07-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Wow, I want to join the network. Can you still get the coffin transporter? I haven't found it. I looked in the western theme store, but I didn't see it. Maybe I overlooked it. Will look again tomorrow.

MaliaMichelle
07-29-2005, 12:16 AM
I also have extra skull rooms if anyone needs them.

BTW, how do you give away a room? LOL. I'm new to the game.

TinkerTracy
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM
i have many extra skull rooms if you need and i also have a teleporter (coffin) that the other half is already connected to the dis network....pm me if you want it! :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :grouphug: :earboy2: :wave:

AZCat
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Is there still room to have a teleporter added to the network?

WebmasterAlex
08-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Plenty of room! just find one of us

Mr.Otto
08-08-2005, 01:03 AM
I also have extra skull rooms if anyone needs them.

BTW, how do you give away a room? LOL. I'm new to the game.

Unfortunatly, you can't sell or trade away any rooms. Yer stuck with em!

BriarRosie
08-08-2005, 07:57 AM
I was able to find Waldo.....er....CL_Bezoar in Central Plaza on Saturday
night. Yay! He connected me to the DIS network. :banana:

My rooms are sparse, but I haven't racked up the credits like others have done. I'm down to about 1200 credits. :earseek:

VMK: BriarLori

JeanJoe
08-08-2005, 08:34 AM
Sparse? Well, you make up for quantity with quality -- nice magic mirror you had ;)

I was able to find Waldo.....er....CL_Bezoar in Central Plaza on Saturday
night. Yay! He connected me to the DIS network. :banana:

My rooms are sparse, but I haven't racked up the credits like others have done. I'm down to about 1200 credits. :earseek:

VMK: BriarLori

BriarRosie
08-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Sparse? Well, you make up for quantity with quality -- nice magic mirror you had ;)

And it cost me $3 for a coin trick at Disneyland. :cool1:

I kept thinking, "What's the cheapest magic trick to buy?" LOL!
I'm cheap, what can I say? :rotfl2:

WebmasterAlex
08-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Here is a new map of my Lobby!

Let me know if you find any errors

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/9131lobby2.jpg

got2travel
08-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Cool map Alex. That explains why I saw you walk in then walk right out of my room. I was hiding, adding some codes, and saw you pop in.

Nutsy
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Plenty of room! just find one of us

If only it were that easy.........I never seem to find any of you guys when I am on.

It's 11.30pm to closing for you guys when I am able to be in VMK. Not home before then. But weekends I can sometimes be in earlier. But even so, I never seem to find anyone.:confused3 I have a coffin in one of my rooms & have also got a spare pair for anyone who may want them.

got2travel
08-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Look in Central Plaza. You can usually find some Dis people there. And we can usually find one of the owners of the teleporter rooms.

AZCat
08-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Central Plaza was where I found disalex earlier tonight. Be sure to use the advanced mode to get to different instances of the room.

Nutsy
08-09-2005, 12:19 AM
I usually hang out at Central Plaza from about half an hour before closing & have yet to find anybody:confused3 Looks like I just have to keep on hoping....time difference doesn't help me much unfortuately. With it only being 3.15pm Tuesday afternoon here now it is 1.15am Tuesday morning on the east coast USA. I was late home today & by the time I'd had some lunch it was too late to log into VMK:confused3

JeanJoe
08-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Nutsy,

Sorry I keep missing you. I know Astryd left around midnight EST. I would have hung around till closing tonight, but work responsibilities called :(

Someday, we'll manage to be on at the same time. It's not THAT big a deal, though -- seems like people hang out "on the streets" more often than in the rooms anyway.

Nutsy
08-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks JeanJoe..........just want to have some fun that's all & if I can get linked to someones room, then I can go visit sometimes...........just makes it a bit more fun:sunny:

MaliaMichelle
08-09-2005, 01:01 AM
I would like to connect tommorrow. I will hook up with someone and give one to them for the network.

bcswebco.com
08-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Had a few extra minutes and thought I would post an update/map of the Shrunken Ned's Dis Lobby. Let me know of any corrections!

http://bcswebco.com/vmk/billy-sig-opt.jpg

pumpkinfish
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Had a few extra minutes and thought I would post an update/map of the Shrunken Ned's Dis Lobby. Let me know of any corrections!

VMK: Billy-Boy

Thanks for doing this! I appreciate it since I don't have the technology in place to print up a map :)

Thank you again :flower2:

bcswebco.com
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
quite welcome ... nice to know us "old/lame types" have some purpose :rotfl2:

http://bcswebco.com/vmk/billy-sig-opt.jpg

kaitykatz7
08-12-2005, 11:10 AM
error the pic isn't there oh and i would be glad to make a lobby if needed :rolleyes: :rolleyes: that is if you need me

Funnygirl on VMK

mousepartygrl
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I have my coffin teleporters... can I still place one in the lobby? I love this idea! See you around :goodvibes

JeanJoe
08-18-2005, 04:55 AM
There are 4 lobbies, and still a huge amount of room to place coffins. The hard part is just finding the right person to give a coffin to:

- Bezoar
- MissBelle
- Disalex
- Astryd

I have my coffin teleporters... can I still place one in the lobby? I love this idea! See you around :goodvibes

glo
08-18-2005, 10:17 PM
when I save up enough...just started I would like to participate.

Taryn
08-19-2005, 06:32 AM
glo!

Welcome to VMK! I haven't talked to you in ages! Come and find me and I have an extra set of teleporters for you okay?

Can't wait to see a VMK version of glo :)

surferrat
08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
You can add surferrat and coolswimgirl...I think they are next in line...

Apeman
08-21-2005, 05:13 PM
hi i have a really nice room and i dont have enough money to buy a teleporter maybe we can meet in the game i am Apeman and we can sometime talk in vmk ::MickeyMo

Apeman
08-21-2005, 07:20 PM
You can add surferrat and coolswimgirl...I think they are next in line...
i have gone to pop hotel and it is sooooooooooo cool it is magicle :wizard:

TinkerBelle2992
08-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Ok, I want my room linked. But I don't have enough for teleporters. :(

mousepartygrl
08-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Thank you to all the dis'ers that pointed me in the direction of Astryd! I finally placed my teleporter. Thank you Astryd :banana:

Kaycee
08-24-2005, 09:45 AM
I got my teleporter last night and gave it to Astryd who placed it for me (thank you, Astryd!). I tested it last night to make sure it worked, and I teleported from my room to Astryd's lobby with no problem. But this morning I can't get out of my room in the teleporter. I go in when I double-click it, it makes the noise like I'm going to transport, then I just walk back out again. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

ETA: Never mind. Astryd helped me figure out what was going on. Geesh, it's rough being a newbie sometimes! :rolleyes:

TToryk
08-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi I am poor in my game :confused3 i need a donated teleporter so i can join the network.
Rooms i could be in:
Small Stuff Trading
Closed
Falling Chairs - Open!!

DarkSideMoon
08-26-2005, 09:36 PM
ok i have a room that can be used if you want it, its a skull rock rooom. (no.... i havent been using the kellogs game to get rich.... :rolleyes: )

pppauly
08-27-2005, 11:57 AM
never mind

pppauly
08-27-2005, 12:00 PM
maybe i am being dumb but how do i initially get to the rooms (either the central lobby or the teleporter room) in order to find someone to trade my coffin with????

Arielfn93
08-27-2005, 12:03 PM
I have my teleporter, now where is the people who own the roomS?

Saxsoon
08-27-2005, 06:45 PM
i am poor in the game. if you see me i am t-birdpride or something like that wearing a blue shirt and blonde spiky hair. Thanks

You know what a little like surferat

CaptinJackSparrow
08-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I am new to Dis i have a few rooms in the game one of wich is a teleportation room you are welcome to add teleports to this room to expand the network if you would like.

My name in the kingdom is Shamrock

nmudisneyfan
08-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I've finally got my room looking the way I want it. It took me forever!
I bought the teleporter, so I am ready to give the one I need to away to put it into the network.

JeanJoe
08-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Hello, thanks for the offer!

WebmasterAlex and I think that for now, we'd prefer to max out the current 4 lobbies before adding more rooms, to maintain as compact and efficient a network as possible.

Currently, there is still a decent amount of room left in MissBelle's and disalex's rooms, and some room in mine (Bezoar) and Astryd's.

To even things out on the way to maximizing the use of the current 4 rooms, I think that even if coffins are given to Astryd or me, we should probably then pass them on to MissBelle to fill her room up some more.

When the time comes when all 4 lobbies are closer to being filled, we can decide how to expand from there.

Thanks again to you and everyone else who has offered to help out with the teleporter lobbies,

I am new to Dis i have a few rooms in the game one of wich is a teleportation room you are welcome to add teleports to this room to expand the network if you would like.

My name in the kingdom is Shamrock

JeanJoe
08-29-2005, 12:48 AM
FYI, here's the current count of teleporters in lobbies:

Maleficent lobby (Bezoar): 30
Yeti lobby (Astryd): 35
Ned lobby (MissBelle): 25
Blackheart lobby (Disalex): 27

Total: 117 teleporters

We initially started with Maleficent Evil Fortress as the room type, because at the time, it was the largest available room. I believe that these days, the easily available Skull Rock room can hold significantly more coffins.

Over the history of the Dis teleporter network, there have been many people who have volunteered rooms for use as lobbies -- thanks very much! With the current lobbies, I think we could easily accomodate at least 25-30 more teleporters. Still, I can see needing to expand in the moderately near future.

We'll have to decide how to go about it. Some thoughts:

- change the Central lobby (holding the teacup teleporters to each of the lobbies) from a Nemo room to a Skull Rock room, to allow more space for more teacups

- possibly add a link to a featured room or rooms, especially if there is ever a Dis "room contest". How to choose a room to "feature" without offending other people will be a challenge. Should featured rooms be rotated? Or should they be permanent?

- how to choose who owns the new lobbies that will eventually be added? Many have volunteered, and I don't want to snub anyone who volunteered a long time ago. Some criteria:

- on VMK frequently
- large DIS friend list
- a different "sphere" of DIS contacts than the current lobby owners
- not new to either VMK or to the DIS (too many people have "gone away", never to be seen again)

It all boils down to a commitment to being available, and being as unlikely as possible to move on and disappear from the VMK / DIS.

I could see perhaps adding 2 new lobbies, and (this part will probably annoy people who don't want their coffins moved around), starting off by redistributing exisiting coffins to new lobby owners, so that each lobby would have ~20 coffins.

If we didn't do that, then anyone trying to link into the network would have to find one of the "new" lobby owners, whereas if we redistributed, they could find any of the ~6 or so owners.

Comments?

TToryk
08-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I need a lobby owner to meet me at my room, Small Stuff Trading, so I can give you my teleporter. Do it today at 11:30.

JeanJoe
08-29-2005, 09:52 AM
I can probably be on 11:30 EST. Will update post with location and instance.

TToryk
08-29-2005, 10:25 AM
I can probably be on 11:30 EST. Will update post with location and instance.

Okay, here goes:
Adventureland Bazaar, South East South instance, BUT HOLD OFF UNTIL 12:30 PLEASE!!

Ok, thanks JeanJoe for your help. The teleporter works just fine!

TToryk
08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
To whoever it concerns: I have a new room for the Teleporter Network if you need it.

CaptinJackSparrow
08-29-2005, 04:02 PM
ok jean sounds good. i will still keep the room i curently have set up as a lobby with the tea cup teleports and the name. as far as the few coffins that i currently have in the room ( that go to Dis member rooms)do you want me to keep them in there or would you like me to trade them to you or missbelle or sumthing? if so i have to find one of yas somewhere in the kingdom, maybe you could suggest a place to meet?

CaptinJackSparrow
08-29-2005, 04:03 PM
ok jean sounds good. i will still keep the room i curently have set up as a lobby with the tea cup teleports and the name. as far as the few coffins that i currently have in the room ( that go to Dis member rooms)do you want me to keep them in there or would you like me to trade them to you or missbelle or sumthing? if so i have to find one of yas somewhere in the kingdom, maybe you could suggest a place to meet?

KathiWithAnI
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
I would like to meet up with someone and have a teleport link to you guys!!
I am on now and will be for awhile
Kathi

JeanJoe
08-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Disalex and I are in Central plaza South-East-South instance. Use the "advanced" option in the globe window to choose which instance of Central Plaza to go to.

I would like to meet up with someone and have a teleport link to you guys!!
I am on now and will be for awhile
Kathi

KathiWithAnI
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
shoot, sorry I missed your post! We can try again ::yes::

AZCat
08-29-2005, 11:17 PM
First of all, thank you for continuing to coordinate the network. I usually try to visit several new rooms each time that I am on. While I don't usually find anyone in their room, I like to see how they are furnished/decorated. The last time I did it, Astryd was adding crates and teleporters to the Yeti lobby. Probably thought it was pretty strange that I was bouncing back and forth between the lobby and other rooms. Now for the comments - I think there should be a featured room rotation - monthly. I liked the idea of having people post pictures of their rooms and then having a Dis vote to select the winner (this was mentioned in another thread). Rather than having just one featured room - what if each lobby had one? The featured room(s) would be accessed by a teleporter other than the teacup or coffin so that everyone would know that it was a featured room. Also, after adding 2 more lobbies, I think the existing coffins should be rebalanced across the 6 rooms. The central lobbies should be converted to Skull Rocks to accomodate more teacups.

JeanJoe
08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I had these exact same thoughts, a while ago!

Regarding featured rooms -- although I also initially thought it would be nice to have a "featured room link" off of each and every lobby, I thought it would be more of a pain to coordinate with each of the lobby owners. Also, after the rotation, the cool rooms would get lost :(

Rather, I thought maybe a special "Lobby to Featured Rooms" could be added. So, the boat teleporter in the Central Lobby -- instead of having it link to a room, it could link to a new "Dis Featured Room Lobby". The that lobby would have permanent links to rooms that had been selected by DIS folks. LOL, sort of like a "Best of" series of rooms that could continuously be added to.

(..snip..) I think there should be a featured room rotation - monthly. I liked the idea of having people post pictures of their rooms and then having a Dis vote to select the winner (this was mentioned in another thread). Rather than having just one featured room - what if each lobby had one? The featured room(s) would be accessed by a teleporter other than the teacup or coffin so that everyone would know that it was a featured room. Also, after adding 2 more lobbies, I think the existing coffins should be rebalanced across the 6 rooms. The central lobbies should be converted to Skull Rocks to accomodate more teacups.

iluvcountry
08-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Ooh, sign me up! LOL. My friend told me about it in VMK and I love the Dis Club Room! LOL. Got the teleporters. Somebody want to trade? :)

pppauly
08-31-2005, 09:48 AM
i am tomorrowtom in vmk unable to find the room owners to trade (is it still only missbelle and bezoar?) where do i look?? i mean where???

pppauly
09-05-2005, 09:21 AM
how is anyone supposed to get into your pointless elitist gang

Kelsie
09-11-2005, 11:29 AM

Maybe by being a bit more friendly about it? ;)

JeanJoe
09-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Wow, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed. Hope you feel better.

Astryd
09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed. Hope you feel better.

lol Joe

pppauly
09-12-2005, 06:15 AM
lol sorry but i cannot really hang about hoping someone is going to be there ive got bigger fish to fry you'll be sorry you didnt get me in as i am great.

marcm
09-13-2005, 11:39 AM
can u get me in my vmk name is marcm

ScroogesNephew
09-19-2005, 08:22 AM
. . . was by knowing somebody.

Captain Brain
09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Most of you probably dont know who in the world I am so:

I am CL_CaptainBrain in vmk!I am on the fan site.Im a new diser who needs to join the lobby.I wonder if CL_Bezoar knows my friend Shiregirl?I think she said she knew you...Just my off topic randomness for today.

JeanJoe
09-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the Dis, Captain Brain!

Of course I know Shiregirl (was one of the very first people I met during early Beta), and I do believe I've run into you as well, Captain Brain. As she would say, Wheeee! ;)

Would be happy to help you get hooked in; as always, the difficult part is meeting up with somebody who has me or another lobby owner on their friend's list (Shiregirl is, though).

Most of you probably dont know who in the world I am so:

I am CL_CaptainBrain in vmk!I am on the fan site.Im a new diser who needs to join the lobby.I wonder if CL_Bezoar knows my friend Shiregirl?I think she said she knew you...Just my off topic randomness for today.

Captain Brain
09-24-2005, 08:01 AM

Someybody
10-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I have A GIANT question. Why are all these big teleporter networks named after these GIANT discussion boards? For example Dis Teleporter Network (of course) And VMK Fan Site Teleporter Network.I know my friend in VMK and in Dis is in a Dis lobby,and my other friend is in the VMK FAn Site lobby,and both look alike with every room.I mean, it's like people are coping people! :earseek:

JeanJoe
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
There's nothing terribly original about setting up teleporter networks -- it comes pretty naturally with inter-room teleporters and groups of people.

The Intercot people set one up on their own. I posted ideas about setting board teleporter networks both here and the VMK fan site, but it only initially caught on here at the Dis. Later on, CL_Tinkerblue was the driving force behind starting up the one at the VMK fan site, with help from CL_MrGenie.

I wouldn't call it copying -- it's kind of like in US patent law; can't patent something unless its non-trivial. A teleporter network is kind of trivial.

Structurally, the networks are sort of different. The Intercot network is a Swiss cheese of mini-networks linked together; the Dis network is tightly centralized to minimize the number of lobbies; and the VMK Fan Site network is centralized, but spread out for maximum expandability. None of the networks, I think, actually get much use, LOL.

I did sort of hope, at one point, that the large networks would eventually be linked as well (a Network of Networks), and dedicated a room in the Dis network to link networks. So far, only the VMK fan site network, and a small one of CL_Becky's, are included in that hub of hubs.

I have A GIANT question. Why are all these big teleporter networks named after these GIANT discussion boards? For example Dis Teleporter Network (of course) And VMK Fan Site Teleporter Network.I know my friend in VMK and in Dis is in a Dis lobby,and my other friend is in the VMK FAn Site lobby,and both look alike with every room.I mean, it's like people are coping people! :earseek:

Captain Brain
10-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Im having a difficult time joining the teleporter lobby.I think all the disers run away from me!I can never find Joe or Astryd or MissBelle or disalex.

Are any of you on these friend lists?

Purple Duck
BubbasFriend
Friendly-Face
SurfCruiser

I cant find you people in vmk!I have only found about 5 disers who seem to know me on here.Now that we can barely say names on vmk it will get a lot harder.Could someone pm me when you guys are on?

Thanks,
Captain :)

JeanJoe
10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Sorry about the hassle, Brain. I'm on BubbasFriend's list, and I think (but can't remember) maybe on some of the others too.

Disalex and MissBelle don't seem to have been on much lately? Astryd is on less nowadays too. Come to think of it, I've been on less too.

Will try to keep an eye out for you.

Im having a difficult time joining the teleporter lobby.I think all the disers run away from me!I can never find Joe or Astryd or MissBelle or disalex.

Purple Duck
BubbasFriend
Friendly-Face
SurfCruiser

I cant find you people in vmk!I have only found about 5 disers who seem to know me on here.Now that we can barely say names on vmk it will get a lot harder.Could someone pm me when you guys are on?

Thanks,

kitashus
10-10-2005, 07:31 PM

Could someone pm me when you guys are on?

Thanks,

I am in the same boat. :boat: I have been watching out for you guys and have never come across you. I would like to get set up. Could you PM me as well? My kids are set up in the Dis Kids Network...now it's my turn. :wave2:

Thanks!

Captain Brain
10-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Sorry about the hassle, Brain. I'm on BubbasFriend's list, and I think (but can't remember) maybe on some of the others too.

Disalex and MissBelle don't seem to have been on much lately? Astryd is on less nowadays too. Come to think of it, I've been on less too.

Will try to keep an eye out for you.
Thanks Joe:)Now if only vmk would work...

LuvN~Travel
10-10-2005, 07:34 PM

Purple Duck
BubbasFriend
Friendly-Face
SurfCruiser

Thanks,

I am on BubbasFriend's list. If I ever get back on I need to give her something too.:)
If I run across her tonight (if we ever get back on for the umpteenth time) I'll let you know here.
Kim

JeanJoe
10-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm hope to be on a lot tonight and can take teleporters to place.

Let me know :)

Captain Brain
10-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I would be ever so happy to anounce...

I am the newest member of the dis network!!!I am in the Maleficent lobby.I am so happy!Thanks Jean Joe!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce:

JeanJoe
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
If anyone has spare crates (just plain gray ones), I could use some for the current Maleficent lobby, as well as for a new lobby.

The Maleficent lobby, in the end, will have ~50 coffin teleporters, using maybe ~150 to ~175 crates. This lobby currently could use another ~20 crates to finish filling to capacity (currently at ~40 coffins).

The new lobby won't initially need ANY crates, but as it fills to capacity, it will also eventually use ~150-175 crates.

Of course, the new DIS Kids Network, I think, is also in need of crates, so if you catch CL_TigressJewel or PurpleDuck first, please help them out.

Thanks in advance! (And thanks to ShocoMousse for providing some crates already.)

daviedude
10-14-2005, 08:34 PM
now i am connected to the teleporter network yay come explorer my three rooms and see what you find

Carrieberry
10-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Next time I see you JeanJoe I will give you a few crates if still needed.

Carrie (aka berrygirl on VMK)

JeanJoe
10-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Actually, I ended up feeling bad about asking, so I had a nice friend (who has 4 legs, a tail, nice fur, and sadly, will never again see the light of day) get me some crates.

Thanks for offering! And, glad you got your name, finally!

Next time I see you JeanJoe I will give you a few crates if still needed.

Carrie (aka berrygirl on VMK)

joece
10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I will surely donate items and rooms to this.

Also how can I get my room in the network?

Saxsoon
10-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I have some teleporters if i can meet up with one of you guys that run the room that would be great. post on here where to meet

Carrieberry
10-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Actually, I ended up feeling bad about asking, so I had a nice friend (who has 4 legs, a tail, nice fur, and sadly, will never again see the light of day) get me some crates.

Thanks for offering! And, glad you got your name, finally!

I am scared to even ask!! LOL! Just let me know if you need anything else! see you on VMK!

JeanJoe
10-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Saxsoon, joece --

In the last few days, the only teleporter lobby owners who have been on, and not even all that much, have been me (Bezoar) and Pumpkinfish (MissBelle), so it's been a little difficult to hook up.

My playing time is decreasing a bit, but I'll try to keep an eye out and/or post when I'm on. Also, ask other DIS'ers on your friends list to see if we happen to be on when you are.

Good luck, sorry it's such a pain.

JeanJoe
10-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Here's an idea:

It's very difficult for a new DIS member to actually find a teleport lobby owner, because they are almost certainly not on a lobby owner's friends list yet. But it's generally not TOO hard to meet a DIS VMK'er who *does* have a lobby owner as a friend.

I was wondering what people thought about having DIS members who DID have lobby owners on their friends list, post their VMK names and volunteering to take a coffin from the new members, and then holding on to them to pass to a lobby owner when they're on?

Ideally, these coffin holders would:

- have as many of the lobby owners on their friends list as possible
- be online often enough that it would help the pass-off
- be trustworthy enough to not risk people giving them coffins, never to be seen again

This would greatly facilitate getting coffins placed in the lobbies. Thanks!

(Worked great when BubbasFriend and somebody else who for the life of me I can't remember right now, held their friend's coffins and gave them to me when they found me.)

Carrieberry
10-16-2005, 10:00 AM
I think that is a great idea. I would volunteer to do that. I am on a few times during the day and usually for awhle in the evenings. If anyone would like me to hold on to a coffin for them and pass it on, Just let me know!

disneymiss
10-17-2005, 03:33 PM
okay, I have the coffin but can't find anyone that I need too, so they can put it in the lobby, can anyone help

look for guest979941 or if they approve it awesomemaggiegirl

thanks so much, have multi rooms that are connected now just need the portal to be open all the time, everyone is welcome.....

the rooms are:

under water ballroom
western ghost town ho down
tiki ocean view levels of fun ,need to change name LOL
red fortress cafe

have two others but not sure I will connect them

princess trading room and my golden cave - both are for trading and I have seen many fights going on in those rooms lately, not nice talk and would rather be there to make sure all is okay....plus I am looking for outfit myself LOL

thanks

disneymiss
10-17-2005, 03:35 PM
okay, I have the coffin but can't find anyone that I need too, so they can put it in the lobby, can anyone help

look for guest979941 or if they approve it awesomemaggiegirl

thanks so much, have multi rooms that are connected now just need the portal to be open all the time, everyone is welcome.....

the rooms are:

under water ballroom
western ghost town ho down
tiki ocean view levels of fun ,need to change name LOL
red fortress cafe

have two others but not sure I will connect them

princess trading room and my golden cave - both are for trading and I have seen many fights going on in those rooms lately, not nice talk and would rather be there to make sure all is okay....plus I am looking for outfit myself LOL

thanks

gugusabido
10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Im Gugusabido at VMK!! :)

gugusabido
10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
:earsboy: ::MinnieMo :banana: :earseek: :earseek: :Pinkbounc :guilty: :rolleyes: :cheer2: :love: :goodvibes :paw: :flower: ;) :earsboy: :dog: I speak Portuguese LOL
** AMIGOS COMO VAI?TUDO BEM? :sunny: :cool1:

Captain Brain
10-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Today as I was going through the lobbies I saw a NEW lobby!The Esmerelda lobby.If we ever start moving coffins,I would like to be in that one if possible.

CaptinJackSparrow
10-17-2005, 10:41 PM
one of the coffin teleporters in the Shrunken ned lobby is turned so that you can't access it, just thought i'd give you the heads up.

JeanJoe
10-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Thanks! I had noticed that too, but keep forgetting to tell MissBelle. Doesn't NikkiBell hang around with her? Please forward the message!

one of the coffin teleporters in the Shrunken ned lobby is turned so that you can't access it, just thought i'd give you the heads up.

gugusabido
10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
im needing teleportation and Inferno,JeanJoe,u have 1 Of these at VMK?

gugusabido
10-18-2005, 08:37 AM
My Inferno offer is:
Shrunken Ned Shirt(Gray)
Cowboy hat
Gold Penny Press
Gold Turnstile
Gold Random Number Generator
2 FantasyLand Castle Pins(FLCP)

Thanks for who accept this offer!U can send me a message and go search Gugusabido later my reply and enter in room i stay ok?

ekmdisney
10-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Good luck in your search. But this is not the thread for that. Their is a thread dealing with people who are wanting to trade. Look under the VMK section to find it.

cat_herder
10-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey, I have a transporter I want to put in the Network. Who do I see about it?

Sora Necross
10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I was nedding today and got enough for a teleporter, so I was wondering if one of you could add hook one up in the Dis lobby for me. My name on VMK is coolkingsora and I am friends with surferrat so you can ask when I'm on. ( I'm on now )

urakan
10-23-2005, 12:39 PM
A bunch of us have put together a teleporter network to link our personal rooms together, and to provide a Dis Common Room to hang out in. All are welcome to join!

How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network

1) buy a coffin teleporter from the Golden Horseshoe Mercantile
2) place ONE of the pair of teleporters in your own room
3) trade the OTHER teleporter to the OWNER of a Lobby Room.

Currently:
- JeanJoe aka Bezoar
- Pumpkinfish aka MissBelle
- WebmasterAlex aka disalex
- Astryd (as herself)

Easiest way to find one of these people: get some DIS members on your friend's list, and ask them regularly whether any of the above 4 people are on. Remember, we do not hang out on VMK all day long just hoping that someone will want a teleporter placed -- it might be a while before you actually find one of us!

4) the Lobby Room owner will place the OTHER teleporter that you traded
5) if you want your teleporter back, just ask

IMPORTANT: only get the coffin teleporters (at the Golden Horseshoe Mercantile), because they take up less space

How to get to the Dis Common Room
- use the coffin teleporter in your room to transport to one of the Dis Teleporter Lobbies (there are currently four)
- then use the teacup teleporter to get to the Central Lobby (the hub)
- then use the Boat teleporter to reach the Dis Common Room (currently donated by Taryn aka DoomCookie)

===== DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE BORED =====

OK, now for the painful details of how it all works, from my original thoughts:
Shared room / teleportation room network

Goal: as much as possible, to share a common room, even when that room's owner is not logged in

Method:

- one lobby room, which has a teleporter linking to a teleporter in the common room

- multiple players who each have 1 teleporter in their own room and 1 teleporter in the lobby room

- what this allows: even when the lobby room owner and/or common room owner are NOT logged in, someone who has a teleporter in their own room can get to the lobby, and then get to the common room

- when we want to change the common room, we can just move the single teleporter in the common room into a new common room; the rest of the network stays intact

Style:

- to cram as many personal room teleporters in the lobby room as possible, people should purchase coffin teleporters because they take up less space, and because then it will be clear that coffins transport to personal rooms and not to common rooms

- the lobby room teleporter into the common room is currently a tea cup, so it will stand out

- if we need more common rooms in the future, we could use the other non-coffin teleporters to link to additional common rooms

- if we need more lobby space for more personal teleporters, we could create more lobby rooms, and then link together the lobby rooms. Perhaps each lobby room could link to a different common room.

Caveats:

- if you provide a teleportation link from your room to the lobby, people will be able to backtrack into your room. If you don't want people to wander around in your room, rope off around the teleporter

- if you rope off the "normal" entrance to the COMMON room (not around the teleportation tea cup), and no one is in the lobby, it will be tedious to let people who don't have a personal lobby teleportation portal into the common room, because when they "go to" you, they will end up behind the ropes

- perhaps the common room should not be roped off, but that means lots of random people will drop in; this could be set depending on the common room owner's preference?

i just loind to day ( not on vmk) so i am new can you help me i can give you a room for it ( i am growded so i give it to you on w :hourglass )

urakan
10-23-2005, 12:40 PM
is eny 1 there ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

urakan
10-23-2005, 12:43 PM
hello :confused3

cat_herder
10-26-2005, 02:27 AM
I've spent the last few days searching for someone in the game to give my transporter to, I've searched by room name and by room owners name. Once I got 1 room listed but the owner wasn't in it.

Could some of the network room owners post the times they will be in the game or in their room for me to find them?

Thanks, I wanted to get in before halloween.

JeanJoe
10-26-2005, 05:57 AM
cat_herder, urakan (I think, not sure), disneymiss, Saxsoon, joece -

I *think* this is the list of people who have requested to get linked into the teleporter network. Some might have already been linked; others may no longer be interested.

Since I'm not on as much any more, here's another idea: even if I'm *not* on VMK, but at least close to a computer where I can log on, I'll PM all of you that I'm available, and then PM again when I'm gone. This will probably be in the evenings Eastern time.

Also, I have a night shift on Friday night, so if work is not too bad, I'll try to be available then.

MiakodaWDW
10-28-2005, 04:20 AM
Can I join? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: and if so, does it have to be a coffin teleporter? I have so many of them linking all my rooms I lose track. If it has to be one for sake of space or something, that's cool, I can get a coffin.

:flower: Mia :flower:

JeanJoe
10-28-2005, 05:38 AM
Of course!

But, yes, coffins only please. When you see the DIS lobbies (like the Maleficent lobby), you'll understand why. We have almost 45 coffins in there now; if we used any other type, it would have filled at about 15 or so, tops.

Can I join? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: and if so, does it have to be a coffin teleporter? I have so many of them linking all my rooms I lose track. If it has to be one for sake of space or something, that's cool, I can get a coffin.

:flower: Mia :flower:

gugusabido
10-28-2005, 07:16 AM
JeanJoe,have many ppl going to the DIS Teleporter lobby?i want many many Many ppl to come to my room!!

cat_herder
10-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi,

I'm still looking to drop off my transporter.
In the game tonight and probably will be the rest of the night
Friday 28.

pumpkinfish
10-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I'm still looking to drop off my transporter.
In the game tonight and probably will be the rest of the night
Friday 28.

I am in the game tonight!
I will stay in my room Haunted Dis Room until 11:15 or so :)

Look forward to meeting you :)

cat_herder
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks to CL_Bezoar for putting my transporter in the Maleicent Lobby.

Be sure to go on through the jungle boat transporter in my main room to the second room and see my Waterfall. I have a Halloween Party Room as well, you can get to by following the trasporters from the main room.

cat_herder
10-29-2005, 01:42 AM
I am in the game tonight!
I will stay in my room Haunted Dis Room until 11:15 or so :)

Look forward to meeting you :)

Thanks for the offer pumpkinfish, but bezoar got me first.

JungleCruiseSkipper
11-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I'd like to join in...if anyone is online, I'm in my room known as Trevelyan's Hang Out Spot

EDIT: I already have the coffin..

JeanJoe
11-02-2005, 04:06 AM
I'd like to apologize in advance, to everyone trying to have coffins placed. For work reasons, I'll be very, very scarce for the entire month of November. I can try to be available on weekends for a little bit, but honestly, I expect to be very difficult to reach.

Of the other teleporter lobby people, I believe MissBelle (VMK) / pumpkinfish (DIS) might be people's best bet. Perhaps you could try to PM her?

Sorry again.

I'd like to join in...if anyone is online, I'm in my room known as Trevelyan's Hang Out Spot

EDIT: I already have the coffin..