05-25-2005, 07:21 PM
do we have the pleasure of buying a mig at sasatoga speings thanks

Blicker
05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Srue wyh not?

DVCconvert
05-25-2005, 09:30 PM
hanname

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation Please?

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 08:49 AM
What's a "mig"? or "hanname"?

JerJan
05-26-2005, 09:24 AM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I want one too..................

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 09:30 AM
I'm sure the OP has a legitimate question, but the hands must have been in the wrong position on the keyboard. Please help us understand the question.

shelleyz
05-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Maybe they want to know if they can buy a mug at SSR. I would assume so but I haven't been "home" yet so I don't know.

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Yep, I'll bet that's it. "mig"-"mug" I never thought of that because we don't drink soda, so I have no idea! Still trying to figure out hanname.

JerJan
05-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Just kidding....jeeze...I did not mean to offend anyone. It was meant in fun. :flower:

btrim
05-26-2005, 11:31 AM
You can buy the "migs" or mugs at the general store at Saratoga Spring. Just go to Artist's Pallette and the store is connected. You can refill them at the pool or inside at the small eating area.

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Just kidding....jeeze...I did not mean to offend anyone. It was meant in fun. :flower:
No offense taken here! I thought it was funny too!

Par8hed
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Srue wyh not?

Yhea! Wyh teh hlel not?

CarolMN
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
As one who has to correct typos on almost every post she makes, I can relate! I'm sure the OP is asking about mugs at SSR - on the keyboard, the "u" is right next to the "i" and the "e" is right next to the "r".

Best wishes -

P.S. :teeth: ;) Posters who use numbers to "spell" their names should be careful who they make fun of - lest the tables be turned! ;) :teeth:

Maistre Gracey
05-26-2005, 01:46 PM
I think the OP wants to know if SSR is selling Russian fighter jets. :teeth:

MG

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I think the OP wants to know if SSR is selling Russian fighter jets. :teeth:

MG
LOL! That was the only thing I could think of! Mug didn't even cross my mind! I think the thread title had me so off course!

wtpclc
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
NO offense to the OP, as I'm the worst typist in the world and have beeged for spellcheck on these boards many times, but I'm dying to know what "hanname" was supposed to be. Yes, I should really get a life.

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
NO offense to the OP, as I'm the worst typist in the world and have beeged for spellcheck on these boards many times, but I'm dying to know what "hanname" was supposed to be. Yes, I should really get a life.
Glad I'm not the only one perplexed by that! I have been trying to get that answer all day!

athenna
05-26-2005, 02:09 PM

You aren't the only one that needs a life then, I'm sitting here wondering what it is, too!

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
LOL, we ARE three pathetic people, aren't we?! :rotfl2:

Rash
05-26-2005, 02:33 PM
As one who has to correct typos on almost every post she makes, I can relate! I'm sure the OP is asking about mugs at SSR - on the keyboard, the "u" is right next to the "i" and the "e" is right next to the "r".

That still doesn't explain "hanname". :confused3

athenna
05-26-2005, 02:40 PM
LOL, we ARE three pathetic people, aren't we?! :rotfl2:

Yes, yes we are! :rotfl2:

wtpclc
05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
That still doesn't explain "hanname". :confused3

Oh look! Speaking of people without a life... Looks like we're up to 4!

No Rash, that doesn't explain it. That's why we're still here.

disneyeveryyear
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Make it 5 people with no life.

I keep looking at the keyboard and trying to figure out what it could be.

JeanJoe
05-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Make it 5 people with no life.

I keep looking at the keyboard and trying to figure out what it could be.
May I join you? (Am I lifeless?)

It would make sense that hanname was supposed to be "Where", for:

"Where do we have the pleasure of buying a mug at saratoga springs thanks"?

But there is just NO way that "where" maps anywhere near "hanname"... :(

And it doesn't seem to mean anything in any other language on Google searches... You could anagram it to "A Man Hen" or "Amen, nah", though that doesn't help much I guess.

wtpclc
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
May I join you? (Am I lifeless?)

It would make sense that hanname was supposed to be "Where", for:

"Where do we have the pleasure of buying a mug at saratoga springs thanks"?

But there is just NO way that "where" maps anywhere near "hanname"... :(

And it doesn't seem to mean anything in any other language on Google searches... You could anagram it to "A Man Hen" or "Amen, nah", though that doesn't help much I guess.

And I thought I was bad for staring at the keyboard and repositioning my hands. You most certainly can join us! :rotfl:

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Could it be "help me"? At least the first and last two letters would be right, even if there IS an extra letter! :teeth:

Laurabearz
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I too have been thinking about this..... MUG... is prolly right... and I keep thinking harambrea (the village in AK) but then again that has nothing to do with SSR

hanname
emannah

I also did a search for other posts by the OP and they are all well written...

Maybe she/he had a baby on their lap or a cat walking on the key baord....

JeanJoe
05-26-2005, 04:18 PM
What will be really funny is when the OP comes back and posts "OMG, I'm so-ooooo hung over right now... I passed out on the computer while DIS-ing..."

wtpclc
05-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Having a hard time believing she passed out last night at 7:30 and hasn't awakened yet. I'd go for the child on the lap thing or maybe she stepped away for a minute, child played with keyboard and she erassed text area, but not header. Still driving me nuts, though. Back to the lack of a life statement.

Rash
05-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Okay, I'll go one pathetic step further... How would you pronounce hanname? Is is HAN-name, or ha-NA-me, or HAN-na-me, or HA-na-may?

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
How about Han-a-ME?

ClarabelleCow
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Okay, I'll go one pathetic step further... How would you pronounce hanname? Is is HAN-name, or ha-NA-me, or HAN-na-me, or HA-na-may?

her I was thinking maybe Hanna from Maine? hanname? But then I realized this wasnt the screen name, just the title, so I too am clueless!

wtpclc
05-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Well, if i were ahorse, it's be ha-nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyme.

Hanna me seems good for the rest of us.

Maistre Gracey
05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm trying to figure out why I keep checking this thread. :confused:

MG

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Lol, MG! Because like the rest of us, you too are hoping the OP will come shed some light on this! :teeth:

Rash
05-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, if i were ahorse, it's be ha-nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyme.

Hanna me seems good for the rest of us.
:rotfl:

athenna
05-26-2005, 05:48 PM
What will be really funny is when the OP comes back and posts "OMG, I'm so-ooooo hung over right now... I passed out on the computer while DIS-ing..."
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ColoradoBelle1
05-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Count me in as not having a life..What are we up to now?

I too thought he was trying to buy a Russian fighter jet. Maybe it was the uniform???

And I too thought it was Harumbe. (Great minds and all that?)

So, OP, come back and clear this up, kO? :rotfl:

Maistre Gracey
05-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Lol, MG! Because like the rest of us, you too are hoping the OP will come shed some light on this! :teeth:
I think that's a nice way of saying "MG, you also have no life"! :teeth:

MG

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 05:52 PM
I think that's a nice way of saying "MG, you also have no life"! :teeth:

MG
Well, you notice I don't either! ;)

princess mom
05-26-2005, 06:17 PM
count me in too....i've been following it all day as well!! :flower: Missy

Laurabearz
05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Anyone else fighting the urge to PM the OP????

::::Sigh:::: I have to leave for a golf lesson in a little bit and all while I hit the balls, I will be thinking.... hanname....

At least I am comrforted in knowing that I am with good company in my curisoity!

dianeschlicht
05-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Anyone else fighting the urge to PM the OP????

::::Sigh:::: I have to leave for a golf lesson in a little bit and all while I hit the balls, I will be thinking.... hanname....

At least I am comrforted in knowing that I am with good company in my curisoity!
LOL! I almost did that this morning! :teeth:

leise
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
:rotfl: LOL this thread had me rolling around

when I first read it I thought Hanname was another Diser's username, that the OP was addressing the question to...but I bet you've all already checked that....other than that no idea

Please come back OP so we can sleep.... :earseek:

cruise-o-matic
05-26-2005, 07:54 PM
If you've posted to this thread.....you might be a Lime Green Neck....

You Might Be a Lime Green Neck... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=804406) :crazy:

Cmadsen
05-26-2005, 10:36 PM
I hope all of you with no lives are very, very happy. Happy now that you've made me join you in the world of no lives...and on top of that with tears (of laughter) streaming down my face. My eyes are so pllurry dat i cin hrdly ser the leybroad.....

Now going to bed and will worry about the OP and what was really being said. Dreaming of Hanames dancing like sugarplums or apricots or something...zzzzzzzzzzz

Laurabearz
05-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I sure hope all this self ammusement doesnt offend the OP....

We really do want to help you out.... but the Lime Green Neck in us has taken over!

Please take this thread in the spirit that is behind the words.....

I wonder if hannames has anything to do with the TV series LOST...

Maistre Gracey
05-27-2005, 12:43 AM
Checking in at 12:41am Eastern time for an update. I guess there is no answer to the big question as of yet.... :teeth:

MG

LeftCoaster
05-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Having a hard time believing she passed out last night at 7:30 and hasn't awakened yet. I'd go for the child on the lap thing or maybe she stepped away for a minute, child played with keyboard and she erassed text area, but not header. Still driving me nuts, though. Back to the lack of a life statement.

she was drinking with Snow White and couldn't keep up.

DVC Daisy
05-27-2005, 02:02 AM
:rotfl2: First, I want to say that I think the DVCers are the nuts of the DIS!

Here is what I think. hanname is Help A Me. Maybe the OP is Italian?

Mom B
05-27-2005, 02:04 AM
On the "need to get a life" crowd. I am sitting here at 1 a.m. after cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and I just couldn't leave this thread alone...I've been strangely drawn to it all day long. This is ridiculous...but at least I'm in good company! :grouphug:

rinkwide
05-27-2005, 02:12 AM
Maybe spiceycat could translate for us.

dianeschlicht
05-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Okay, I have PMed the OP, so I hope she stops back in to clear up this mystery! I personally want to thank her for giving us a fun day yesterday!

Laurabearz
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Thanks Diane! Just woke up and had to pop on to see if the mystery was solved yet....

wtpclc
05-27-2005, 08:26 AM
I really do hope that the OP is taking this in the spirit of fun it's meant.

Thanks for taking hold of things with the PM Diane!

Yes, that Lime Green Neck disease has got us all!! :rotfl2:

kathleena
05-27-2005, 08:28 AM
OK, I don't check the board for 12 hours and I come back to this. Man, you guys really DO need a life!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And now I will be checking in all day long to see what comes up next! :earseek:

athenna
05-27-2005, 09:19 AM
she was drinking with Snow White and couldn't keep up.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I can't believe what dorks we are! :rotfl:
We really are lime green necks!

Laurabearz
05-27-2005, 10:03 AM
56 posts, over 1000 views....

This is one HOT thread!!! :wave2:

MdmMim
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
I confess, as I, too, have been checking this thread ever since I saw it. But I don't understand WHY! :scratchin I guess it's the lure of a good mystery...can't stay away! :teeth:

wtpclc
05-27-2005, 11:33 AM
:scratchin I guess it's the lure of a good mystery...can't stay away! :teeth:

But that sad part is, I don't know if you could call this "good" mystery. How pitiful we are.

Where'd the OP go????

TW1
05-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I have no good reason to reply, its just my dorky lime-green blood bubbling up. Oh, this is so pathetic. :badpc:

So, how many Dis-ers does it take to change a light bulb, (or find the OP)?
Or did we not even notice it went out cause the glow from our screens is the only light we are used to?

Well the sun is out for the first time in weeks...have a great weekend Dis-ers! :sunny:

MdmMim
05-27-2005, 12:03 PM
But that sad part is, I don't know if you could call this "good" mystery.

The fact that this has captured so much of our attention makes it a "good" mystery! ;)

Until later...
MdmMim :teeth:

Maistre Gracey
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Just can't let this thread dwindle until the mystery is solved... :bored:

MG

athenna
05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Just can't let this thread dwindle until the mystery is solved... :bored:

MG

That's for sure. This is getting curiouser and curiouser.

idratherbeinwdw
05-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Maybe the mystery of Hanname is tied in with the mysterious disappearance of Greenban and Dr Tomorrow.....

"As the DIS members disappeared one by one, strange posts in foreign tongues began to appear.....". :scared: :eek: :crazy2: :scared1:

mommystieg
05-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Alright--another Lime Green Neck checking in. I just couldn't figure out why a thread with such a bizarre title was up to 5 pages :earseek: You people crack me up :rotfl2: Now I will get back to searching for my life :crazy:

mrsR123
05-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Maybe the mystery of Hanname is tied in with the mysterious disappearance of Greenban and Dr Tomorrow.....

"As the DIS members disappeared one by one, strange posts in foreign tongues began to appear.....". :scared: :eek: :crazy2: :scared1:

Best response so far. Count me in the no-life crowd; school got out today and I've got the next two and a half months to wait this one out. :rotfl2:

LeftCoaster
05-27-2005, 05:11 PM

Well, something's got to keep up occupied while waiting for Desperate Housewives to come back in the fall.

-P.S. I'm hoping that Rex is faking his death. ;)

Laurabearz
05-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Diane.... did the OP read your PM yet??? SHe hasnt posted since this thread....

Sick that I looked it up.....

Rex.... faking it.... :rotfl2:

athenna
05-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Diane.... did the OP read your PM yet??? SHe hasnt posted since this thread....

Sick that I looked it up.....

Rex.... faking it.... :rotfl2:

Oh he's totally faking it!
I would too to get away from that crazy wife of his
Slightly OT, I know!

DVC Daisy
05-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I so hope Rex is faking it... :rotfl2: but who knows :confused3

So where is the OP? The hanname mystery is driving me crazy.... :rotfl:

leise
05-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh no! Serves me right for checking back on this thread...(honest I haven't been wondering all day)...but I get a Desperate Housewives spoiler :earseek: . We don't get to see the last episode in the UK til next Wednesday. So Rex dies does he?
Maybe the OP was trying to contact a spy in secret code

DVC Daisy
05-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Oh NO!

Rex does not die, we were joking, it is kind of an "inside" joke after you see the last episode! :rotfl:

(How did I do?)

mrsminniemouse
05-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I am in the UK too, waiting for the last episode of Desperate Housewives. I LOVE that show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But dont tell us anymore yet!!!!

LeftCoaster
05-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Ooops. Didn't think I'd throw us THAT far OT. But, since we've gone OT, here's my Desperate Housewives speculation. highlight to see.

When reading the the charts, Rex somehow figured that George was poisoning him. Something made him realize it was connected to the meds. So, Rex decides to fake his death. Remember, Rex dies off screen and this is a soap opera. Rex then makes Bree look guilty. Bree goes on trial and George, being "in love" with Bree either confesses or slips up. Afterall, George couldn't bear to lose Bree. Well, Rex finally shows back up. If this happened can you imagine how furious Bree would be with Rex? She truly loves him and this would totally break her heart. How could he let her suffer through that?

DVCconvert
05-27-2005, 07:45 PM
HEY!!!

I sent jpmom an EMAIL day before yesterday!!...no response. :(

Please let there be a message from "afar" clearing this whole mystery up!!!!!!

Inquiring Minds Want to KNOW!!!!!!
:earboy2:

wtpclc
05-27-2005, 07:53 PM
OP hasn't signed in since Wed, so she wouldn't have gotten pm. DOn't know about e-mail.

Idratherbe.. - I'm afraid that's it! :sad2:

dianeschlicht
05-27-2005, 11:31 PM
You know, I am wondering if maybe the plea was made because they were leaving for a trip right away. That might be why she did not get back here.

Cmadsen
05-27-2005, 11:52 PM
A friend was looking over my shoulder (as I was having no life at work and signed on at lunch time to see if the mystery was solved) and friend (who does typing services for the deaf as a part time job) suggested (seriously) that perhaps the OP was using voice recognition and hanname might be "how may we". Okay, maybe I'm a nut job but I notice all of you are reading this, now aren't you, hmmmmmmmmm?????

Laurabearz
05-28-2005, 12:30 AM
Diane... good theory but...

hanname

Shades of Green 2001
Port Orleans Riverside 2004

Going home to Saratoga Springs December 2005

Her siggy lists a trip in Dec 05... and not one now....

Cmadsen... voice recognition... interesting theroy.... but when looking at the OP other posts, I dont se a pattern.....

Lets hope all is well with her......

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I think I know what happened...

She posted her mug question on the Resort Board as well, and they lynched her... Poor OP, we shall never hear from her again.

Mike
05-28-2005, 08:54 AM

She posted her mug question on the Resort Board as well, and they lynched her... Poor OP, we shall never hear from her again.

LOL - She's serving 15-20 years in the DIS pen

OK - I finally posted to this thread so I am out of the closet - I have no life either - come on all of you other lurkers - fess up!!! I know you're out there :rotfl:

jekjones1558
05-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Would love to see the look on OP's face when she sees what her post generated...

Maistre Gracey
05-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Okay, had to do it.... I temporarily altered my "KUNGALOOSH!" signature....... :teeth:

MG

idratherbeinwdw
05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Talk about having no life! It's a beautiful day and here I am googling "hanname" to see what comes up. I did get one hit which directed me to another site with an alternate spelling "hanami". It's a springtime festival in Japan in which they celebrate the blooming of cherry blossoms.

Maybe the OP is Japanese and is wishing us a Happy Hanami? Here's a quote from the site:

"The cherry blossom (sakura) is Japan's unofficial national flower. It has been celebrated for many centuries and takes a very prominent position in Japanese culture.
There are many dozens of different cherry tree varieties in Japan, most of which bloom for just a couple of days in spring. The Japanese celebrate that time of the year with hanami (cherry blossom viewing) parties under the blooming trees. "

jiggerj
05-28-2005, 03:15 PM

OK - I finally posted to this thread so I am out of the closet - I have no life either - come on all of you other lurkers - fess up!!! I know you're out there :rotfl:

Ok...ok...Im fessing too. I have been following this as well I am ashamed to admit. :blush:

dianeschlicht
05-28-2005, 07:33 PM

Where did you find that? I looked for it and did a search, but didn't see that over there.

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Where did you find that? I looked for it and did a search, but didn't see that over there.
Oops, sorry! Reread my last post, and realized it was unclear that I was just joking.

Yes, like you, I also did a search of her past posts (and analyzed the spelling accuracy in them).

And, like Laurabearz, noticed that her sig announces a trip to SSR, but not until Dec 2005, so the theory that she is at SSR now doesn't seem right.

I propose that all of us here who have contributed to this most fascinating, glorious, amazing, bafflingly seductive thread, revel in our pride and/or shame by adding hanname to our sigs.

Yes, it is Saturday night, and I am contributing to the hanname thread.

JerJan
05-28-2005, 07:54 PM
I was post number five and came back to check out the "on-going mystery" I just wanna know " How the HANNAME are you all tonight? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Some of these posts are absolutely HILARIOUS and yes....I need to "GET A LIFE!!!!!" :crazy:

Mellie2162
05-28-2005, 08:09 PM
OK OK....geesh...I;m out of the closet of no life now...are you all happy? :earboy2:

Deep-Thots
05-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Yes, like you, I also did a search of her past posts (and analyzed the spelling accuracy in them).

I propose that all of us here who have contributed to this most fascinating, glorious, amazing, bafflingly seductive thread, revel in our pride and/or shame by adding hanname to our sigs.

I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards. And I don't mean embarrassment, I mean shame (which has an element of pain to it).

While the folks on the resorts boards may not always demonstrate a generosity of spirit, I kinda like to think that over here at the DVC boards, we do. Sure, we have fun, but not usually at other people's expense -- unless it's with their say so (a la Greenban).

I understand that with the sig change, you're really making fun of yourself and your obsession with this thread, but try to see it from the OP's possible point of view:

If I were the OP and I signed on to discover that people had analyzed my posts for spelling accuracy, flamed me for spelling inaccuracy, and made fun of me for same -- even going so far as to change their sigs to make it appear that they *might* be mocking me (even if they're not), well, I don't think I'd be posting here again.

JMO. YMMV.

Mellie2162
05-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Point well taken. Siggy changed. Sorry to OP. Was making fun of what a loser I am not her. :crazy:

Laurabearz
05-28-2005, 08:46 PM
It has been stated a couple of times that we are just bored and having fun, not at the OP's expense, but as a mear distraction from our otherwise dull lime green neck lives....

I for one, and I know I am not alone in this, truely want to answer the OP's question... we think we figured it out, migs... mugs....

Anyway... to the OP.... if any of this offends you, I am truely sorry....

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 09:10 PM
I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards.
Eck! Now I feel like a stalker.

Apologies if any offense taken by OP or any others -- I think for the most part, it's pretty clear we are mostly laughing at ourselves, but to be safe, I retract the sig suggestion. :)

Cmadsen
05-28-2005, 09:55 PM
I certainly mean no offense to the OP and should any be taken, I apologize. But I'm of the opinion that when the OP does come back on, she will realize what a silly bunch of dipsticks (in a good way, of course) we are and laugh her head off at our posts and silliness!

I'm not talkin' about myself here, but I think DVC'ers are great, helpful, passionate and compassionate folks. I have to confess that I have had more than one belly laugh through this foolishness and I have to thank all of you for making my day so much better! :wave2:

Maistre Gracey
05-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I do hope you realize that your obsession with this poster -- an obsession that has resulted in your (a) analyzing her past posts for spelling accuracy and (b) changing your sig to mimic a possible mistake of hers -- may very well cause her to feel shame when she finally returns to the boards. And I don't mean embarrassment, I mean shame (which has an element of pain to it).

While the folks on the resorts boards may not always demonstrate a generosity of spirit, I kinda like to think that over here at the DVC boards, we do. Sure, we have fun, but not usually at other people's expense -- unless it's with their say so (a la Greenban).

I understand that with the sig change, you're really making fun of yourself and your obsession with this thread, but try to see it from the OP's possible point of view:

If I were the OP and I signed on to discover that people had analyzed my posts for spelling accuracy, flamed me for spelling inaccuracy, and made fun of me for same -- even going so far as to change their sigs to make it appear that they *might* be mocking me (even if they're not), well, I don't think I'd be posting here again.

JMO. YMMV.
Well I for one know the spirit in which it was intended, and therefore have nothing to apologize for.

This is all in good fun, and I'm sorry if it offends anyone.
...Now that I think of it, I'm not sorry.
I think one of the most important things in life is a good sense of humor, and the ability to laugh at one's self.

I started the sig thing, and I'm keepin' it.... for now. ::yes::

MG

rinkwide
05-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Enough with the 'sensitivity' cr@p.

If you're clueless (or clever) enough to start a thread with a nonsense word then you get what you deserve.

castleri
05-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Have been following this since day one so guess I better fess up and get out of the lurking stage. Have had to do a lot of driving this past week also and it just keeps creeping into my mind trying to figure out what it could be.

Muushka
05-29-2005, 08:19 AM
OK. I will admit it too. I have followed this since day 1 also.

No more lurking!!

Pheeeww. I feel so much better now

By the way, it has been a hoot-and-a-half :rotfl2: .

DeDixie
05-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Personally, I would not be offended if I thread I started received this much attention, I would be excited. Anxiously awaiting wth the rest of you.

dcfromva
05-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Curiosity got the better of me and I finally read this thread... (When I saw the title, I thought Hanname might be a DVC exchange :teeth: )

Now, I wonder if it might have been someone other than the OP (someone in the OP's family?) who posed the question unbeknownst to the OP? :teeth:

-DC :earsboy:

SueOKW
05-29-2005, 09:20 AM
I confess - I've been reading this since day one... daydreaming of migs and russians at Saratoga and i am totally curious about hanname... i 'm going for the hannah in maine idea.

Anyway - i bet you can count this thread dead because as soon as i post on something i kill it!!!

idratherbeinwdw
05-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Personally, I would not be offended if I thread I started received this much attention, I would be excited. Anxiously awaiting wth the rest of you.

Same Here!

We've made it crystal clear in many ways that we are just having fun. :jester: The tone of the whole thread was friendly and silly, not at all nasty. I'm sure anyone who has read some of the other DIS boards has seen some real attacks (ie the tikiman fiasco), this was just goofing around. If anyone was offended I'd feel a little bit bad, but I'd also feel like they had no sense of humor. :sad:

Have a Hanname Day! :banana:

Mar'

Judique
05-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I confess - I've been reading this since day one... daydreaming of migs and russians at Saratoga and i am totally curious about hanname... i 'm going for the hannah in maine idea.

Anyway - i bet you can count this thread dead because as soon as i post on something i kill it!!!

Nope, you haven't managed to kill this one!
Hanname......I feel the word 'Anyone.....' could fit the bill and mig translates to mug, but now it doesn't even seem to matter any more as 'hanname' seems to have become a word on it's own merit.
Hanname, everyone!
:banana:

JeanJoe
05-29-2005, 10:03 AM
If the OP takes this in good humor, and if I were the Tag Fairy, I would certainly "award" the OP with a badge of honor. ;)

athenna
05-29-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't think any of us meant to offend the OP! If the OP ever comes out of hiding :rolleyes1 they won't believe how this thread is gone! I think it's a riot :rotfl: I am dying to know what it really means though!
Come out of hiding OP!
We don't bite (well most of us don't :rotfl: )

Have a great hanname Sunday everyone! :wave2:

Pinnie
05-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Another DVC Dis'er coming out of the lurking on this thread closet. This thread has made my weekend. How SAD is that?

pinnie

ColoradoBelle1
05-29-2005, 01:27 PM
JerJan, I just fell off my chair when I read:
Well, how the hanname?

And Maistre G, I doubt I will ever be able to KUNGALOOSH again..
HANNAME unite (or untie, as the case may be)

If English is OP second language, perhaps hanname means 'excuse me'. My concern isn't that OP will feel shame, but that OP is slowly and painfully trying to read through 9 pages of messages trying to figure out the answer to the question: can you get migs at SS? (Honey, after all that work, I sure as hanname hope so!

dgaston
05-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok, Ok I figure I better quit lurking too. This was the first thread I checked out after getting on the boards today. I hope the DIS pen is well airconditioned.

JimMIA
05-29-2005, 03:32 PM
could it mean "I shink I gonna hanname 'nother mig?" :drinking1

kathleena
05-29-2005, 06:10 PM
could it mean "I shink I gonna hanname 'nother mig?" :drinking1

For anyone who has ever seen Turtle Talk with Crush - this whole thread is making me put my fin to my head and shake it saying: "Du-uuu-uu-uuu-uude"

I hope the OP can understand the very strange sense of humor here. I agree that no one is out to shame anyone here - although it makes sense to be aware the OP may not see it that way.

Between this thread and the Where's Greenban thread, anyone new into this board would really wonder............

And just to make sure you know I did do something else besides check this thread 4 times today - the lawn is mowed (after 3 weeks of rain - ich), two more gardens are cleaned up, the 3 mile walk is complete, the clippings have been carted to the transfer station, the kitchen is clean, laundry done and I've done 3 layouts for my nephews wedding album.

And I'm upset because I lost the battle with the Lily Leaf Beetle. With all the rain, I couldn't spray them and my lilies are devasted by already. Three years of battling these imported pests and they have decimated my once beautiful crop. I think I will pull them up this year - and just put in more daylilies instead.

Ok, so now I've really changed the subject. Sorry!

andriade
05-29-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm new here and I had seen the Hanname a couple of days but figured it was some sort of DVC insider thing. When i started reading I just laughed. i read all 8 pages. I need to get out more!

Laurabearz
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Nancy.... I am impressed... sorry to hear about your lillies... I had all mine dug up/ misplaced during the remodel.... and we are still trying to figure out what we are going to do in the front as far as landscaping. I love Daylillies as they remind me of my father....

I have checked in a couple of times today, and also check to see if the OP has logged on since 5/25... lol And although I didnt get as much as you done, I did manage to do 3 load of laundry (so far... 2 or 3 to go) and mop the living room.

Have a great day everyone! :wave2:

princesstommi
05-29-2005, 06:39 PM
I just saw this thread. Too funny! 8 pages and still no idea? Now I'm joining the club, I won't be able to stop thinking "hanname" now! :teeth:

disgirl
05-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi! Just saw this thread now. It was fun reading all your responses and guesses to what hanname means. Some of you are very clever!

Have a good night everyone. :flower:

Pinnie
05-29-2005, 07:26 PM
For some reason NOTAZOO keeps running through my head!

Pinnie

JimMIA
05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
And just to make sure you know I did do something else besides check this thread 4 times today - the lawn is mowed (after 3 weeks of rain - ich), two more gardens are cleaned up, the 3 mile walk is complete, the clippings have been carted to the transfer station, the kitchen is clean, laundry done and I've done 3 layouts for my nephews wedding album.If you ever get the urge to hanname down Miami way, please let us know. We have a ton of work to be done!

jnrrt
05-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey, come on! I just read this whole thread, and I cannot believe that the answer to the mystery is not to be found anywhere in 8 pages! I don't like these mysteries - first the greenban thing, now this.

But I was crying laughing for the first three pages, and now I have a lovely, all-purpose expression of good will that I will use. Don't ask me why, but that's what it sounds like in my head, so "Hanname!" to all of you!

And you can bet your sweet petootie (if you have a sweet petootie) that I will re-read this for spelling :rotfl: .

Of course, how the heck are you supposed to spell "petootie"?

kweaver
05-29-2005, 10:06 PM
And you can bet your sweet petootie (if you have a sweet petootie) that I will re-read this for spelling :rotfl: .

Of course, how the heck are you supposed to spell "petootie"?

I believe it's actually "patootie" LOL :rotfl: ... 'course that could just be the Southern spelling of the word. ;)

(Coming out of lurkdom with tears streaming...this has definitely been a 'spit on my monitor after choking on my water' kind of thread!) :cool1:

jnrrt
05-29-2005, 10:31 PM
I believe it's actually "patootie" LOL :rotfl: ... 'course that could just be the Southern spelling of the word. ;)

Hey, maybe you're right and I'm confusing it with petooie, or the "I spit upon you" sound.

Whatever, never spell-check the unspellcheckable! :)

Laurabearz
05-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Hey, maybe you're right and I'm confusing it with petooie, or the "I spit upon you" sound.

Whatever, never spell-check the unspellcheckable! :)
I thought it would be patoowee for the spitting sound..... or hauktowee

And I agree with kweavers spelling. :wave2:

JeanJoe
05-29-2005, 11:20 PM
All right. This is getting downright freaky, and I'm scared. I tried some computational linguistic analysis to end this mystery once and for all, but something went badly wrong with my computer.
http://www.jeanjoe.com/images/hanname/xpcrash.jpg

After cleaning up the debris, I was driving down the road, when I noticed a car following me.
http://www.jeanjoe.com/images/hanname/license.jpg

I pulled over at the nearest stop, which happened to be a church.
http://www.jeanjoe.com/images/hanname/churchsign.jpg

As I ran away screaming, I tripped over:
http://www.jeanjoe.com/images/hanname/tombstone.jpg

http://www.jeanjoe.com/images/hanname/heart.jpg
Do I win the award for thread's most pathetic?

Maistre Gracey
05-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Holy Smokes! I'm blown away by the mere fact you know how to do all that fancy computer stuff! :eek:

MG

jnrrt
05-29-2005, 11:40 PM
JeanJoe, take this as well as you can, but even though I'm replying to this late at night, on the weekend, I'm still thinking that you have too much time on your hands. :rotfl:

But, I'm with MG - very impressive - totally thought my computer was self-destructing until I scrolled down.

rinkwide
05-29-2005, 11:50 PM
What if it's not a typo?

NOUNS

A Japanese appetizer.

An East African village.

VERBS

Setting up a blind date with Daryl Hannah.

Driving to the East end of Maui.

PHRASES

"Please pass the..."

"Cheers, mate" in Pidgeon English.

USERNAMES

My namesake is a charismatic Star Wars smuggler.

(and, of course, the ubiquitous)

I'm Hanna from Maine.

Laurabearz
05-30-2005, 12:00 AM
All right. This is getting downright freaky, and I'm scared. I tried some computational linguistic analysis to end this mystery once and for all, but something went badly wrong with my computer.

After cleaning up the debris, I was driving down the road, when I noticed a car following me.

Yes you do!!! :rotfl2:

JeanJoe
05-30-2005, 06:32 AM
Holy Smokes! I'm blown away by the mere fact you know how to do all that fancy computer stuff! :eek:

MG
Someone else on the DIS has used that sign generator, which I recalled had a web address at the bottom. A google search found that page, and actually another page with links to all the others. So, all I did was Google, and then type in the messages. Nothing fancy :)

If anyone is interested, here are the links:
http://www.churchsigngenerator.com/
http://tombstone.dogcrap.net/tombstone.php
http://atom.smasher.org/error/
http://www.acme.com/licensemaker/
http://www.acme.com/heartmaker/
http://www.acme.com/labelmaker/

Now I'm going to have to send some gag emails to people :bounce:

SueOKW
05-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Very clever!!! Loved it!!

WithDisneySpirit
05-30-2005, 08:31 AM
:goodvibes :rotfl: :rotfl2: :earboy2:

Another lurker from the beginning...y'all are so funny! I agree with jnrrt, hanname does sound like an expression of goodwill :sunny:

SaratogaShan
05-30-2005, 09:36 AM
sounds like the name of a hurricaine......

hurricaine hanname is gathering strength just off the coast of the DVC community. Looks like this is gonna be a bad one. Expect devastating winds....(maybe Dr. Tommorrow and Greenban will be blown back from OZ). This hurricaine has the potential to spread to other communities......Yep, no one involved will forget hurricaine hanname for a long, long time! :teeth:

Laurabearz
05-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Alright... a show of hands.... who else bookmarked the sign links??

:wave2:

athenna
05-30-2005, 10:10 AM

I'm impressed, JeanJoe!
This had me laughing right out loud :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

disgirl
05-30-2005, 10:57 AM
JeanJoe: Nicely done. I was def. amused. Have a great day everyone!!

Muushka
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
This thread just keeps getting better and better :rotfl2:

disynut
05-30-2005, 12:49 PM
:earseek: Wait. You mean I read all 9 pages(first 3 of which were read while laughing out loud) and there is still no answer? Now I'm getting worried about the OP. After all, doesn't EVERYONE read the DIS at least 3 times a day, lol? Oh, well, just add me to that list of not having a life. My name is Jennifer and I am a lime green neck. :cool1:

andriade
05-30-2005, 01:24 PM
I am soooooo lame! Or I'm a lime green neck? I couldn't wait to log on today to check to see if I could finally get Hanname out of my head. Admit it, you all went to bed thinking about it last night!

slk537
05-30-2005, 02:56 PM
So....did anyone decide how the hanname to pronounce this? I'm going with "hannah - may" but golly, wouldn't want to be the only one...

This thread is priceless...

DISNEYWORLDBORN2SHOP
05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm thinking that HANAME can be the new code word to find out if someone is a DISer. When you are walking through the park and think you recognize someone from their sig on the DISboards but you are afraid to go up and ask if it is really them, you can just casually say "Haname" as you walk by. I think this could be bigger than the lime green ribbons.

Cmadsen
05-30-2005, 04:43 PM
JeanJoe, you are fabulous, duuuuude!

I'm all for the secret code word, although I confess my mind (I swear I had one before I started reading this thread) says hanna-may or hanna-me. Perhaps we could tie it to the Spock "live long and prosper" gesture?

Yeah, it would be nice to identify our fellow DIS'ers while in the world. Has anyone else yelled out "Chuck and Dave" to see if anyone would answer? You do remember "Chuck and Dave"?

And five loads of laundry, rotini pasta salad, potato salad, baked beans and brats (Johnsonville, of course) PLUS, watching someone else clean out the screen house for summertime use. And determining that rinkwide might be on to something with the driving to the east end of Maui. (okay, I did check the board several times, too.)

dianeschlicht
05-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh my gosh! I was sure this would have dropped off the page by now! LOL :rotfl2: The signs are VERY GOOD and very funny! :rotfl:

BTW, I have not had a retur PM from the op, and she has not read it yet, since I requsted a receipt.

mom2alix
05-30-2005, 05:02 PM
So....did anyone decide how the hanname to pronounce this? I'm going with "hannah - may" but golly, wouldn't want to be the only one...

Coming out of lurk mode. I don't know about the pronunciation, but for some reason it's been Han NA may in my head throughout reading this thread. (Something similar to edamame, those soy bean things.) Anyone else have ideas as to the correct pronunciation? Since google is now in the dictionary, how long do you think it will take for hanname?

And yes, I too am guilty of continually checking back to see if the OP is going to come put us out of our misery. I know curiosity killed the cat, is anyone else worried about what it might do to a mouse
:earseek:

dianeschlicht
05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Hannah-MAY here.

andriade
05-30-2005, 05:25 PM
In my mind it has sounded like a Hawaiian word. Hanna-may. Sometimes I try it like a Spanish word with no 'h' sound and an 'e' at the end. Don't know why really. I sooo need a life!

JeanJoe
05-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Coming out of lurk mode. I don't know about the pronunciation, but for some reason it's been Han NA may in my head throughout reading this thread. (Something similar to edamame, those soy bean things.)
That's sounds like what I've been saying -- huh NAH may.

And my wife also made the edamame comment yesterday. Tasty, aren't they? I like them cold.

pixiechick
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
That's sounds like what I've been saying -- huh NAH may.

And my wife also made the edamame comment yesterday. Tasty, aren't they? I like them cold.

I've been sucked into the dark side! I'm dying to figure this out too!
That's the way I'm pronouncing it too.

Either way, I have a new "toast"! :goodvibes

Love Tigger
05-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Another lurker coming out of the closet. Been on the DL boards lately but I've been checking in for the Greenban and this thread. Been pronouncing it as Han-na-ME, like a three-year-old named Hanna making sure you don't confuse her with her brother Mike.

idratherbeinwdw
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm all for the secret code word, although I confess my mind (I swear I had one before I started reading this thread) says hanna-may or hanna-me. Perhaps we could tie it to the Spock "live long and prosper" gesture?

Too funny, picturing this really has me Laughing Out Loud. :rotfl2:

I can hardly wait until my next trip to try this out. As if I don't ALREADY do enough things to mortify my 14 and 20 year old daughters. :crazy:

Mar'

sprite
05-30-2005, 08:12 PM
"The restaurant is named after the Japanese cherry blossom, he said, a most beautiful, white and pink flower. The sakura's lifespan is three weeks. It blossoms between March and April. And Japan declares a special national holiday, "Hanname", just so that people might see the sakura blossoming!"

http://www.uppercrustindia.com/6crust/six/restaurant1.htm

I am frightened by how easily I have been sucked into this.

cruise-o-matic
05-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Is it me or has this become Monty Pythonic a la "African Swallow vs. European Swallow"..... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I wonder how long it is until this thread has more posts than Beca's

To paraphrase Mr. Castanza "Hanname Now! Hanname Now!"

Muushka
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I think when we hit the world this December we will place a simple sign on our door:

Hanname

If anyone passes by, just say Hi! :wave2:

Laura24
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Okay, had to do it.... I temporarily altered my "KUNGALOOSH!" signature....... :teeth:

MG
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: sick , hysterically sick!! :rotfl2:

Laura24
05-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Hanname really is a Japanese holiday to view cherry blossom blooms as another poster mentioned...but how it equates to "Sasatoga Speings and migs"....we may never know :confused3

BCVOwner2002
05-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi! My name is Annmarie and I'm a hanname! It appears there may be many of us here and I'm just glad that the OP had the courage to start this thread for us! I've been reading this since the first post but had no idea what it was but now I know! We ALL know!! Annmarie

WishinOnaStar
05-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Coming out of hiding to post my 2 ct worth. Hanname (hanna may) buy a mug if they are available. ;)

LeftCoaster
05-30-2005, 10:26 PM

If Greenban were here, we could have a poll. :teeth:

WishinOnaStar
05-30-2005, 10:32 PM
I fully expect to see lime green t-shirts with HANNAME on them this summer. Maybe I better get one or I'll feel left out. :rotfl:

dianeschlicht
05-30-2005, 10:38 PM
You know, I can see Hanname being a code word for the DIS DVC boards! We could all put it on our lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot!

mom2alix
05-30-2005, 11:01 PM
To paraphrase Mr. Castanza "Hanname Now! Hanname Now!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Laurabearz
05-30-2005, 11:16 PM
You know, I can see Hanname being a code word for the DIS DVC boards! We could all put it on our lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot!
I was thinking it could be the official chant... when you see someone wearing lime green, but arent sure.... start singing hanname hanname HANNAME.... if they repond in kind... the are a DISer!!! :bounce:

dermh
05-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Since were on the subject of "migs" about how much do they cost? Actually, I am checcking to see if anyone reads down this far. Thanks for playing!

mrsR123
05-31-2005, 12:03 AM
with apologies to our resident poet and actual songwriters:

On the disboard, the goofy disboard,
It's ha-na-may tonight

On the disboard, the lime green disboard,
It's ha-na-may tonight

Ohhh wweeeeee eee-eeee-eee
We must all get a life!

rinkwide
05-31-2005, 12:52 AM
[cue campfire guitar]

Ha-NAH-may m'Lord,

Ha-NAH-may,

Oh Lord, Ha-NAH-may.

[/guitar]

Maistre Gracey
05-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Since were on the subject of "migs" about how much do they cost? Actually, I am checcking to see if anyone reads down this far. Thanks for playing!Yes, I'm reading, and I've often wondered the same thing in other threads. ;)

Could prolly buy it for a song... :teeth:

MG

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 07:37 AM
[cue campfire guitar]

Ha-NAH-may m'Lord,

Ha-NAH-may,

Oh Lord, Ha-NAH-may.

[/guitar]
LOL! Now the DIS/DVC board not only has a one word recognition, but also a theme song! :teeth:

JeanJoe
05-31-2005, 07:45 AM
with apologies to our resident poet and actual songwriters:

On the disboard, the goofy disboard,
It's ha-na-may tonight

On the disboard, the lime green disboard,
It's ha-na-may tonight

Ohhh wweeeeee eee-eeee-eee
We must all get a life!
:rotfl: Ok, who else saw this and pictured a bunch of weirdos dressed in lime green strutting across a log?

Ohana might mean family, but I have no idea what hanname means.

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 08:41 AM
OHANA means family in hawaiian, but HANNAME means DIS/DVC family on the boards! :goodvibes

Laurabearz
05-31-2005, 08:47 AM
OHANA means family in hawaiian, but HANNAME means DIS/DVC family on the boards! :goodvibes
I like it!

kaseyC
05-31-2005, 09:04 AM
[cue campfire guitar]

Ha-NAH-may m'Lord,

Ha-NAH-may,

Oh Lord, Ha-NAH-may.

[/guitar]

Thanks, Mr. rinkwide. This made me spit coffee all over my keyboard and myself. I have this sick visual of a bunch of us manic Dis folks sitting by a campfire with our refillable migs and singing Hanname (m'Lord). LOL.
I now need to go change my shirt before going to the gym. :)

BCVOwner2002
05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm leaving for meetings for the rest of the day. Not only will hanname be on my mind but I'm going to be humming a certain campfire song that I can't get out of my head! Thanks rinkwide! lol Annmarie

wtpclc
05-31-2005, 09:16 AM

That's what came to my mind first!

Thanks to JeanJoe for the signs and ...born2shop... said soemthing really funny, but that was a few pages ago and I've forgotten. :rolleyes:

I can't believe it's Monday and we still don't know. Please come back op!

Mellie2162
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
OK, let me just say, you all are a bunch of warped lime green people with nothing to do... :crazy:

Ok. So am I. :rolleyes1

I am now going back to work and refuse to think about this again today :rotfl2:

I'll check back in an hour. :wave2:

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Hanname means DIS/DVC family...
Our theme song is Hanna-me M'Lord.
We are all lime green necks.
We are all impatiently waiting for the OP to come back and shed some light on this!

You know, it occurs to me that if the OP DOES come back and explain, it might take away the mystique, and ruin everything for us! :rotfl:

gracelrm
05-31-2005, 09:39 AM
I leave for WDW in three days - I'm worried I'll have to go not knowing what it means. I just really hope this gets resolved soon for all of us without a life :confused3

CarolMN
05-31-2005, 10:45 AM
...(snip)...You know, it occurs to me that if the OP DOES come back and explain, it might take away the mystique, and ruin everything for us! :rotfl:

If I were the OP, I might decide not to explain - kind of a "pay-back" for all the fun had at my expense, LOL! Maybe I'd just re register under another name. ;) ;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Anyone else think that the OP is the reincarnated spirit of another DVC DIS'r - the one famous for jerking chains whenever he got the chance? :teeth:

Best wishes-

scootersmom
05-31-2005, 10:48 AM
OK, I have no life either apparently.

Saw this thread a couple of days ago, thinking someone was posting to another DISer named hanname. I held the cursor over to see the first part of the post and was confused by the 'migs' reference. Finally clicked on it after it kept getting bumped to the top and see all the pages of posts!

Now I'm really intrigued! Hope the OP comes back and sheds some light for us.

Laura-- Meet you at the HH campfire in a couple of weeks? We could sing! :rotfl2:

Colleen

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
If I were the OP, I might decide not to explain - kind of a "pay-back" for all the fun had at my expense, LOL! Maybe I'd just re register under another name. ;) ;) :teeth: :rotfl:

Anyone else think that the OP is the reincarnated spirit of another DVC DIS'r - the one famous for jerking chains whenever he got the chance? :teeth:

Best wishes-
Nah, the other posts by the OP wouldn't bear that out.

Laurabearz
05-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Laura-- Meet you at the HH campfire in a couple of weeks? We could sing! :rotfl2:

Colleen
LOVE IT! We should PM the rest of the gang...
June 10th-18th--- Laurabearz--- Laura, DH, DD6, DD4, and DS2
June 12th-17th---cinderella97---Me, HD and DD age 8 years
June 12th-17th---mtdewhead---DH, DD-19, DD-12, DD-9, DS-7 and me
June 12th-18th---Scootersmom---Colleen, DH, DS12, DS29 and his fiance
June 12th-18th---tiffany123---DH and and I
To make sure everyone knows the words!!!

OneMoreTry
05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
This is scary. People will be pointing in airports. "Look, there goes one of those ...."

patsal
05-31-2005, 12:53 PM
Great, I got sucked in all 12 pages and still no solution to the mystery! Oh well hannahma another :drinking1 and maybe this will all go away! :crazy:

mbb
05-31-2005, 01:09 PM
....I'll check back in an hour. :wave2:

::yes:: Me too:) *humming at her desk, dreaming of HH campfire...*

:sunny:

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Great, I got sucked in all 12 pages and still no solution to the mystery! Oh well hannahma another :drinking1 and maybe this will all go away! :crazy:
LOL! At least spell the typo right! HANNAME! :rotfl2:

champagne27
05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
How could I have just read 13 PAGES and still not see a resolution?????

Thanks for the smiles - there are some funny (albeit a bit sick ;) people on this board.

And thanks for those links JeanJoe, that was very impressive!

I really do need to get back to work but that lime green thread is calling to me since it was so reference. Ahhh, it's a sickness!!!

Now if we could just get an answer...

kpm76
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Wrong user..

meuseman
05-31-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm scared.

I leave for SSR in 3.5 days and I do not know what hanname means. Are the Russians going to attack me? I just want a drink.

HANNAME! (Yelled like Attica!)

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Wrong user..

:confused: "splain" that remark! :confused3

wtpclc
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Maybe 2 DISers share a computer and when he/she posted, realized they were posting as the other DISer. Ut oh, another mystery!

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 04:10 PM
That works for me! Maybe that's where Hanname came from too! :teeth:

meuseman
05-31-2005, 04:18 PM

My wife and I use the same computer. Sometimes, I forget to sign out as her and sign in as me.

My bad...

dianeschlicht
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
My wife and I use the same computer. Sometimes, I forget to sign out as her and sign in as me.

My bad...
LOL! That was a short lived mystery! :teeth:

meuseman
05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
LOL! That was a short lived mystery! :teeth:

I think from now on when I do that, it will be referred to as an "hanname"

"Oh, sorry, I hannamed that thread with your username." :cool1:

wtpclc
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
LOL! Thanks for solving that ystery so quickly for us! Heaven forbid we have to deal with more than 1 mystery at a time for too long! ;)

JeanJoe
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM
LOL! Thanks for solving that ystery so quickly for us! Heaven forbid we have to deal with more than 1 mystery at a time for too long! ;)
Where's Greenban? Hanname.

wtpclc
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Where's Greenban? Hanname.
See, I lost count after 2 mysteries?!!! :rotfl:

slp87
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Here I sit reading another thread on pool safety at OKW when someone throws in Hanname. What?? I don't get it... Then I switch over to the community board and there it is again. So I read all 13 pages, curious and at times laughing hysterically, but with the mystery still unsolved. Add me to list of those who will be checking this thread constantly. As someone else mentioned...doesn't everyone check this board at least 3 times a day??? Please OP solve this mystery...I think she's communicating from the island on 'Lost'.

slp87
05-31-2005, 05:43 PM
One more piece to this wacky puzzle has been added. The pool thread actually said they would say their name is Sudl Hanname. Now I see where Sudl came from. Too many of the threads are overlapping with these bizarre sayings. Everytime I see SSR I will now think of it as sasatoga speings.

Meliechick
05-31-2005, 05:46 PM
I have been checking back since it was first posted and thought I could just let it go....but I was looking at another thread and there is was HANNAME! I think it is following me. I think this is how urban legends get started.

WDWLVR
05-31-2005, 05:49 PM
OK I'll admit it - I've been reading this since day 1 too. I should let it go but I keep opening the thread hoping that the answer is finally here. :)

NMW
05-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Did the OP of this thread ever come back???

Laurabearz
05-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Did the OP of this thread ever come back??? Not yet... They have yet to log back in....

cruise-o-matic
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Didn't Ralph Malph say this all the time:

"Hanname, hanname, hanname. I still got it!"

kpm76
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Maybe 2 DISers share a computer and when he/she posted, realized they were posting as the other DISer. Ut oh, another mystery!

Yup, that's exactly what happened....DH posted not realizing I was logged in :sunny:

athenna
05-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Wow, I spend one day at an off-site work meeting w/no access to a computer and I miss 4 pages! And still no answer!!!

OP WHERE ARE YOU?????????

Oh well, gonna go hanname a drink now!

BCVOwner2002
05-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I hope we get an answer before Saturday morning! I wasn't going to bring a lap top with us this trip but if this doesn't get resolved . . . I may need to log in on a daily basis - just to check on this thread! Hanname

mom2alix
05-31-2005, 08:52 PM
I received the following e-mail from a friend today and all I could think was ...HANNAME!

Typoglycemia
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulacty
unesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The
phaonmeneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch taem at
Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer
in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The
rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitlll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcusease the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Such a cdonition is arppoiately cllaed Typoglycemia.
Amzanig huh? Yaeh and yuo awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

And yet I'm still not enlightened as to the meaning of hanname! Oh where is the OP to put us out of our "misery"? :confused3

Cmadsen
05-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh, fine, I have to sit in a boring insurance meeting for FIVE hours this afternoon and as we're breaking up and exchanging all those, you know, "nice to meet you", etc...what slips out of my mouth? "May the HANNAME be with you!" I would have been embarrassed if the guy hadn't answered back "and with you, also"!

Muushka
05-31-2005, 09:50 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: "May the HANNAME be with you!" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: "and with you, also"! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Now THERE's a meeting I would have liked to attend. :wave2:

SueOKW
05-31-2005, 09:51 PM
Oh, fine, I have to sit in a boring insurance meeting for FIVE hours this afternoon and as we're breaking up and exchanging all those, you know, "nice to meet you", etc...what slips out of my mouth? "May the HANNAME be with you!" I would have been embarrassed if the guy hadn't answered back "and with you, also"!

I work in insurance too..... too bad we weren't in the same meeting!! I'm ready though!!!

BCVOwner2002
05-31-2005, 10:16 PM
I work in insurance too..... too bad we weren't in the same meeting!! I'm ready though!!!

I also work in insurance industry and sat through a 4 hour meeting today. Others in the meeting were sending each other blackberry messages. I would've sent "hanname" but none of them would've gotten it.

WishinOnaStar
06-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Wow, I spend one day at an off-site work meeting w/no access to a computer and I miss 4 pages! And still no answer!!!

OP WHERE ARE YOU?????????

Oh well, gonna go hanname a drink now!

I THINK YOU GOT IT!!! She was after all asking about drink migs. She just wanted to know if she could go hanname with a resort drink mig. :rotfl:

rinkwide
06-01-2005, 02:23 AM
I would've sent "hanname" but none of them would've gotten it.How ironic.

leise
06-01-2005, 04:48 AM
Arghhhh, I go away for 3 days, and this thread goes from 5 pages to 14 , still with no answer!!!!

Maybe "hanname" is the name of the obsessive condition it seems we all have..... :confused3

JeanJoe
06-01-2005, 06:17 AM
I leave for SSR in 3.5 days and I do not know what hanname means. Are the Russians going to attack me? I just want a drink.

Well, all I have to say is:

Ha-na-na-na,
Ha-na-na-na,
Ha - nna - me, good bye!

Ha-na-na-na,
Ha-na-na-na,
Ha - nna - me, good bye!

Have a good trip!

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 07:18 AM
LOL! We are getting quite an extensive song list on this thread! :teeth:

slp87
06-01-2005, 09:01 AM
I was just watching the Today show and they were mentioning some of our countries greatest mysteries. I was shocked to hear that hanname was not one of them!! Finding out the meaning of hanname could be bigger than the reveal of "Deep Throat".

meuseman
06-01-2005, 09:11 AM
Does anyone remember the Muppet Show routine where Animal sang the "Manamana" song? It is now a commercial for Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper.

Hanname -- do dooo do do do...

mbb
06-01-2005, 09:21 AM
........Hanname -- do dooo do do do...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

do dooo do do do.. :rolleyes1

:sunny:

Divamomto3
06-01-2005, 09:25 AM
OK, I can't believe I just read the entire 15 pages of this thread!
I'm a lime green neck for sure. Where oh where is the OP?

Laura24
06-01-2005, 09:32 AM
a vague memory in my brain tell me there is or was a member with the screen name HannahME? I believe the person is from Maine and her name is Hannah. The question sounded directed to a specific person. Our members list is disabled....any one else have the same recollection? How silly would it be if it were such a simple answer to the mystery!! :banana: But it usre has been fun wondering! :goodvibes

TW1
06-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Take a look at my new Ford Hanname!http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63551Ford_Hanname.jpg

ClarabelleCow
06-01-2005, 09:38 AM
this was freaky - I was looking at something on e-bay, and the sellers name was Nathanname!!!!

Its everywhere! :grouphug:

TW1
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Its time for
some cool
Hanname Shooters...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/63551Hanname_shhoters.jpg

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
a vague memory in my brain tell me there is or was a member with the screen name HannahME? I believe the person is from Maine and her name is Hannah. The question sounded directed to a specific person. Our members list is disabled....any one else have the same recollection? How silly would it be if it were such a simple answer to the mystery!! :banana: But it usre has been fun wondering! :goodvibes
I don't remember that, but why would someone post a personal message here?

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 09:43 AM
I have a theroy, but I am not willing to post it.... (it is very stalker like so I dare not post it... lol) But I think I have discovered Hanname's secret..... :rolleyes1

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Aww com'on Laura! GIVE!

wtpclc
06-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I have a theroy, but I am not willing to post it.... (it is very stalker like so I dare not post it... lol) But I think I have discovered Hanname's secret..... :rolleyes1

No way Hosea! You can't do that to us! Better tell or you may find out what happened to Greenban first hand! :teeth:

jnrrt
06-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Anyone else wonder if this is some African cousin of the art form anime? Of course, that's more likely at AKL than SSR...

"Look honey, they've decorated entirely in hanname!"

JeanJoe
06-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Does anyone remember the Muppet Show routine where Animal sang the "Manamana" song? It is now a commercial for Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper.

Hanname -- do dooo do do do...

"That was wonderful" "That was great" "I really liked it" "Well, it wasn't bad" "It could be better" "I didn't like it." "It was bad" "It was terrible" "Take it away" "Boooo!" "Boooo!"

I listened to this song driving my kid to daycare this morning...

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Aww com'on Laura! GIVE!
I think that was the fastest PM after a post I ever got Diane..... :rotfl2:

ClarabelleCow
06-01-2005, 10:11 AM
"Chef Igarashi glared at me, then, like the 50 Chinese storms, he whooshed out. Tanaka poured out glasses of Umeshu, which is Japanese plum wine with ice, said "Kampai" which means cheers. He then talked about Sakura. The restaurant is named after the Japanese cherry blossom, he said, a most beautiful, white and pink flower. The sakura's lifespan is three weeks. It blossoms between March and April. And Japan declares a special national holiday, "Hanname", just so that people might see the sakura blossoming!

Not sure if this was posted before!! Funny, I did a search on AOL and I first came up with Dis-Boards!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

wtpclc
06-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I think that was the fastest PM after a post I ever got Diane..... :rotfl2:

No fair sharing secrets behind our backs!! Will you pm me too?

disneyeveryyear
06-01-2005, 10:16 AM
It's bad enough that I was the 5th person without a life and constantly checking in.

Now Laura knows the answer and won't share.

I am torn, do I pm her and find out, or just continue to revel in the mystery.

This has kept my attention for longer than most books.

First the mystery, now the decision.

Laura, I think I'll wait for now, but sooner or later I'll probably pm you for the answer (this is like trying to decide if I wanted to know the sex of my last child).

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 10:27 AM
It's bad enough that I was the 5th person without a life and constantly checking in.

Now Laura knows the answer and won't share.

I am torn, do I pm her and find out, or just continue to revel in the mystery.

This has kept my attention for longer than most books.

First the mystery, now the decision.

Laura, I think I'll wait for now, but sooner or later I'll probably pm you for the answer (this is like trying to decide if I wanted to know the sex of my last child).
First of all.. I never siad I had the answer... only a stalking theroy.... :rotfl2:
Second of all... it is prolly WRONG.... but it serves as evidence that I truely dont have a life....

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
LOL! Laura is just speculating! At any rate, the OP has not answered the PM I sent last week. I doubt she is on the boards too often.

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Anyone else wonder if this is some African cousin of the art form anime? Of course, that's more likely at AKL than SSR...

"Look honey, they've decorated entirely in hanname!"
LOL! :rotfl2: I just spit my tea on that one!

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Boy Character Meal petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/wdw929/petition.html)

While I was stalking.... I found the above link... In the spirit of Hanname I thought I would pass it along..... :wave2:

wtpclc
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
but it serves as evidence that I truely dont have a life....

And that's why you fit in so well here!

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
That was a good link, Laura! I have often thought the Character meals were too girl oriented!

wdwstar
06-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Ok, i just read this thread and it has been very :rotfl: i am like most people, i like challenges, so i did a little looking around the boards and found this link

please read, no , i did not find out what Hanname means yet, but this may tell us that the op is really not the op,

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=755917

if you look the op misspells a lot of words where the real owner of the name does not.....

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 10:57 AM
Good detective work! Laura had another theory, but I think your link explains a lot more.

dianeschlicht
06-01-2005, 10:58 AM
It's almost a let down to know what might have really happened! It was so much more fun to speculate!

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Good detective work! Laura had another theory, but I think your link explains a lot more.
I think my theory still holds.... time will tell....

Rash
06-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok, i just read this thread and it has been very :rotfl: i am like most people, i like challenges, so i did a little looking around the boards and found this link

please read, no , i did not find out what Hanname means yet, but this may tell us that the op is really not the op,

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=755917

if you look the op misspells a lot of words where the real owner of the name does not.....

Actually, both appear to have numerous mispellings, or am I misunderstanding?:

QUESTION ABOUT GRILLING I BOT A GEORGE FORMAN GRILL. ITS A STAND UP GRILL. IF I WANTTO BARBAQUE I HAVE TO TAKE THIS THING TO THE AREA WHERE IT IS SET UP OR ARE THEIR GRILL ALREADY THERE. I GUESS THE BALCANEY IS OUT. :earsboy: :Pinkbounc

meuseman
06-01-2005, 11:05 AM
But the question still lingers, despite the misspellings.

hanname

Laurabearz
06-01-2005, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes1 :rotfl2:
:wave2:

wdwstar
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I am sorry, i didnt mean to throw a black cloud over the thread :umbrella:
i still like Laurabearz theory and actually i pm her and told her she prolly is right & "Hanname" sounds like this is address to the grandma. :flower:

Rash the thread about the BBQ grills are actually from the mother, i believe,
so when this thread was started the mother forgot to change her user id name again...... but i still like Laurabearz theory :3dglasses

please dont flame me :badpc:

wdwstar
06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
OMG ! That is it ....... Its Laurabearz theory and " Hannama" is the grandma's id name :flower:

ClarabelleCow
06-01-2005, 11:15 AM
but how did you confirm that hanname is a user name?

andriade
06-01-2005, 11:16 AM
This is getting old. I am checking in daily and still I have no answers. My main concern is how Hanname is being used............ Is it a verb or a noun? It seems like it is being used both ways. I think we need to write a dictionary type definition and decide if it is a verb or a noun. :rotfl:

ColoradoBelle1
06-01-2005, 11:18 AM
3 words:
Greenban
Hanname
DeepThroat

There ARE no coincidences!

wdwstar
06-01-2005, 11:19 AM
sorry, i can say that Hanname is not a user id name, i just tried to send a pm to this id and it came back unknown user id name :sad2: