PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

netposer
05-24-2005, 07:03 PM
"The virtual space allows you to game some of the popular Magic Kindom rides, such as Pirates and Jungle Cruise. From the launch site: "For a limited time you can be one of the first Guests to live inside Disney's new online multi-Player game. Create your own adventures, control your Character and interact with Players from around the globe! Share thrilling competitions, exciting adventures and endless interactive Disney magic on the Internet. Help us make this online world a better place to play!"

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=VMKHomePage

I'm off to register and try it out...

acidreignn
05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Ok, I know I'm not the only adult playing this game! Am I? :crazy: :rolleyes1

BeckWhy
05-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Well, I'm off to check it out... well I'm going to try... DIALUP IS STUPID! I wish I had DSL or Cable :(.

Taryn
05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Nope...

I'm there too... I'm the one that doesn't know what she's doing... *laughs*

maxsmom
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Ok, I can only go so far and then I get a black screen. Any ideas? I guess I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. I'm too tired to deal with it now. It looks like it has potential though.

jcemom
05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm only getting black screens as well. :confused3

lfama
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
:badpc: I am only getting the black screen as well.

MickMan
05-25-2005, 07:01 AM
I was playing yesterday and it is very addicting.

tracy51
05-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I can play it here at work (at lunch of course :rolleyes1 ) but at home all I get is the black screen - on all 3 computers and the laptop! The Tech support FAQ for VMK says to reinstall shockwave if it does that. Shockwave has now been reinstalled 4 times on my computer and home and it still does it. So, I'm not sure what to do :confused3 If any of you find out how to make it work, let me know. I'm hoping to show it to DD so she can play. I'm really excited about the in park quest for out trip in August :flower:

mking624
05-25-2005, 09:11 AM
I got a black screen one time, but I reloaded it...it seemed to be working and the game was loading up....then I got a script error. Now the thing won't load at all, I just immediately get that error.

druiser
05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Ok, I can only go so far and then I get a black screen. Any ideas? I guess I'll have to figure it out tomorrow. I'm too tired to deal with it now. It looks like it has potential though.

You must be in the park at night :rotfl2:

I haven't tried it yet, myself. Off to give it a try.

BeckWhy
05-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Mine will get half way loaded and then stop loading (its like it freezes.. its got the like VMK icon and the load bar, it just doesn't move).

BeckWhy
05-25-2005, 09:53 AM
lol The VMK is like the new Magical Express, lots of bugs :rotfl2:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
05-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Mine loads through teh whole VMK logo and then it goes black again and just sits at 'transferring data'

booooooooo!

BeckWhy
05-25-2005, 10:40 AM
I thought the park was supposed to be open from 10 am to 2 am EST. But now (11:37 am) it says its closed for like 1300 min or something.

cobbler
05-25-2005, 10:53 AM
I know, I just read all about it and "think" I have a clue and now it is closed. Thats a long time, another 22 hours :(

Lynn4Mel
05-25-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't dare play! I will become addicted in the matter of minutes and DD12 will come home from school and take it over and that will be that, I won't be able to get near my computer! :rotfl2:

jcemom
05-25-2005, 11:13 AM
I know what you mean! My DS 12 was looking over my shoulder last night as I was making my character. He asked what it was and I said...um, nothing. He said it looked like a video game and I said...um, not really. :crazy:

tracy51
05-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I actually got in for a bit this morning and it froze up while I was in game. Then got the lovely black screen. They probably took the game down if everyone is having these problems.

Darn it! I had more pins to collect and hidden Mickeys to find! :rotfl:

cheyita
05-25-2005, 11:31 AM
So it doesn't open again until tomorrow at 10 a.m. Eastern? Darn.

marypops!
05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
help me
i keep trying to do this but when i get to the terms and conditions i press agree and it comes up with an error 50

mattr555
05-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Worked for me but whats the point of it? Is it a game or a chat room?

The white list Disney lexicon is anoying. You cant ask another guest if they are from Disboards because "Disboards" isnt an approved word. Only being able to say words that Disney approve. Now thats frightening.

acidreignn
05-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Worked for me but whats the point of it? Is it a game or a chat room?

The white list Disney lexicon is anoying. You cant ask another guest if they are from Disboards because "Disboards" isnt an approved word. Only being able to say words that Disney approve. Now thats frightening.

I can understand why Disney would limit word use. I don't want some person to 'talk' to my child or myself inappropriately. But, when I was trying it out last night, I tried to tell someone that there was a hidden mickey in the spider web. It wouldn't let me use the word web. Go figure. Web is a bad word? LOL

cobbler
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
I can understand why Disney would limit word use. I don't want some person to 'talk' to my child or myself inappropriately. But, when I was trying it out last night, I tried to tell someone that there was a hidden mickey in the spider web. It wouldn't let me use the word web. Go figure. Web is a bad word? LOL

Ever try to chat on the Magical Gatherings planner? HORRIBLE. They have that too where certain words will show up as *** if they aren't approved when you push enter. All female terms such as lady, girl and such are *** when you hit them :confused3

We tried to say something about Lady and the Tramp and it came up *** and the ***. Now that is their own stupid movie. Also anything like class will show up cl***.

We figured a way around that was to type the first letter, then hit space and the rest of the word so it would at least show up and we could know what we are talking about, like l ady and the t ramp. I don't know if it will work here but it might be worth a shot!

marypops!
05-25-2005, 01:57 PM
help me
now everytime i try to do this it will come up saying th3at my username is 0
:(
i wanna be wdwlover
:sad:

jcemom
05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Well, I didn't actually get into the game to do any chatting, but I did get a bit frustrated just trying to name my room, lol. I wanted to call it "Tracey's Tiki Room" but Tracey isn't an approved word. I couldn't be very descriptive either, because I couldn't find many words that I was allowed to use, lol.

disneymom3
05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Just a black screen for me too. What I found the most odd though is that when I went to register, it told me my username was already taken. Since that is my email address, I found that a bit odd. Tried one of my typical passwords and it let me in. Must be from registration on the main Disney site.

Lynn4Mel
05-25-2005, 06:24 PM
DD12 was on for a while a bit ago. SOmeone asked he where she was from and how old she was and any word related to age or place was blocked... was fine by me. I haven't had a chance to look at it for myself though. Will get to it tomorrow.

Disney29
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm in and have NO idea what I am doing.............. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

BeckWhy
05-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I believe in what Disney is doing. It's trying to watch it's back. There have been like law suits against ICQ and other im programs because someone's child was... I don't even know a good word to use... abducted(?) by talking to loonies on them. I'm sure Disney doesn't want that.

Speaking of which. I couldn't get it to work, so I had my computer friend look at it. Then he said to me, OMG I'm gonna be profiled by the FBI for pedophilia or something now (joking of course).

This is the message I get when I try to log in:

-- "Application crashed!"
-- "Please provide the following data to developers:"
-- "Script runtime error" "Four parameters expected" #script
-- "AdvNavigation : 0"
-- "client_crashtime : 10:15:49 PM"
-- "client_lastclick : "
-- "client_startdate : 5/25/2005"
-- "client_starttime : 10:10:50 PM"
-- "client_url : https://secure.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/register/login"
-- "client_version : 0.5.0 - 18.03.05"
-- "fx : 1"
-- "music : 1"
-- "ui : 1"
-- "user_credits : 0"
-- "volume : 240"
-- "
Object log:"
-- ""

I just read that (well it was the first time it stayed on my screen long enough). It says, -- "Please provide the following data to developers:"
I can't.. it won't let me email, it says my user name doesn't exist.

jcemom
05-25-2005, 10:13 PM
DS and I were in for a little while. It's kinda sorta fun, but the entrances and exits keep getting clogged up with people. Sometimes it's difficult to get in and out of a room via the exits. Then we got kicked out. Now all I'm getting is the black screen again.

pumpkinfish
05-25-2005, 10:19 PM
This is actually a very interesting idea! I know it is a work in progress (having all the problems everyone else is) but it is so addicting! DH just sat there (playing his xbox) and shook his head saying "See...". :confused3 :love:

I can't wait to find out about the quests! I hope they don't limit it to kids 10-14!

BeckWhy
05-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Well.. at least mine loads to the black screen!

Tinkerbellz
05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
DD16 and I played together last evening. We had fun together. I'm hoping to meet her there again today. She is taking finals at school today and she will finish her keyboarding exam early and she will be able to login to play. :earboy2:

HollyJoy
05-26-2005, 08:07 AM
This game looks addicting! And it's not even open right now! LOL I'm in trouble! :rotfl:

sconnell
05-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Who's waiting for the opening?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
05-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Finally played it last night, this looks pretty cool. Im sportin the lime green tshirt in honor of the dis!

sconnell
05-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Oooo, that's good, how are we going to identify ourselves as DISers if we can't say DIS?

sconnell
05-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Ok, it's after 10, is anyone on?

marypops!
05-26-2005, 09:20 AM
i can't get on
it says that it's closed for me
and no timer
you on?

mcorbo
05-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Oooo, that's good, how are we going to identify ourselves as DISers if we can't say DIS?

Well, if you see anyone with a lime green shirt (how about the Disneyland one with the D in the middle?) in the game, we can have a secret code question that is allowed (gam is down right now, so I can;t check if this is valid or not) How about "dis boards?" seems to work

marypops!
05-26-2005, 09:58 AM
well if anyone wants to know
my name is wdwlover
:)

cheyita
05-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Does anyone have a guess as to why I'm having trouble downloading Shockwave? I get network error, check your connection. Obviously, I am connected! Initially I got the black screen and thought Shockwave was the problem. Now I'd like to try without downloading, but it keeps automatically taking me to the download screen. Any ideas techies?

pumpkinfish
05-26-2005, 10:19 AM
FYI to everyone, it is back up and running!

mtakac
05-26-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm glad to hear that there are other adults playing. I'm from the Pac Mac generation so these "live" games freak me out a little. I already found over 20 hidden Mickey's. I believe I got in the first day it launched. The 24th?

I have DSL so I didn't have any problems downloading the Shockwave file.

Try the jungle cruise game - it's fun and not very hard. The fireworks and pirates games are difficult for this grown-up.

I have experienced a few instances where my character just sort of froze and wouldn't move. I had to exit and log back in.

I also bought a teleporter for "My Tea House." I put one half in my husband's room so that we can teleport bac kand forth. We can only do this when we're both logged on.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be helpful.....

Let me know if you have any questions.

marypops!
05-26-2005, 10:35 AM
where have you found the hidden mickeys
and how do you make the thing show
i've only found one

marypops!
05-26-2005, 10:39 AM
hello
has anyone found the monorail stops??
i've only found 1 hidden mickey where are more??
help please

pumpkinfish
05-26-2005, 10:56 AM
FYI, I am MissBelle and have my room- Blue Wonder ;)

Boy, I feel like I am 12 yrs old again !!! :wizard:

cheyita
05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Argh!!!

I finally got the Shockwave to install, and the game is closed!

Does anyone know when it's supposed to open again?

marypops!
05-26-2005, 11:16 AM
if you restart the computer it will say play game
(i did that)
i now have 5 hidden mickeys

mtakac
05-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Now it wouldn't be any fun if I told you where the hidden Mickey's are but here are some hints.

Try adjusting the brightness of your computer screen. I hadn't realized that my moniter was on the dark side so I was having a hard time finding the Mickey's. I've found at least 1, sometimes 2, in each room. As I collect them they seem to replenish in new places within a room.

The cool thing about the camera is that you can click on "take a picture" put the box over something that you thing might be a mickey, snap it, and it will highlight the Mickey, if there is one. However, if it isn't a hidden Mickey you can just cancel without wasting film.

I have found a few monorail stops but I can't remember where off the top of my head. I always seem to just stumble upon them.

You can also collect points or pins by double clicking on items within a room.

Benjo
05-26-2005, 12:06 PM
I've been to the website, but the computer I'm not now is a little old and slow. The whole thing looks like a blast, but I'll have to wait until I get home on my computer to really experience the whole thing.

Looks like a really fun way to waste time, though. :)

HollyJoy
05-26-2005, 12:17 PM
I can't get the game to work!! Ugh! I keep getting an error message! :sad2:

marypops!
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
well where can you find the specaial pins?

liznboys
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm in there right now, it's so cool!!!

harleyquinn
05-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Arg! I still can't get in! I'm on a T3 connection for heavens sake. What is up?!

VMKingdom
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know when it's supposed to open again?Disney only keeps the game open when they can moderate it, for safety of course. The game is open from 10:00 a.m. 1:00 a.m. EST. During beta, they aren't really sticking to that schedule, but it is usually pretty close.

VMKingdom
05-26-2005, 01:54 PM
well where can you find the specaial pins?You can get some special pins for clicking on stuff, like the dragon and Yeti. If you see the cursor turn into a Mickey hand, just click on it and see what happens.

DisneyObsessive
05-26-2005, 02:31 PM
just joined today. i think when all our names are approved and stuff, we need to post them so we can befriend each other!

Oy! just got kicked out as a type. For no reason, jsut closed on me and went to log in screen. guess there will be some bugs to work out.

HollyNEd
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
I have been playing for 2 days and this is wayyyyyy tooooooo addictive :teeth: I am on it as Winnifred (as in Winnie the Pooh and my kitten's name) If anyone has any ideas on the monorail let me know. I have been having fun finding the hidden pins and mickey's :goodvibes I have found 40 hidden Mickey's so far and about 10 pins. This is going to be like playing the Sim's but better ;)

loriandmatt
05-26-2005, 02:57 PM
ok - this is soooooo fun. i am spending WAY to much time doing this. now i know what my son sees in those playstation games he is addicted to. i just had to find a scenario i was interested in. i am wizzing around on monorails and snapping mickeys. this is a blast. one question though - how the heck (besides shooting mickeys) do i earn points? (to afford film to shoot more mickeys.)

- lori

barbarabee
05-26-2005, 04:06 PM
Try playing some of the games to earn credits!

lfama
05-26-2005, 04:08 PM
The game loads for me, then goes to a black screen, then a few seconds later a box pops up that says "connection lost, please relogin." I relogin, and it happens again, and so on and so on. Anyone come up with a solution? I tried everything - restarting the computer, firewalls, etc.

jcemom
05-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Anyone figure out how to take pics of the hidden mickeys that are in weird, out of camera range, places? Like in the room with the dragon...on the wall on the upper left in between the chains...only a little piece of the mickey fits into the camera viewfinder and it doesn't give me credit for it. There's another like it in the horseshoe saloon, on the upper balcony on the left. :confused3

caribear
05-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Can anyone tell me how in the world to get the camera to work or how to collect points? All I can do is walk around! I am so confused :confused3 If this game is for 14 year olds then I must be way out of the loop :p Are there any directions on the website? I keep going to the help section, but cannot find anything.

jcemom
05-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Directions in Help aren't very good, IMO. To get a camera go to VMK central and click on the poster/banner on the wall...I think it might be of a skull but I can't remember, but it's behind the camera setting on the floor.

To get points I've been playing the Jungle Cruise game. I also like the fireworks game. You'll also get pins or other objects for playing or clicking on things in some of the rooms, like the dragon or the yeti.

LoriR
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Click on any "character" that talks to you when you enter an area. You get pins and points. Like the fortune teller in the Emporium and the dragon etc..

I got the hidden mickey picture in the saloon. Just drag your camera window around. I'm up to 25 hiddden mickeys.

I'm trying to figure out how to use magic now. It said something about needing a magic pin and I have no idea how to get one!

Juls
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
a monorail station entrance is in the dragon room

HollyJoy
05-26-2005, 07:53 PM
I am LOVING this game!!! I finally got in earlier. Had to leave to take my daughter to dance, and now I can't get it to work again! Ugh!!! I like the idea of posting all our names so that we can find each other once they are approved!

acidreignn
05-26-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm having withdrawal!!! AAAHHH!!! LOL :rotfl2: Closed until 783. Whatever that means?!

HollyNEd
05-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I think it went down is why it is closed now. I have had no problems with the game until about an hour ago. The 700 and whatever is minutes meaning 10 am tomorrow :(

caribear
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the tips jcemom and lorir!! I can't wait to try and play tomorrow!!

BeckWhy
05-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Mine says the whole vmk site is down.

MsLeFever
05-26-2005, 08:29 PM
thanks for the info everyone - I was there for a bit and sorta couldn't figure out what to do other than walk around.

HollyJoy
05-26-2005, 08:57 PM
My guess is that they are having more interest in the site then they ever imagined!! Hurry up Disney! Get it back up!

tinkerbellmom31
05-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm glad to hear that there are other adults playing. I'm from the Pac Mac generation so these "live" games freak me out a little. I already found over 20 hidden Mickey's. I believe I got in the first day it launched. The 24th?

I have DSL so I didn't have any problems downloading the Shockwave file.

Try the jungle cruise game - it's fun and not very hard. The fireworks and pirates games are difficult for this grown-up.

I have experienced a few instances where my character just sort of froze and wouldn't move. I had to exit and log back in.

I also bought a teleporter for "My Tea House." I put one half in my husband's room so that we can teleport bac kand forth. We can only do this when we're both logged on.

I'm trying to think of anything else that might be helpful.....

Let me know if you have any questions.
Ok I don't know how to buy things or how to take pics of the hidden Mickeys can anyone tell me. TIA

DisneyAddict_M
05-26-2005, 09:02 PM
I want to play, but it's saying the site's too busy. :(

HollyNEd
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Seems like it is back open as of 11 pm est.

I had an idea if anyone is interested it is that we make ourselves that lime green color for skin so we know we are from the Dis. I know it looks really funky but at least it is lime green ;)

Beherenow
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Is VMK central the screen with the overview of the Magic Kingdom? I can not get my camera button to be active. Am I in the wrong screen or do I need to earn points to 'buy' a camera.

Also, are the green people the ones that I need to talk to to get pins?

Soooooooooo lost!!!

mtakac
05-26-2005, 10:28 PM
tinkerbellmom,

I can't get on right now so I'm doing this from memory. I think that you get points for just joining and creating your character. It should be enough to buy a camera. If not, play a game or click on one of the characters that talks to you in a room. For example, the dragon in the Dungeon Room (I think that's the room).

I think you can buy the camera in the VMK Emporium. It's in the Mainstreet area. Once you get in the shop, there's a stage. The curtain says something about hidden mickeys. If you double click it, a list of items that you can buy will appear. You can buy a camera and film. As you find the hidden Mickeys you'll earn more points when you find 10, 20, etc.

Basically, you just need to more your curser around until it turns into a hand. Double click and you'll earn points or find things to buy.

micki

disneymom3
05-26-2005, 11:05 PM
You guys are awesome. I finally got in this afternoon but was so clueless!! I found the Jungle Cruise game and figured that out. DD8 figured out how to play the Pirate game--and was pretty good--but we could not figure out the hidden mickey or a bunch of this other stuff.

The help section on the site stinks!!

disneymom3
05-26-2005, 11:13 PM
The camera is actually in the cinema on the wall where the skull and crossbones flag is.

DVCLady
05-26-2005, 11:52 PM
I found 39 hidden mickey's and can't find the last one. most of the rooms have 2 hidden mickey's in them. Anyone know if Fantasy in the Sky has 2?

maliboomer
05-27-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm loving it! I have quite a collection of hidden mickeys now. My name is Maliboomer. Cya there!

Slacking
05-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Anyone figure out how to take pics of the hidden mickeys that are in weird, out of camera range, places? Like in the room with the dragon...on the wall on the upper left in between the chains...only a little piece of the mickey fits into the camera viewfinder and it doesn't give me credit for it. There's another like it in the horseshoe saloon, on the upper balcony on the left. :confused3

As of today, they seemed to have fixed these Mickey's to make it so they will be in the range of the camera.

LittleMermaidsMom
05-27-2005, 12:25 AM
hello
has anyone found the monorail stops??
i've only found 1 hidden mickey where are more??
help please

There is a monorail station at the front entrance to the park.... just go down main street as if you are exiting the park. Once you go through the exit, you are at a monorail stop.

HollyJoy
05-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Seems like it is back open as of 11 pm est.

I had an idea if anyone is interested it is that we make ourselves that lime green color for skin so we know we are from the Dis. I know it looks really funky but at least it is lime green ;)

Or at least wear something lime green. I tried to ask if anyone was from the Dis, but it didn't like the word Dis! :confused3

LoriR
05-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Just a few "things to do" instead of just walking around like I did at first! LOL

On the main map page, that shows all the areas to visit, click on Main Street(i think) and go into VMK Central. There is a pirate poster on the wall. Click on this and you get a free camera and some film. There is also a screen on the wall that, when clicked, will tell you how many hidden Mickeys you have found with your camera. There is usually one or two hidden Mickey's in each area. If you take a picture of one, it will show up white in your picture. Drag the camera frame around the screen to aim.

If you want to get back to the main map page, click on the globe icon located on the bottom left of your screen. From here you can go to any land or game.

Play games to earn points to buy things like pins, clothes, furniture for your room, and film for your camera. You can buy things by going into a shop. I read that you have to visit a shop and then return for a second time before you can shop there. If you get a "hand" on your cursor as you hover over the cash register in the shop you can buy things.

Also, click on "main characters" like the fortune teller in the Emporium, Ned in Aventureland, the dragon etc.. and get a pin and points. It says to return in 24hrs for more rewards. (don't know what you get yet!)

Don't be shy, if you see people in a room ask them if there are any hidden Mickeys or what there is to do. Most of the time there is someone willing to share!

I need to find out how to use Magic! I think I have it but it said I need a magic pin which I have no idea how to get. Anyone know???

Have fun learning your way in this game! Good Luck. :wave2:

Lori

judykay53
05-27-2005, 07:17 AM
I saw on there this morning where you will be able to submit words for them to consider putting in the dictionary. I don't remember how this is done or what you have to "accomplish" to do this but maybe we can get DIS put in there.

HollyJoy
05-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Good idea!!

lucky978
05-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Allright! This is right up my alley! But I can't get in. First of all, it says my username is already taken (which is my email address)? Secondly, it says time until open "36". What does that mean?

pumpkinfish
05-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Allright! This is right up my alley! But I can't get in. First of all, it says my username is already taken (which is my email address)? Secondly, it says time until open "36". What does that mean?

36 means "36 minutes until it opens again for game play"! :)

Your username is already taken because this is from when you signed up at the Disney website (I am assuming you have signed up. The same thing happened to me, and I typed in a "usual" password I use and it put me through).

Good luck! Be careful it IS addictive. :goodvibes Come find all us DISers!

liznboys
05-27-2005, 08:56 AM
I think the lime green thing is a great idea, or we could pick a meeting spot. :wave:

mcorbo
05-27-2005, 09:15 AM
I saw on there this morning where you will be able to submit words for them to consider putting in the dictionary. I don't remember how this is done or what you have to "accomplish" to do this but maybe we can get DIS put in there.

DIS may not work, but Dis does.

caribear
05-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I still only have 80 points and cannot afford a camera! Ugh!! The cameras do not seem to be free today! You need 100 points, so there is not much for me to do in the game :confused3

JeanJoe
05-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Arrrghhhh!!

Instead of working, I'm a lime green guy walking around the VMK!

What have you all done to me?!?

caribear
05-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Uh no I just got kicked of VMK!! I am already addicted!!

meatballsmom
05-27-2005, 11:02 AM
I can't get in. Any ideas?? It keeps going through all the loading, then load the word dictionary, then says my connection is lost.

BeckWhy
05-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I got banned. I don't know why. I let it load while I went and made lunch. Came back 10 min later and I went to move, said I got disconnected then when I tried to reconnect it said I was banned. :confused3

Tinkerbellz
05-27-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm in....I have on a green Tink shirt and red hair!

marypops!
05-27-2005, 12:58 PM
im in for a long time
i've seen a couple from the DIS
btw im wdwlover on there
i've found 40 hidden mickeys so far
and i know where all the monorail stops are
(except tommorrowland and frontierland because they only have one room so far)

HollyJoy
05-27-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone... my name was approved. I'm Tinkgirl . I've got on a green tink shirt, blue shorts and blue shoes!! Find me!

barbarabee
05-27-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm boardwalk! It's kinda fun!!! I've got 33 mickeys so far...and i started decorating my room!

DisneyObsessive
05-27-2005, 01:34 PM
for now we should just shout LIME GREEN! lol

marypops!
05-27-2005, 01:36 PM
which room are you in
im wdwlover
i have a white mickey mouse club shirt, black shorts and blue trainers

cheyita
05-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I didn't think it recognizes "lime". But it does recognize DIS.

Saw you marypops!

Saw someone else with a signature that said something about Beach Club and DIS. They left before I could get their attention.

lfama
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I've been trying to get into this game for three days now. I've spent hours upon hours trying to find out what the problem is, and nothing works. It loads fine, and then I get the "connection lost, please login in again" message. Can ANYONE help me and tell me what I am doing wrong? I am on a DSL connection, this should not be happening. I have disabled all the firewalls that I know about (Windows, Norton...). I'm going crazy trying to figure out the problem, I really, really want to try this game out. Please if you know what to do let me know! Thanks.

marypops!
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
i have 46 hidden mickeys
yay

Taryn
05-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi,

I'm not in now but I am often.

I'm DoomCookie.

You can stop laughing now... I couldn't think of anything and I had Doombuggie stuck in my head!

See you in the VMK!

cobbler
05-27-2005, 03:10 PM
I am Sage on there. I only have 10 hidden Mickeys but then again I haven't traveled past adventureland yet.

MickMan
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I saw someone wearing a Pirates hat. They would not tell me how they got it.

I also saw someone wearing a clear space helmet. She was gone by the time I typed a message.

anyone know how they got these? :confused3

marypops!
05-27-2005, 03:21 PM
i have 50 hidden mickeys (or all of them) but it says i only have 48
i wanna gold pin

disneymom3
05-27-2005, 03:23 PM

I had the same thing happen and all I can figure is from registering on Disney's regular site. See if it will email you your password if you can't figure out what it would be. I tried a couple passwords I use frequently and figured out what it was and it let me in.

My name is CindyElla

cobbler
05-27-2005, 03:30 PM
I saw someone wearing a Pirates hat. They would not tell me how they got it.

I also saw someone wearing a clear space helmet. She was gone by the time I typed a message.

anyone know how they got these? :confused3

I think you can buy them in the shops.

marypops!
05-27-2005, 03:36 PM
how do you make it so you have all the hidden mickeys
i have all 50 but it says i have 48
and i don't know why

pyrxtc
05-27-2005, 03:45 PM
how do you do anything?? I have seen stairs I couldn't climb and doorways that go nowhere else. I have played the fireworks game and earned 2 pins but am lost on everything else. Where do I get a camera?? I saw a Mickey already but couldn't do anything?

ReggieB
05-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I've been playing today but it keeps freezing up on me. I'm ReggieB on it (not my real name!)

aplejax76
05-27-2005, 03:58 PM
I have 14 hidden Mickeys. My name is aplejax. I an having a hard time finding the mickeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobbler
05-27-2005, 03:58 PM
how do you do anything?? I have seen stairs I couldn't climb and doorways that go nowhere else. I have played the fireworks game and earned 2 pins but am lost on everything else. Where do I get a camera?? I saw a Mickey already but couldn't do anything?

The best thing I found is to click on the globe/world icon next to the i, and it will take you anywhere you want to go.

The camera is at VMK central, click on the scull on the left hand side of the room and you can buy one there.

disneymom3
05-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Whatever you do don't cancel in the middle of going somewhere!! REally messes it up.

Karibeth19
05-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Here's a code from Disney Adventures magazine for 500 credits:
QNELNTBWKLDUGB2C

Claire4dpins
05-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the code Karibeth19 - very useful!!

At least I have a chair in my room now! :wave2:

Blueeyes101817
05-27-2005, 07:35 PM
i still catn even get the game working for me!

aplejax76
05-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know what happens after you get 50 mickeys?????????

Blueeyes101817
05-27-2005, 07:53 PM
okay guys--what do i do? i couldnt get in, now i did...

i also am talking to a DISer---anyone on here now on "main street"

cobbler
05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Anyone know how to get the silver Mickey pin? I have got the bronze pin after 10 hidden Mickeys and I now have 20 and there is no pin, maybe after 30??

caribear
05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks so much for the code KariBeth19!!!

pjpoohbear
05-27-2005, 09:15 PM
I learned not to cancel, it took away my ability to click on the bottom icons, :(

Penny
aka PennyJ

disneymom3
05-27-2005, 09:41 PM
karibeth--where do you enter the code? I tried to enter it under secret codes and it wouldn't take it.

BeckWhy
05-27-2005, 10:06 PM
I need someone's help with this Hidden Mickey thing. I have taken 38 pics of Hidden mickeys (I count so far 38 different ones).. but it says I only found 36.

PM me if you can help me (either you found all of them... or most of them)..

BeckWhy
05-27-2005, 10:13 PM
My name is BeckyLynn

mtakac
05-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Rough! I just got a "Boo Disboards" during the game. I don't know if someone was saying Hi or just being rude. I couldn't respond because all my icons froze up so I just had to log out.

cobbler
05-27-2005, 10:38 PM
for the code, only put 4 letters/numbers in a box.

I think we should start a list to where they all are found.

DVCLady
05-27-2005, 10:38 PM
that was me with the "Disney home is Beach Club. Dis boards rock!" my character's name is CinamonToast. The server crashed or something and I couldn't get back in. I found 41 hidden mickey's and have the bronze and silver pin. I'm not really good at playing pirates of the caribbean. I play Jungle cruise over and over just to get the 20 credits...LOL. Most of the time I'm walking around looking for mickey's. I did get flagged once for using won for the word one. I got sent a message from a Cast Member. It's really hard to talk to people when so many words are not allowed.

DisneyObsessive
05-27-2005, 11:06 PM
since i spotted my first mickey now i finally know how to look for them! but man im sitting here at midnight, tired, straining my eyes to see them lol

pyrxtc
05-27-2005, 11:44 PM
code worked but I need to go to bed
thanks

marypops!
05-28-2005, 03:42 AM
ok
here's where the three monorail stations are:
main street: it's in town square, the corridor which you stand in under the train station
fantasyland: in the dungeon behind the dragon
adventureland: this is in the forbidden temple where there is some stairs shaped as a pillar

again why is it that it says i only have 48 hidden mickeys when i have found them all?
(there are 50 hidden mickeys)

pumpkinfish
05-28-2005, 04:41 AM
LOL. After all this time I finally remembered to post my screen name: MissBelle.

For those of you who have found all 50 hidden mickey's, I read somewhere that your first ones might need to be re-taken. Go back through to your first ones and then go back to those areas and re-snap. Let us know if that worked. I just got my 30 HMs and finally got that darn bronze mortimer pin! So you must get it after 30.

marypops!
05-28-2005, 05:03 AM
ok
but i know that about my 5th one made it 4 and i think my 24th one made it 22

it's still annoying though
i got all the hidden mickeys but it says i don't
i wanna gold osward or whatever it is
also i just noticed (or noticed ages ago) about them pins
1. bronze mickey
2. siver mortimer
3. gold oswald

1st is just mickey
2nd is mortimer, mickeys origanal name
3rd is oswald, where the idea of mickey came from

disneytraveler
05-28-2005, 05:47 AM
:rotfl2: Its not open yet i think i am way to early .I was using the early entry
Mk day .

caribear
05-28-2005, 06:14 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Dznygrl, so if you see me please wave or say Hi!!

goofy4tink
05-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Okay, dd and I were on last night...she is doing much better than I am. But, a question for those of you that are more computer literate than I (that could be a monkey!!). We can't seem to get the whole page to view. All the stuff at the bottom is below my screen area. How do I get the whole picture in? :confused3

pyrxtc
05-28-2005, 07:11 AM
I left about 12:30 am..LOL! Very addidcting and talked to a few people from DIS. it's funny the words it won't allow. I still have a guest name, how long til my name is approved?

cobbler
05-28-2005, 07:41 AM
It took about a day or two for my guestname to be approved. Its not open yet and I was on until 1am last night decorating my room.

I have 49 mickeys in my photos but it says I only have 44. I know that when you take a picture that little gold mickey pops up in the bottom right corner of the camera and that seems to mean it is counted so I have to go back through all the lands and try to retake them.

I think it only works if you delete the picture you have just like it first though, because I did that once. It could have been coincidence and I hope so because having to delete the pics and then retake them can be expensive. Guess I will have to find out.

cobbler
05-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Also here is a list of what Mickeys there are so far. This is only 40 listed so there are 10 more that I can't remember where right now. If I remember I will add

2 in the emporium
1 on main street
one in VMK
2 in central plaza
1 in castle hub area (where walt and Mickey statue is)
2 in castle fireworks game
2 in castle gardens
2 in banquet hall
2 in the dungeon
2 in the spellroom
2 in storybookland
2 in small world imports
1 in snow white forest
1 in fantasyland sky
2 in matterhorn
1 in priates game
1 in shrunken neds
1 in pirates treehouse
2 on jungle cruise game dock
2 lost safari party
2 explorers tent
2 in forbidden temple
2 in tiki island
1 elephant bath
1 in a monorail

That makes 40. I know there is at least one in the music game lobby where you dance but I will have to go through and see if I can remember where the other 9-10 are.

liznboys
05-28-2005, 08:50 AM
Karibeth19, marypops! and cobbler, thanks for all the info! :) This game is so fun. I got my dh into it last night. :teeth:

DisneyObsessive
05-28-2005, 08:50 AM
im thinking im going to just dress my character in all green, and then maybe someone will be smart enough to say something lol. i have no idea WHAT my character name is, the first one i chose was taken, so i wont give you guys a name until i can get one thats officially mine!

marypops!
05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
has anyone had it when they can't transport anywhere and the whole bottom won't work?
i get it when you go in someones teleporter and it leaads noowhere
i've found out that if you play a game it will work again

BeckWhy
05-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Ok, I'm basically going to be repeating what the other guy said.. but I know where a couple of the Mickeys are that he didn't.

There is one at all of these places:
VMK Central
Main Street
Town Square
Adventureland Bazaar
Shrunken Ned's
Pirate Game
Treehouse
Elephant Bath
Fantasy in the Sky
Snow White
and the Courtyard infront of the Castle (where Mickey & Walt are)

there are two in the following:
Emporium
Music Room
Central Plaza
Jungle Cruise
Dungeon
Forbidden Temple
Tent room
Safari Room
Tiki Room
Spell Room
Storybook room
It's a Small World
Matter Horn
Banquet Hall
Sleeping Beauty's Gallery
the Fireworks game
and the Castle Gardens

I haven't found the one on the monorail yet.

marypops!
05-28-2005, 10:33 AM
im so bored
anyone on the game
meet me at the central plaza

BeckWhy
05-28-2005, 10:37 AM
I just found a second Mickey in Town Square!

marypops!
05-28-2005, 11:13 AM
the hidden mickey on the monorail is at the front next to the screen

cobbler
05-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I am in my room. Sage's relaxing room. Just trying to decide how to layout my room if anyone wants to drop by!

mtakac
05-28-2005, 11:29 AM
has anyone had it when they can't transport anywhere and the whole bottom won't work?
i get it when you go in someones teleporter and it leaads noowhere
i've found out that if you play a game it will work again

Yes! Me too!!! I have a teleporter in my room and the other half in my husbands so unless we're on at the same time it doesn't work and I get stuck. Thanks for helping me pinpoint it. I knew this only happened in my room. Unfortunately, I haven't found that my icons at the bottom will work again if I keep playing. I've had to just log out and back in.

BeckWhy
05-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Found Two MORE!

When yoru in the Castle Forcourt.. go into Frontierland.. it will take you to Diamond Horseshoe Store thing...

There are two in there!

BeckWhy
05-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Found one in Star Traders shop

marypops!
05-28-2005, 12:12 PM
i got it again
i went to a teleporter but the other side wasn't put down so my thing didn't come up
then someone from here said hello to me but i couldn't reply
so sorry to the person who said hello
my name was wdwlover

my signature was hey everyone :) im from the dis boards how about you?

jcemom
05-28-2005, 12:58 PM
I can't find the mickey in the monorail station...???

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
05-28-2005, 01:00 PM
wheres the monorail station?

jcemom
05-28-2005, 01:03 PM
There's one behind the dragon in the dungeon, one in town square under the train station, and one in the forbidden temple inside the skull.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
05-28-2005, 01:04 PM
ok i found the station, by the way im Mr. Mouse in the game, maybe we should do a dis boards meetup for a bit?

pumpkinfish
05-28-2005, 04:01 PM

It's actually in the monorail itself, above the big screen. :)

Blueeyes101817
05-28-2005, 04:03 PM
okay guys..i gotta ask...is the whole point to walk around with the camera and get pictures of mickeys? im so confused :) where do i get a camera!

pumpkinfish
05-28-2005, 04:07 PM
It's actually in the monorail itself, above the big screen. :)

Sorry, wrong person, but the monorail stations are: Under the railroad bridge and in the skull at Forbidden Temple in Adventureland.

kareneast
05-28-2005, 04:30 PM
okay guys..i gotta ask...is the whole point to walk around with the camera and get pictures of mickeys? im so confused :) where do i get a camera!
You can purchase a camera at VMK Central on Main Street.

LeanaSpin
05-28-2005, 04:31 PM
We are trying to get in, but it's closed :sad2:

Anyone in there right now? Does it close if it is too full??

Oh well..

Come join us at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VirtualMagicKingdom/

mickeysaver
05-28-2005, 05:12 PM
VMK has been closed for about an hour now. I don't know why they are closed, but when it shut down, it said it would reopen in 1043 minutes. So, we are waiting for tomorrow, I guess. I love this game, it's so addictive. Even for an old Pumbaa like me. Maggie

lillykat
05-28-2005, 05:23 PM
I have 45 or 46 of the hidden mickey's so far - I am Lillykat

Terry S
05-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Wow that many Hidden Mickeys, I only have 30. Are there 2 in every room?

jcemom
05-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm akajcemom...I've got 48 Mickey's. :cool1:

Someone posted a list a page or two back with how many Mickey's are in each room.

Terry S
05-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I am PinkTink on the game! My kids are both signed up to so I don't get much time on.

nmudisneyfan
05-28-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm jameslynn on it. I have 30 hidden mickeys so far.
I've even gotten my dfi addicted to it too!

DisneyObsessive
05-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Got my name approved! Im CindysSlipper!

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi all. I'm "Bezoar" at VMK, the lime green guy wearing the lime green shirt with a D on it. :)

I've said hello to a few of the people here at VMK (sage, wdwlover, a few "Guests", ReggieB, and some others). I can't remember who the DIS Beach Club VMK'er is, but I ran into you as well, but you must have been AFK (or just ignoring me ;) )

Got all 50 mickeys, and received a Gold Mortimer pin and 500 credits for it. Trying out the games now, but am kind of terrible at them.

See you over there!

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Incidentally, regarding the locations of the hidden mickeys: there are rumors that they plan on changing the locations of the hidden mickeys fairly regularly (perhaps even daily), which makes sense if they want to keep the total at 50, and haven't even opened Tomorrowland and Frontierland yet.

So, it might not make too much sense to go to the trouble of compiling lists in too much detail quite yet. :)

What am I going to do about my VMK addiction until they reopen? :(

DVCLady
05-28-2005, 07:24 PM
oh no its closed. :sad2: I got 45 mickey's now still looking for the last few. Does each location have 2 mickey's? I haven't found another one in snow white's hide and seek. I'm so addicted..LOL. Anyone know when the other land's are going to open?

I have "Disney home is Beach Club" and Dis on my profile. I couldn't put disney vacation club member. If it was me and I didn't respond, it was probably cause I was afk. :teeth:

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 07:28 PM
oh no its closed. :sad2: I got 45 mickey's now still looking for the last few. Does each location have 2 mickey's? I haven't found another one in snow white's hide and seek. I'm so addicted..LOL. Anyone know when the other land's are going to open?

I have "Disney home is Beach Club" and Dis on my profile. I couldn't put disney vacation club member. If it was me and I didn't respond, it was probably cause I was afk. :teeth:
Not all the rooms have two: they can have won or too ;) . If I recall correctly, Snow White's hide and seek only has one.

I'm in the process of joining DVC at the Boardwalk Villas -- my "room" at VMK is called "Under the boardwalk", but it has no furnishings right now... I'm not much of a home decorator. I asked the VMK people to add DVC and villa to their dictionary.

BeckWhy
05-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I'll clarify some comments or questions.

Some rooms only have ONE hidden Mickey. Most rooms have two though.

So far none of the hidden Mickeys have moved. But there is a bug in the system where it doesn't count all the pictures you take as hidden Mickeys.

Lastly, if the park closes it will say how many hours until it opens the next day at 10:00 am EST. BUT the park could open before then (it can shut down for maintanance, no CMs around, etc). So it can open back up even though it says, closed for X minutes.

Understand?

DVCLady
05-28-2005, 07:38 PM
you can stop by my room Snow White plaza. I have a lot of things in it. Looks more like a tea party then a plaza...LOL. They play the unbirthday song in the background, but we can't type it.

CinamonToast is my character, she is all dressed in lime green. Even the lime green goofy hat. :rotfl:

ReggieB
05-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi all. I'm "Bezoar" at VMK, the lime green guy wearing the lime green shirt with a D on it. :)

I've said hello to a few of the people here at VMK (sage, wdwlover, a few "Guests", ReggieB, and some others). I can't remember who the DIS Beach Club VMK'er is, but I ran into you as well, but you must have been AFK (or just ignoring me ;) )

Got all 50 mickeys, and received a Gold Mortimer pin and 500 credits for it. Trying out the games now, but am kind of terrible at them.

See you over there!

I will vouch for "Bezoar" being a very lovely all over lime green color, I'm sure if you could pick underwear out it would have been lime green too. The guy could only have been made by a Dis member!!!

jcemom
05-28-2005, 08:16 PM
:) LOL...I could not bring myself to choose the lime green skin, but I'm wearing a lime green shirt...the one with the big 'D' on the front.

JeanJoe
05-28-2005, 08:22 PM
:) LOL...I could not bring myself to choose the lime green skin, but I'm wearing a lime green shirt...the one with the big 'D' on the front.
I've gotten some comments... From the straightforward "You are green?" to "You don't look so good." And when I sat down next to someone on a bench, I've gotten "Are you going to get sick? Let me know so I can move!"

I told them the Jungle Cruise was a bit much for me. It's not easy being green...

lfama
05-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Do any computer-literate people know what port is used to access VMK? I need to know so that I can configure my router so that it allows access to this port so I can play. Thanks! :-)

mtakac
05-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Do any computer-literate people know what port is used to access VMK? I need to know so that I can configure my router so that it allows access to this port so I can play. Thanks! :-)

Check your logs and see what port is being denied.

marypops!
05-29-2005, 05:19 AM

See you over there!

i think you might of been the person who said hello to me in the fireworks game (im wdwlover) i didn't say hello back because i went through one of the teleporters and my bottom part just wouldn't work but i found out that you if you play a game it will stop it.

so if you were then sorry

goofy4tink
05-29-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm green also!!! I do look a little queasy I guess, but that's okay. Wearing a Tinkerbell shirt, of course!! Name is tink-mom. I'm not so good at any of it. I can't see my buttons at the bottom of the page. Have to figure out a way to see it.

pumpkinfish
05-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Arghh....it is still closed! What gives?!? I need to feed my addiction! :goodvibes :banana: :earseek:

JeanJoe
05-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm green also!!! I do look a little queasy I guess, but that's okay. Wearing a Tinkerbell shirt, of course!! Name is tink-mom. I'm not so good at any of it. I can't see my buttons at the bottom of the page. Have to figure out a way to see it.
This suggestion almost certainly will NOT help you, but I had the same problem initially, BUT I use a Mac (which I bet you don't ;) ).

Anyway, I also lost a bit of the bottom or top of the screen, and frequently couldn't resize the window. I found that if I kept on closing and reopening the login screen until I DID get a "resize window" handle, I could then stretch the window big enough to see the whole screen. Much better for finding those hidden mickeys :)

lillykat
05-29-2005, 09:42 AM
I can't get in today for some reason. I have broadband and tried both IE and Mozilla but for some reason it says open but when I sign it I get one of a few things: It loads dictionary and all but then a blank screen, or a time out, or a you have been disconnected. Never happened to me before today.

Anyone else getting on?

cobbler
05-29-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm in right now.

lillykat
05-29-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah I finally got in

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 10:26 AM
okay my name was approved..im jenblueeyes

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 10:34 AM
anyone playing now?

marypops!
05-29-2005, 10:34 AM
hello everyone
im on again
remember im wdwlover

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 10:41 AM
im sooo bad at finding hiddne mickeys--ive found 1

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 10:43 AM
i just met a DISEr..jollyjulie!

cobbler
05-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm on right now. I am in my room Sage's Relaxing room. I am publishing photos in my book so you can stop by if you want to visit.

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 11:05 AM
i have no idea how to get to places..i mjusut learning lol

marypops!
05-29-2005, 11:12 AM
ok here's where at least 10 hidden mickeys are in the game:
1. the yellow poster in the emporium
2. the bottom right hand corner of the left tower in the castle forecourt
3. on the top left side of the matterhorn in fantasyland in the sky
4. above the foorway to the yeti in the matterhorn
5. on the bottom right of the pirate skull flag in shrunken ned's shop
6. next to the waterfall in the explorers tent
7. on the left wall close to the window in the golden horseshoe
8. on the balcony in the golden horseshoe
9. at the top right hand corner of the star traders shop
10. next to the left speaker of the screen at the front on the monorail (inside it)

hope that helps

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 11:20 AM
thanks---im going around now..i found 4..now im searcing for yours :0

caribear
05-29-2005, 11:28 AM
I finally have 40 hidden mickeys, but I can't remember which ones I found! I am trying to go through all of them and see if I can figure it out!!

This is too addicting!!

marypops!
05-29-2005, 11:30 AM
remember
if it has a gold mickey in the bottom right of the photo that means it's new

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 11:46 AM
im addicted--its official

marypops!
05-29-2005, 11:46 AM
10 more hidden mickeys
1. on the frozen waterfall in the matterhorn
2. on the lighter flag with the red cross in the banquet hall
3. next to the waterfall in the castle gardens
4. on the broken sail closest to the plank in the pirate treehouse
5. on the bridge in the forbidden temple
6. on the back wall close to the statues in tiki tiki tiki island
7. on the tree closest to the bottom left of the screen in the central plaza
8. on the top left of the roof in the main street music game
9. on the train station platform (under the shadow) in town square
10. on the red brick wall next to the vmk central sign on main street

hope that helped more
:teeth:

marypops!
05-29-2005, 11:48 AM
oh blueeyes i saw you in the matterhorn but when i realised it was you, you had already left

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 11:53 AM
are you wdwlover?

marypops!
05-29-2005, 11:59 AM
yep
im wdwlover

jcemom
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I've got 46 Mickeys and I cannot find any more. :confused3 I've looked and looked...and then looked again. I have not found the one on the monorail that a couple of DISers have mentioned. I looked above, below, on, and all around that big screen at all three monorail stations...no Mickey. :earsboy:

jcemom
05-29-2005, 12:16 PM
The Mickeys I have found are located in:

Adventureland Bazaar (1)
Elephant Bath (1)
Pirate Game (1)
Treehouse (1)
Shrunken Ned's (1)
Fantasyland in the Sky (1)
Snow White's (1)
Castle Forecourt (1)
Main Street (1)
VMK Central (1)
Star Traders (1)

Tiki Room (2)
Safari Room (2)
Tent Room (2)
Jungle Cruise (2)
Forbidden Temple (2)
Spell Room (2)
Dungeon (2)
Small World (2)
Storybook Room (2)
Gallery (2)
Banquet Hall (2)
Matterhorn (2)
Fireworks Game (2)
Castle Gardens (2)
Emporium (2)
Town Square (2)
Central Plaza (2)
Music Game Room (2)
Golden Horseshoe Mercantile (2)

Edited: Updated to include all 50 Mickeys...at least for now! :flower:

marypops!
05-29-2005, 12:19 PM
it's not at the monorail stations, it's ON the monorail
at the front of the monorail (when you're inside, there is a screen with speakers at the front) it's to the
left of the left speaker and up a bit

jcemom
05-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Oh, no wonder I couldn't find it, LOL. Thanks.

I also found one in Star Traders.

kareneast
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I've got 46 Mickeys and I cannot find any more. :confused3 I've looked and looked...and then looked again. I have not found the one on the monorail that a couple of DISers have mentioned. I looked above, below, on, and all around that big screen at all three monorail stations...no Mickey. :earsboy:
It is not at a monorail station...you have to get on the monorail. It is in there. Good Luck! :banana:

caribear
05-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Has anyone found a mickey at the music game or firework game lobby? Thanks!!

cobbler
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Yes in the music game it is on the roof near the flag and the jazz sign, and the other one is where the people play their music, the sign right above them, its behind the sign.

THe fireworks game they are on the castle towers, one is on tower one and the other is on a tower on the right hand side of the screen.

I finally got all 50. I went around and re-snapped pictures I already had because I knew I had found them all, and some must not have registered the first time because it finally popped up that I got all 50 Mickeys. I have the gold pin and 500 credits. Enough to buy me a new room :)

nmudisneyfan
05-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok, I've gotten the pins from the Yeti, Shrunken Ned, the dragon, and the fortune teller. And I'm getting my pins from playing the games.
How do I get the other pins? I see people with cool ones and want to get some of my own.

cobbler
05-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Ok, I've gotten the pins from the Yeti, Shrunken Ned, the dragon, and the fortune teller. And I'm getting my pins from playing the games.
How do I get the other pins? I see people with cool ones and want to get some of my own.

Some pins you earn, some pins you buy. When you go into the shops you can buy pins there.

There is the Emporium shop, Shrunken Neds Shop, Small world traders and Trader Joes in tomorrowland. Oh and VMK central where you get the camera. Once you have been to all of them and clicked on the cash register then you don't have to go back there to do any shopping, you can just click the shop icon at the bottom in your toolbar and shop at anystore no matter where you are at.

caribear
05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks cobbler!!! :earsboy: It says I have 46 mickeys...guess I need to go through my pictures and see what I am missing.

cobbler
05-29-2005, 12:59 PM
You can go anywhere without having to wander from scene to scene. Just click on the little globe/world icon in your toolbar and then you can click on VMK to look at the main map (which is at the top of the screen) then you can click on each land to get that lands detailed map and click anywhere you want to go.

The gallery is in Fantasyland.

marypops!
05-29-2005, 01:00 PM
on the right wall next to the stained glass window
and the left wall next to the stained glass window

caribear
05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh my!! I just realized you can click on the top of the map screen to go to any room!! :sad2:

Thanks again for everyone's help!!

jcemom
05-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Woo Hoo! I've got all 50! :cool1:

Laugh O. Grams
05-29-2005, 01:13 PM
Forgive me...but i just don't get it. I'm walking around without a clue of what I'm doing. Maybe I need to read the instructions?

marypops!
05-29-2005, 01:18 PM
anyone know how to get the things like peter pan costume, astronaut helmet, etc.???

caribear
05-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I have all 50 now too!! I am trying to create a Poly room, but I can't find any tiki furniture!

Not sure about the costumes. I am still trying to figure most of this game out. Still have no clue about magic pins or what to do now that I have all 50 mickeys.

Claire4dpins
05-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have advice about what to do if you have found all 50 Mickeys - but it says you haven't?
I definately have all 50 - but it says I have 48 - what should I do?
Thanks for any advice,
Claire
I'm Willow in the game.

marypops!
05-29-2005, 02:06 PM
search for the ones you have again and take their pictures. If they don't have the gold mickey at the bottom then cancel it

Terry S
05-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Okay, I only have 49 mickeys, according to the list here there are 2 on Mainstreet and I only see the one in the red brick of VMK Central. Where is the other one please help!

Claire4dpins
05-29-2005, 02:28 PM
So they will have the gold Mickey a seond time if they didn't get counted the first time?
I know each of them had the gold Mickey when I took them.
I guess I will give it a try.
Thanks for the help Marypops.

jcemom
05-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Okay, I only have 49 mickeys, according to the list here there are 2 on Mainstreet and I only see the one in the red brick of VMK Central. Where is the other one please help!
I only found one on Main Street.

Adventureland Bazaar (1)
Elephant Bath (1)
Pirate Game (1)
Treehouse (1)
Shrunken Ned's (1)
Fantasyland in the Sky (1)
Snow White's (1)
Castle Forecourt (1)
Main Street (1)
VMK Central (1)
Star Traders (1)

Tiki Room (2)
Safari Room (2)
Tent Room (2)
Jungle Cruise (2)
Forbidden Temple (2)
Spell Room (2)
Dungeon (2)
Small World (2)
Storybook Room (2)
Gallery (2)
Banquet Hall (2)
Matterhorn (2)
Fireworks Game (2)
Castle Gardens (2)
Emporium (2)
Town Square (2)
Central Plaza (2)
Music Game Room (2)
Golden Horseshoe Mercantile (2)

Terry S
05-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Okay according to your list there are two in the music game room. Where is the 2nd one. I have the one on the roof. Thank you so much in advance!

marypops!
05-29-2005, 02:43 PM
the other one is above you when you play your music

Terry S
05-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Thank you sooooo much. I got that one now. Unfortunatly, it is not registering I have 50 so I will have to go back and retake them I guess! This should be fun! And costly!

marypops!
05-29-2005, 02:51 PM
does anyone have any more codes for the game?
done the 500 credits one but i need more
please???

nmudisneyfan
05-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks cobbler! I just went and bought a ton of pins.
I also just found all 50 mickeys! Thanks for the list jcemom. Now I have to go help DFi with finding the rest of his.

marypops!
05-29-2005, 03:31 PM
hey everyone search mickeysmagic
she has msade a room for us all to meet in
im there right now

LoriR
05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi,

I'm mickeysmagic in VMK. It won't let me type my Dis name there! lol

I made a "DIS" room with as many green things as I could buy.

Hope to see you there sometime. :goodvibes

Lori

marypops!
05-29-2005, 04:15 PM
somethings going wrong
everytime i leave my room for i while i come abck and my velvet ropes and my rocket chairs keep facing a different way then the way i put them
help

Claire4dpins
05-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Marypops! I had the same thing happen with my piano it would not say put. I kept trying different postions in the room - I think I have found one now where it doesn't seem to move. You could just try different positions.

disneymom3
05-29-2005, 04:20 PM
Okay according to your list there are two in the music game room. Where is the 2nd one. I have the one on the roof. Thank you so much in advance!

As I recall there is also one on top of one of the square trees.

marypops!
05-29-2005, 04:28 PM
my velvet ropes move when i want them to use as a block so i go through my turnstiles

lillykat
05-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I have all 50 mickey's now!

marypops!
05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
anyone who i can speak too is anyone on
(of course)
im getting bored
i wanna do something
like find more hidden mickeys
but i've found then all

lillykat
05-29-2005, 04:57 PM
I have figured out how to transport between my rooms - It works for me but not others it appears

marypops!
05-29-2005, 05:01 PM
how do you do that?

lillykat
05-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Well I have two rooms and I bought a transporter and so it works for me where I can go from one room to my other room - but it appears that only I can do that

marypops!
05-29-2005, 05:17 PM
i have a teleporter too and it works for me and others

lillykat
05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
come into my room - tropical tiki beach - and show me how to get it to work - is the transporter both in ONE room or between two?

MommyBoo!
05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
OK, I'm Sahmy and I was just talking to SouthernBelle and Colleen (game names) and I got knocked off. Gonna try again after I get my kids set up on the laptop.

Blueeyes101817
05-29-2005, 05:27 PM
i came in..you left :(

lillykat
05-29-2005, 05:31 PM
i came in..you left :(
come back i was fixing my transporter