PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Magic Kingdom Game (Beta Launch)

netposer
05-24-2005, 07:59 PM
"The virtual space allows you to game some of the popular Magic Kindom rides, such as Pirates and Jungle Cruise. From the launch site: "For a limited time you can be one of the first Guests to live inside Disney's new online multi-Player game. Create your own adventures, control your Character and interact with Players from around the globe! Share thrilling competitions, exciting adventures and endless interactive Disney magic on the Internet. Help us make this online world a better place to play!"

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=VMKHomePage

JonetteA
05-24-2005, 10:48 PM
This is really alot of fun to play.. I am really really enjoying it. I wish I could get paid to play this game.

Sarangel
05-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Actually, there's been a thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=8663899) about this since 5/10/05. Check it out to see what others have said about this beta release.

Sarangel

Lil_Tink
05-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Very impressive site.!

SonofShine
05-30-2005, 11:58 PM
this site is sooo fun :) My personal favorite part of this game is the Pirates of the Caribbean section :)

SAKPEG99OKW
06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
thank you so much. Very, very cool.

titan247
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree! Very fun game! :Pinkbounc

YoHo
06-03-2005, 03:00 PM
It's fun if you ignore the fact that it was coded by brain dead monkeys. It makes a mockery of good beta Software everywhere. I'd rather play Ultima Online the first week after initial release...................Man but it is addicting though.

titan247
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
I've been trying to get on the high score list for the Castle Fireworks. Can't manage it yet though. :(

tubachick
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Cool, I had checked out this site a couple of times before, but it must have been down temp. Thanks for reminding me.

SonofShine
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Hehe. I beat the PotC game level 3 ten times and i got a special surprise!!!! I now walk around WMK proudly sporting my invisibility magic...it is sooo fun ^-^

bevgray
06-04-2005, 07:43 PM
That once the Beta testing is done and the Virtual Magic Kingdom goes "live" you will be able to download "quests" to take at the actual Disney World and Disneyland parks.

I'm hoping that as the game "builds" they will add other parks like Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney Sea...not as much fun as going but for those of us who don't live near the parks, this is a nice way of keeping "pixie dusted".

FANTASMIC!
06-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I was dissapionted when half the people I talked to didn' tkno wwhat WDW was! I was shocked! But it is a very fun game and it's free!

titan247
06-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Hehe. I beat the PotC game level 3 ten times and i got a special surprise!!!! I now walk around WMK proudly sporting my invisibility magic...it is sooo fun ^-^

I'm still trying to win at that game for the first time! :badpc:

ScroogesNephew
06-06-2005, 09:35 AM
It is fun. My main challenge is to see if I can always score the lowest in fireworks. I try to see how many 'oops' I can hit.

titan247
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM
It is fun. My main challenge is to see if I can always score the lowest in fireworks. I try to see how many 'oops' I can hit.

:teeth:

Sounds like me and the POTC game.

aeryn
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm totally addicted to VMK... It's great. What's annoying is that you can't use punctuation or pretty much any normal words when you are chatting. I tried to say "I love this game" and it dropped cause of the word "love"

Good grief. Here's to hoping they tweak their "dictionary" to be a little more reasonable.

SonofShine
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm still trying to win at that game for the first time! :badpc:

you'll beat it eventually. Even though PotC is easy for me the Castle Fireworks is a pain in the neck!

YoHo
06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
The dictionary is getting worse not better.

titan247
06-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree about the dictionary. Why do they not allow numbers?

Perhaps they're afraid people will exchange phone numbers?

SonofShine
06-07-2005, 12:22 PM
phone numbers,zip codes,addresses,birthdays,anything having to do with you and numbers lol

lajones81
06-15-2005, 10:05 PM

:rotfl2:

I think I should adopt this as my new strategy in life...always aim low! ;)

Luv2Roam
06-15-2005, 10:19 PM
I stated playing last week. Tonight the PotC game was very slow and choppy for me. When I played against other players I lost -- badly. So I started games right away and did fine. It was still delayed and choppy, but not near as bad.
I had DH create his character at Main St Cinema. I thought he would get a special virtual pin for being born in the park. But I could not tell he got anything any different than I did.
The park Quests supposedly started Monday. I plan to spend Saturday morning on a MK Quest. :cool1:
I am looking forward to when the live version starts June 20.
And I think marketing has come up with a good idea -- VMK merchandise, that can be worn live and on-line by the character. :3dglasses
Now only if they would have an VMK Buzz Lightyear ride! :banana:
And I was told by a CM the reason for no numbers is so guests cannot exchange phone and pager numbers. They don't want personal information discussed.
I think words are removed in the vocabulary as soon as people learn how to use some to get around the rules.
Heart is used for Love, as an example.

SonofShine
06-15-2005, 11:28 PM
The park Quests supposedly started Monday. I plan to spend Saturday morning on a MK Quest. :cool1:

The quests at WDW have already started :) but you don't get a free tour if you get them all right until VMK officially opens :)

EDIT: There are tons of quests now, just so every who happens to be reading knows...Beta had been long gone for some time now!

Luv2Roam
06-16-2005, 08:14 AM
ooo... Best to wait then -- or do them again :rotfl:. Thanks! :wave2:

Azure
11-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Too bad the Beta is all over!

pumpkinfish
11-05-2005, 06:32 PM
:goodvibes

I am glad that this thread came back up...brings back memories of the good 'ol days, you know??

When we all hung out on street corners
When Fireworks Magic and Invisibility Magic were the hottest thing to have
When EVERYONE owned a piece of BETA furniture
When we walked down Main Street having parades
When we were lucky to even have 50 friends in our friends list
When I could play fireworks and actually score 240,000 (don't even ask how terrible I am at this now :( )

...yup, sure does take me back. Anyone else thinks it feels like years we have been playing VMK? :rotfl:

Azure
11-05-2005, 06:33 PM
*Laugh* I brought up this thread and we should all share memories and cheerish this thread for the person who started it was brilliant! And a new game was born!

SonofShine
11-05-2005, 08:25 PM

I am glad that this thread came back up...brings back memories of the good 'ol days, you know??

When I could play fireworks and actually score 240,000 (don't even ask how terrible I am at this now :( )

...yup, sure does take me back. Anyone else thinks it feels like years we have been playing VMK? :rotfl:

-sighs- back in my day we didn't have none of them fancy pants gizmos and gadgets and of course no mules! But you have to take the good with the bad i guess..The last celebration was awesome! -cheers are heard in background- ;)

Captain Brain
11-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Yeah,I miss beta.

1:My BFF was RoyalHighness(still very close)
2:Thinking yavn was a robot
3:actualy playing jungle cruise
4:standing on street corners.
5:Thinking that fireworks magic was the best thing around.

Those were the days...

It feels like I've been playing for years!!

ScroogesNephew
11-06-2005, 10:01 AM
. . . an all-time low the other day playing fireworks. Played the entire game blindfolded and still managed 200 points.

SonofShine
11-06-2005, 01:42 PM
. . . an all-time low the other day playing fireworks. Played the entire game blindfolded and still managed 200 points.

LOL that is better than i do when i play it without a blindfold! ;)

Someybody
11-06-2005, 02:02 PM
uh what the.people are posting in this today when this post was made in um MAY!

tolkien7
11-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I guess someone could ask you why you post on every single thread.

Someybody
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I guess someone could ask you why you post on every single thread.
good question.I still have no answer

Captain Brain
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
good question.I still have no answer
Could you slow down with the posting for a while?I know I have already pointed this out to you but,just a friendly reminder.

Tolkien7(sp):i was glad that you brought that up.:)

ScroogesNephew
11-06-2005, 08:49 PM
. . . he's actually The Bloody Red Baron. He keeps runnin' up the score!

SonofShine
11-07-2005, 05:11 PM
uh what the.people are posting in this today when this post was made in um MAY!

Thats just how awesome VMK is! lol:sunny:

Someybody
11-07-2005, 09:39 PM
yea i agree

darkacre
11-12-2006, 06:27 PM
It's fun to go back and read the beginning of these really old threads.