View Full Version : Question

05-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know what degree you need to get to be an Imagineer for Disney (like more ride concept and design than how the actual pieces of track go together)?

05-22-2005, 01:13 PM
There is no one degree you need to be an imagineer; many of them have very different degrees, but something in engineering or architecture couldn't hurt, especially if you combined it with art, design or history. Know how to put things together, and know how to research, too.

You might read these articles; they give a little more comprehensive direction and advice:

Theme Park Design: How do I get started? (http://www.themedattraction.com/design.htm)

Interview with Eddie Sotto, Former Vice President of Concept Design at WDI (http://www.themedattraction.com/sotto.htm)

05-22-2005, 01:53 PM
My brother's brother-in-law has asipred to be an Imagineer for years - be prepared for a challenging fight for a job. He got his degree in engineering, I believe, and managed to get an internship out at Disneyland. However, it wasn't quite the position he wanted/needed to be an actual Imagineer, so he was unable to climb the policital ladder to get a position.

The best course of action I would take would be to find someone who *is* an Imagineer and ask them what they did and how they got their job. Hope this gives some insight, albeit not that helpful.

05-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks for your advice and the websites. I really appreciate it.