PDA

View Full Version : ticker help needed

Rock'n Robin
05-19-2005, 05:34 PM
I remember when I had a countdown that I pasted the info generated into my signature. Well I decided to try to get one of those "tickerfactory" tickers. I generated one, copied the URL, and pasted it into my signature--only to get a link to the ticker, not the ticker itself. I've gotten rid of it now, but what's the best way to set one of these babies up?
Robin M.

Caskbill
05-20-2005, 01:14 AM
At Tickerfactory.com, after you create your ticker, you'll see 4 different sets of code. You need to select the code labeled bbCode. You need everything beginning with and ending with

Cut and paste that into your signature and you're all set.

The code in front of the [img] code, that begins with [url... isn't really necessary, but you can copy it too if you want. It will make your ticker a link that someone can click on to get to TickerFactory.com. If you do copy the [url... code, then be sure to also copy the [/url] closing tag. (It may not be visible in the code box without using the scroll bars). Often people miss getting the closing tag and then the URL address actually appears in their signature, which is undesirable.

Grumpy_4_me
05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
This should help---> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=776020