PDA

View Full Version : Lots Of Frustrated DISers! Webmasters PLEASE respond!

allie5
05-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Nearly all of us on the UK board are experiencing terrible problems with the DIS. I made a post earlier today, and have had a ton of replies from others with the same problems.

I can access and post on the boards FINE in the morning (UK time), but come mid to late afternoon (Im guessing when America wakes up!!) I am having BIG problems.

The boards take an age to load, when I post a thread, it sticks about half way. If I try reposting, then half the time the ORGINAL post I tried to make has managed to post itself after all (even though it stuck on the loading page)! Its driving me NUTS!

Also, Im getting up to 3 email responses for replies to threads (I like to have this option switched on, but it is clogging my inbox getting the same reply notification 3 times for each post).

All the other sites I use are fine and we have a very fast 1meg broadband connection.

After browsing the Tech thread, it appears that US DISers are also experiencing problems. I really want to keep using the site, but its becoming impossible after 2pm UK time (9am EST).

Can we get an answer to this please???? There are a lot of unhappy campers who would appreciate a response....if we know its something that is being dealt with, then we can all work through it.

Thanks.

Allie :badpc: (on behalf of the UK board!!)

Orginal post here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=818991

gilld
05-19-2005, 11:10 AM
As well as the problems describes by Allie above, this morning , and on several other days, I simply wasn't "allowed" access for over two hours...saying "Database not found". What's happening please?

WebmasterCricket
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM
It is being looked into by people smarter than I am.

That's all I know.

Tink3rb3ll
05-19-2005, 04:56 PM
It is being looked into by people smarter than I am.

That's all I know.

Thanks... I'm having the same problems ::yes::

betterlatethannever
05-19-2005, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=WebmasterCricket]It is being looked into by people smarter than I am...QUOTE]

:confused: :confused:

Is that even possible. :teeth:

Ed

WebmasterAlex
05-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I have v-bulletin experts, linux experts, web server experts and mysql experts looking and so far, things are way better but still not great

we are working on it

off to neverland
05-19-2005, 07:16 PM
So, Alex, who pays for that? The Timeshare Store? They deserve a big thanks, as well as you, for all the time and effort......... We appreciate it so much!

allie5
05-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the response. Happy to know you guys are aware of the problems.

Will stick with it - though I think I have noticed an improvement already.

Would more sponsors help? I would be interested, and maybe some others over on the UK board would be too - why not run a little campaign, as its unclear where we sign up!

Thanks again.

Allie