PDA

View Full Version : No Fantasmic!!! Oh, No!!!

chloesmommi
08-19-2001, 08:59 PM
I'm just venting my frustration at some erronious info I was given 2 months ago by a Cast Member at DL regarding the Fantasmic schedule. I was advised that Fantasmic would be shown at least once per night during the month of September. We are going Sept. 4-7. I just viewed the schedule on the DL website and Fantasmic is not showing at all after Labor Day. I called DL just to make sure the info is correct and, sure enough, no Fantasmic shows. I know every attraction has to go down at some time for rehab, but CM's should be careful about giving out incorrect info to people planning a DL trip. Had I known 2 months ago, I would probably have planned differently. Oh well, just venting!

TigerBear
08-19-2001, 10:18 PM
Sorry chloesmommi! I would be upset too:( :mad: :( :mad:

raidermatt
08-20-2001, 12:19 PM
That is a bummer.

Two things that might help in the future...

1- No CM knows for sure about an attraction 2 months in advance. That's why there's always a disclaimer in any posted schedules. Of course the CM should have qualified there statement to you by saying something like "nothing is guaranteed".

2- If you go after Labor Day, the chances are pretty good that some attractions will be down. Its the trade-off for going after the peak crowds. That and the shorter hours...

kgbmp
09-05-2001, 06:35 PM
The Haunted Mansion will be closed as well as the Materhorn and some others. I am beginning to rethink paying $43 X 4 for the privielge of going into DL in September. For the amount of things that will be closed I do think they should reduce the admission charge.

Miss Jasmine
09-06-2001, 07:41 AM
That's too bad about Fantasmic. It's a wonderful show and a lot different from the MGM version.

I, too, was disappointed when I made my first Disneyland trip in May and did not get to ride the Matterhorn. Oh well, there's something to look forward to next time we go.