PDA

View Full Version : Leaving 5/27 - anyone received tags yet?

crzy4dals
05-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Just trying to see if anyone is leaving the same time and have received your tags yet?

Only 9 more days!!!!!!!

bytheblood
05-17-2005, 09:02 AM
When I called, since I am less than 21 days out, I was told that tags are now being sent out 10 days before. If you are going on the 27th, yours will be mailed today.

CK 1 and 2
05-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Just got mine and we leave May 25. Don't give up yet. They may still come. Looks like they are being shipped 9-10 days out. Good luck!

Corar
05-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I am leaving the 22nd and still havent gotten mine :sad2: !

I know its not the end of the world, it would just be nice to have 'em!

vascubaguy
05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Leaving May 28th and no tags. Mailing 10 days out? So that gives them a couple of days to get to AAA, then a couple more days to get to me.

Hrmmm... I just called my TA and she's on vacation... maybe she's at WDW getting my tags... :cool1: :crazy: :cool1:

TwirlerGirl
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
We're leaving on May 22nd. It's a MG of 18 and none of us has received our tags. I've called several times this week. My information is in the system but they can't tell me if the packets have been sent out. I'm not happy about it and don't know what to do.

Sandy

Corar
05-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Hey TwirlerGirl,
I am leaving the 22nd and I just got mine fedex today!!!
I was worried cause others had reported getting them, but they came. Keep hanging in there, I bet they will show up.

:cool1:

MamaMouse
05-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Leaving 5/24 - Just talked to my TA office. Luggage tags came in yesterday with all the correct information. Looks like we are all set to go!

::MickeyMo :cool1: :cheer2:

astrobooze
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
.......and still no tags....I haven't recieved anything actually from WDW except my confirmation receipts.....not even really sure if thats all I am supposed to recieve in the mail from them (besides the ME stuff).....

I am trying to be patient and hope that the ME tags will arrive preferrably before Friday....however....I guess I'll just have to roll with it if they don't.

VERY dissapointed by WDW's inability to give just the basic of information about what you will recieve and when you will recieve it. Maybe an email letting me know when it was shipped or an automated phone call. Walgreens can call me and let me know when my prescription is ready...why can't WDW call me and let me know the progress (or lack thereof) regarding ME mailings?

This board has been very helpful in the run up to my "stress free" (he says sarcastically) vacation at WDW....Perhaps the folks at WDW would be well served to come read this board sometime...they may learn something...

crzy4dals
05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
:cheer2: Mr. Fed Ex guy came this afternoon.

I actually got 2 packages. There is another couple coming with us but you would think they would plae them in one envelope.

This checks one more item off the list!
Now if I can just get my hands on one of those "misty mates"

Looks like they are getting better with the tags.....

I am going to DISNEY I am going to DISNEY :banana:

jiminy14
05-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I am leaving on the 26th and no tags yet. Called CRO last week and they have me in the system. If they are sending them out at the 10 day mark, then I should have them tomorrow if they are using FedEx two day service.

VickiVM
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
We leave next Wed, 25th and got my daughter's (5th person on reservation) on Sat and everyone else's today - FedEx.

Hey Crazy4Dals, I noticed you'll be at POR. We'll be there next Wed through the following Wed. Maybe we'll see ya there - there's 5 of us, my son (11) and my daughter (6) both wear glasses, my middle daughter (8) is the eyeglass police and harps on the other two since she doesn't wear glasses.

crzy4dals
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
VickiVM -
This is a surprise trip for my DS (6). We are picking him up at school and going straight to the airport..... Friends of ours are joining us this trip and DS will be shocked once more at the airport in Orlando when they walk up.

The packages I received today were for our friends transfers (everything exact) and the second had only DS transportation ticket and 4 baggage tickets. No problem with the baggage tickets as we are only taking 2 bags. But I called DME about the transfers - She said we actually might get yet another package. If not we will just go to the desk and get them.

Enjoy your trip!!!

tci1212
05-17-2005, 09:44 PM
:flower: We received ours today, we are leaving on the 24th. :banana:

Dunkeroo
05-17-2005, 10:19 PM
We are leaving Sunday 22 and we got our ME tags and stuff today from Fed Ex.

sixcats
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
We're leaving on the 27th. I booked 4 of our airfares thru Disney Travel. I booked DH on a different flight myself. Today fedex left 4 ME envelopes for him. Three had the correct flight info. One even had my name on the tags along with DH's. So far none for the rest of us. Our flight is earlier that day than DH's, but if worse comes to worse, I'll use the two tags with my name.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Just curious- you're talking about the special tags we're supposed to get for magical express transportation, right? I received yet another pkg from Disney World (booked our pkg this time through them- flight and everything... first time for me to do it that way) and it had tags in it- but the are the regular luggage tags... that come with the pkg.I don't think they are the ones they use for magical express.. those are supposed to have a bar code or something else on them right? These are just like ones we've received before- just picture on one side, fill in your info on the little form on the other side (name/address type info). Our trip is June 13th and I was wondering if I should call since I read something about the magical express "issues" (in the mousesavers newsletter I received recently). I guess I should wait since they are mailing them out 10 days before the trip? So I'm not quite there yet...

Unless someone can tell me how this works I'm going to have to call Disney about it. I'm real confused how the flight info works. I'm used to booking everything seperately MYSELF and booking the flight usually through expedia or travelocity myself. Well when I do that I'm able to pick the seats and get an e-ticket where I don't have to go through the lines at the airport and such. They don't do it that way with booking through disney I guess? I have to go through the lines to get a boarding pass and can't do that until we actually get there before the flight? I'm worried about that since it's me and 3 kids.. I wish I was able to get seating before the actual day of the flight. I'm worried about some of my kids (or all of us) sitting seperately or not near me. That's not going to work at all.. trust me folks. LOL

dizagain
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi!
We're leaving for WDW on the 25th...found my fed ex envelope on the porch today. Everything was correct and we each got two luggage tags. I had booked a town car in doubt of ME, but I think we'll go ahead and give it a shot...I'll let you guys know what happens! :flower:

Sally
05-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I got my tags today from Fed-Ex, and we are about 6 days out. I had almost given up hope on getting them.

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
So you get another pkg (not the one confirming everything for like the 3rd time now but also this time included the "normal" luggage tags that they send when you get a pkg even before the magical express started) closer to your trip date- and that includes luggage tags specifically for magical express?

Am I also reading this right that they are sending flight tickets?

sixcats
05-18-2005, 11:36 AM
I got e-ticket receipts from Disney Travel. I was able to choose my seats with WDtravel over the phone. The trip also shows up under my itinerary at my airline's site.

The Disney Magical Express booklet has you DME luggage tickets in it. Mine arrived via fedex today for a 5/27 trip. The bright yellow ME luggage tags are more peel off labels than tags.

Marc A.
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
We booked through American Airlines Vacation and got a letter with our park/resort tickets that we would not be getting the ME tags. Do you think we should call ME and ask if everyone else seems to be getting them why shouldn't we, or not worry about it at all?
We are leaving 5-26???
Please help!!!!
:confused3
::MickeyMo

barbnbrian
05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
We're leaving on 5/27 as well and still have not seen anything on DME at my door yet. I even opened my front door that we never use, just to double check if an envelope was left for us and, nope, nothing. I called awhile back to double check and yes we were in the system. I'm trying to be patient as well. Maybe it will arrive later today, and if not, hopefully by this Friday.

CBear
05-18-2005, 01:25 PM
We're leaving on the 20th - in two days - and no tags for us yet. I'm not too hopeful. Even if my TA does get them today or tomororow that won't leave enought time for her to send them to me.

It's a bit discouraging to read that some people who aren't leaving for at least another week have their tags :sad1: although I'm happy for you of course! ;) In what order do they send out the tags? I booked back in March.

But I've checked with ME, and they do have all of our flight details so we shouldn't have any problems....

astrobooze
05-18-2005, 03:16 PM
We're leaving on the 20th - in two days - and no tags for us yet. I'm not too hopeful. Even if my TA does get them today or tomororow that won't leave enought time for her to send them to me.

It's a bit discouraging to read that some people who aren't leaving for at least another week have their tags :sad1: although I'm happy for you of course! ;) In what order do they send out the tags? I booked back in March.

But I've checked with ME, and they do have all of our flight details so we shouldn't have any problems....

We are leaving the 21st (and also booked in March) and haven't recieved anything. It is discouraging to hear that some scheduled to leave after us have recieved their tags.

But I guess I'll just have to have some faith that the Disney people at the airport are prepared for this eventuality. Still, I'd prefer to get those tags. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll be there tonight when I go home. Thinking seriously about making my own if they don't arrive.

TwirlerGirl
05-18-2005, 03:33 PM
astrobooze, I'm pretty upset as well, we leave on May 22 and no TAGS. A friend just got back on Sunday who booked 2 months after we did, got their ME packet, coupons for their pins and said the system worked great for them. They book with a TA. I wonder if there is any connection? I just can't imagine why some people get theirs and other not. I made sure all of our information was in the system and booked well in advance for all the good it did me.

Sandy

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I got e-ticket receipts from Disney Travel. I was able to choose my seats with WDtravel over the phone. The trip also shows up under my itinerary at my airline's site.

The Disney Magical Express booklet has you DME luggage tickets in it. Mine arrived via fedex today for a 5/27 trip. The bright yellow ME luggage tags are more peel off labels than tags.

Can you please explain more about the tickets? When were you able to choose- like how close to the date of your trip were you able to call WDtravel and get to choose your seats?
Also how is your itinerary on the airlines site if you booked through disney?

Thanks!

TwirlerGirl
05-18-2005, 03:53 PM
I think sixcats is talking about selecting their plane seats. I know with Air Trans, 24 hrs prior to departures you can go online with your airline confirmation # and choose your plane seats.

Sandy

astrobooze
05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
astrobooze, I'm pretty upset as well, we leave on May 22 and no TAGS. A friend just got back on Sunday who booked 2 months after we did, got their ME packet, coupons for their pins and said the system worked great for them. They book with a TA. I wonder if there is any connection? I just can't imagine why some people get theirs and other not. I made sure all of our information was in the system and booked well in advance for all the good it did me.

Sandy

Well we booked through the WDW website....airfare and everything. I thought that would eliminate any problems, if I went exclusively through them.

Guess I thought wrong.

We called ME this evening and they confirmed all of our info and told us to make our own tags if we don't get theirs. We're to put our name, our home address, "Magical Express" and the hotel we're staying at. They assured us they'd take care of the rest when we got there. Guess we'll see.

Hope you have a nice trip and that ME works out for ya.

sixcats
05-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Can you please explain more about the tickets? When were you able to choose- like how close to the date of your trip were you able to call WDtravel and get to choose your seats?
Also how is your itinerary on the airlines site if you booked through disney?

Thanks!

I chose my seats when I booked the flight in April for a May 27th trip. I needed to coordinate seats with my husband's flight that I booked myself. There was an error and they were able to change the seats also. It was booked with Delta-Song.
I booked a trip through a travel agent for Jamaica also that shows on Delta's site under "my itinerary". Maybe because I'm a skymiles member? I selected seats for that trip also through the agent at time of booking which was many months ago.

I'd call WDtravel and ask for seat assignments.

jiminy14
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Leaving May 26th, received tags and info this morning. My flight information was missing for both arrival and departure so I called the DME toll free number and gave them the info. I received an information booklet which contained two luggage tags/stickers for each of us and vouchers for our return trip. There was also a coupon included that can be redeemed for a pin trading lanyard and pin at any of the resort hotels.

Took
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
leaving May 25 and no tags, yet! Called WDW and they say we're in the system, they have our flight info, and they say our tags will get here, so I'm trying to have faith that it will all turn out all right but....

took

vascubaguy
05-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Leaving May 26th, received tags and info this morning. My flight information was missing for both arrival and departure so I called the DME toll free number and gave them the info. I received an information booklet which contained two luggage tags/stickers for each of us and vouchers for our return trip. There was also a coupon included that can be redeemed for a pin trading lanyard and pin at any of the resort hotels.

Did you book thru a TA? I'm wondering if the coupon is for everyone using DME or just those that used a certain TA.

dizneyfan
05-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Leaving the 26th, got my tags yesterday. The packet included 8 bag tags, vouchers for return transportation, and a coupon for free pin and lanyard.

The tags did not have our flight info on them, but we are flying Southwest, so I'm not worried about it!

One more week! I can hardly wait!!!

--dizneyfan

tinkcindy
05-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Leaving the 26th, got ME envelope the 18th. Yippee, now we are really doing the singe-digit dance.
Even my DH got a suitcase out last night to begin packing. He never packs early.

barbnbrian
05-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, I've got 9 days to go and still no ME luggage tags yet. Can someone please post the telephone number for ME so I can call and check that I'm still in the system? How late in the day does FedEx deliver?

astrobooze
05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Well, I've got 9 days to go and still no ME luggage tags yet. Can someone please post the telephone number for ME so I can call and check that I'm still in the system? How late in the day does FedEx deliver?

Magical Express Hotline
1-866-599-0951

I am leaving Saturday (May 21st) and haven't gotten any tags...so...here's hoping you have better luck than we're having.

Tiggers&Springs
05-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Whoo hoo! Just got my tags! :cool1:

Only thing is, WE JUST GOT BACK. They mailed them on the 9th; we left on the 8th.

Hey DME: This is NOT a situation of "better late than never."

barbnbrian
05-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the phone number. I called and they confirmed I am in the system and told me I should still receive my luggage tags before my departure date. I asked if I needed to be home to sign for them or would they leave the envelope if no one was home and they told me that I would need to sign for the envelope! I don't believe that is the case as I've read of others finding their envelopes outside their door. Anyone who has received their tags have to sign for their package?

nickandalexmom
05-19-2005, 06:21 PM
We leave the 21st and still haven't received ours even though I've been calling every few days since the 7th. I don't expect them to arrive by tomorrow either..

astrobooze
05-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Our tags arrived today. (we leave the 21st) Although no one was there to pick up the Fed Ex package (evidently they do need you to sign for it). But we are gonna go pick it up at Fed Ex in about an hour.

This relieves alot of stress. For those scheduled to leave in the next few days, don't give up...they may appear at the last minute...

Can't believe we're going to WDW Saturday. It's been ten years since I've been there...looking forward to a great vacation. Hope everyone else has a great vacation too.

cseca
05-19-2005, 11:06 PM
We leave on the 27th and received our tags a couple days ago. I was pleasantly suprised. Let's see if the actual service works well... :)

jiminy14
05-20-2005, 02:48 AM
vascubaguy...I booked through CRO when I made my ressies. From what I have been reading, it seems like everyone is receiving the pin/lanyard coupon in their packet.

barbnbrian...I did not have to sign for my FedEx package. It was just thrown on my doormat. I don't think that the FedEx guy even knocked on my door.

vascubaguy
05-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Oh neat, well... if/when my ME package arrives, I'll have to check for the pin coupons.

1 week to go, leaving May 28th.... and I still have to get everyones tags and then send some of them across the country to my family that is meeting at WDW. Seems like most everyone that is leaving around the same time is getting them now (or in the last day or so). So... maybe today?.... :confused3

192 hours and counting... :teeth: :cool1:

apulk
05-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Almost -- another reason to call (maybe a few times) the ME line just to make sure they have everything straight.

We almost have the tags -- FedEx called yesterday and asked why we turned them away 2 days in a row for this delivery. My wife said "What!!!" Turns out they were using an address from 4 years ago -- two houses ago!!! None of my current reservation confirmations have gone there, my Vacation Club mail doesn't go there, no idea why or how they would have pulled that address. I could see, maybe, if this was a service we used way back when but this just started.

I called last week and had them read off the flight info that I had given the CRO person about a month ago -- didn't have it. Hopefully these tags will reflect that info now.

Not giving up though....still going to give the service a try this trip.

TwirlerGirl
05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
We just got back - tags never came but ME still worked. I had 5 families for a Magical Gathering all using ME without the tags. One family took their luggage to the bus and had it loaded on with them. Another family checked in at the ME welcome center but never gave them their luggage information and magically the baggage arrived to their room. We were ready to take a rental car to the airport to get the baggage and as we passed the Valet desk at the BCV they were unloading their bags.

The return trip was just as easy. We went to the valet desk and got a voucher then loaded the bus. A very nice experience and very quick.

ME works with or without the tags. I'm very happy about that.

Sandy

vascubaguy
06-07-2005, 08:56 AM
We just got back and used ME (with no tags). It was a very painless experience. I simply went up to the DME checkin area at the airport, they pulled up our reservation information and checked the baggage claim tickets and asked me to select the type of luggage (from a chart) that we checked. After that, we were sent over to the loading area and were on our way.

However, we didn't get to ride in one of the DME buses, instead we were in a big yellow Mears bus. The driver was entertaining though and played the "Fast Food Song"? It was stuck in our heads the entire trip! We did get to ride back in the DME and it was all pretty easy.

And our bags arrived in our rooms in just a few hours.