PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Airline flight changes ALREADY?!

Stacy's a freak
05-15-2005, 07:04 PM
:sad1: I booked these tickets about 2 weeks ago for my Nov 28th trip. I just got a "flight change" email from orbitz saying that they have changed my arrival time in Orlando from 4:30p.m. to 7:30p.m.. Geesh! I was freaking because I couldn't get there earlier than 4:30p.m. and get some use out of that first day of disney tickets. Now I'm sure that my first day is shot - I won't even be able to start my trip with a dinner at EPCOT! Well, I have a call into Orbitz to see if I can get an earlier arrival time, but I'm not that optimistic.

Does anyone out there have a tip for me to get there as early as possible? Have you had similar experiences with companies like Orbitz? Do they do this often (this is the first time that I have used them)?

Please help! I would hate to waste any portion of my 5 night trip!! :guilty:

safetymom
05-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Call them and ask if you can change flights.

bicker
05-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Airlines announce their actual flight schedules between two and five months prior to the day of the flight. If you book any earlier, you're booking to a forecasted flight schedule, not an actual flight schedule, and so flight changes, equipment changes, seat changes, etc., all should be expected.

When arrival or departure times move by more than a certain number of hours (depending on the airline, between two and six hours), airlines will provide refunds if you and they cannot come to a mutally-agreeable change.

AspiringCindy
05-15-2005, 08:42 PM
When arrival or departure times move by more than a certain number of hours (depending on the airline, between two and six hours), airlines will provide refunds if you and they cannot come to a mutally-agreeable change.

This is true! They will either change the flight for you free of charge, or give you a refund! You must let them know why you are changing(due to drastic flight time changes)!

tycon07
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
ATA just changed my reservation for July again too. This is the 5th change in 2 months. I just keep checking every week because you never know what the airline will throw at me.

Airlines announce their actual flight schedules between two and five months prior to the day of the flight. If you book any earlier, you're booking to a forecasted flight schedule, not an actual flight schedule, and so flight changes, equipment changes, seat changes, etc., all should be expected.