PDA

View Full Version : Sanford Airport

Toyztory
05-14-2005, 05:58 AM
Does anyone know how much it costs to go from sanford to walt disney resort by cab? and has anyone ever flown Pan Am clipper connection How was it?

leanne11
05-14-2005, 07:32 AM
but if you go on the website it may help
http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/

tessqt
05-14-2005, 08:40 AM
I was quoted $175 round trip. Go onto Sanfords website and it has a link to all transportation companies that go there.

Ted and Holly
05-14-2005, 11:35 AM
A recent post about Pam Am:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=814557

I would recommend finding a more reliable carrier.

Ted

dzneelvr
05-14-2005, 11:48 AM
For the cost of a cab ride from Sanford, you can rent a stretch limo and enjoy the ride in style! We absolutely loved the Happy Limo/Sanford connection last summer and will be doing it again on each trip. It was one hour to the door of our resort and the gratuity is included in the price, so no fumbling for a tip once you arrive. check it out at www.sanfordairport.com
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

snowy76
05-14-2005, 12:31 PM
We fly into Sanford and love it. In and out in minutes because of its size. However, we fly Transmeridian so I can't speak for Pan Am.

We have previously used towncars to get to WDW, which ran us close to $200 once you factor in gratuity. We realized this year that we could do one-day rentals from Alamo each way for a total of about $75. Since we're staying at BWV, we can use the car to make a grocery stop, and just return it/pick up at the Dolphin. To me it's worth the slight hassle of driving ourselves.

rabx5
05-15-2005, 08:32 AM
rent a car for the week and still pay less than what a limo or shuttle service would charge for roundtrip to and from Sandford.

That way we can leave the property when want and can even use the car instead of wd busses to go back and forth to the parks.

We got a full size car from Enterprise for $195.41 for the week- taxes and surcharges included.

We are flying out of Midamerica airport near St. Louis through Transmeridian. I love that we dont have to go all the way down to St. Louis and pay for parking and deal with the traffic and construction. Midamerica is only 30 minutes from our house compared to Lambaert being 60 minutes.

I've never been there before, so I hope we like it. It will be the first time my kids have flown.

Have a great day :wave:

Jodi

snowy76
05-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Just another tip I thought I should mention to folks flying into Sanford...

Depending on your flight times, driving to and from Sanford can take well over an hour. Use the toll roads that go around the eastern side of the Orlando area to avoid traffic as much as possible. From the airport, get to 417 south (Seminole Ex'y which turns in to the Central Florida Greeneway).

From 417, you can get on the Beeline (528) which takes you right past MCO and on to I-4. We still hit some heavy traffic on I-4 but avoided going through the center of Orlando. Or you can stay on 417 and exit at I-Drive, Osceola Pkway, or 192 (Celebration). :moped:

dvcdenise
05-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know how much it costs to go from sanford to walt disney resort by cab? and has anyone ever flown Pan Am clipper connection How was it?
Some one from Newburgh here. I keep a check on flights all the time as I fly down to Orlando often. I 'm can assume you are going out of Newburgh. Check the flights for Pan Am Clipper,they are not very desirable flight times. The worst is comming home on Sunday at 7:00AM from Sanford. I like to fly out on Friday night ..No flights on Friday ..Saterday leaves at5:00pm..Lose a day up form and lose a day returning. This not acceptable for me. I will fly independance Air until they leave. So sad we can't get a real airline at Stewart. I feel you pain.