PDA

View Full Version : December Airline Rates?

FirstTimertoDiz
05-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Hope you all can help me- I am thinking of planning a short trip in the first or second week in December. Can anyone tell me what the SWA might be for that time of year? Do airlines have a value season? I need to make this trip as budget conscious as possible, so I was hoping to get an idea on transportation.

Thanks for your help! :flower:

Lisa

FirstTimertoDiz
05-14-2005, 01:58 PM
bump- anyone? :Pinkbounc

mousefansmom
05-14-2005, 02:55 PM
The Airlines run on supply/demand, more than a "value season". I can't tell you what an airfare might be, but I can tell you that after watching airfare from Milwaukee to MCO daily for the last 6 months, I just booked for our Nov/Dec. trip. The best advice I can give is to find a price you are comfortable paying and when you see it, grab it. You first need to know what airfare usually is, though. Good Luck! :goodvibes
Mousefansmom

Hope you all can help me- I am thinking of planning a short trip in the first or second week in December. Can anyone tell me what the SWA might be for that time of year? Do airlines have a value season? I need to make this trip as budget conscious as possible, so I was hoping to get an idea on transportation.

Thanks for your help! :flower:

Lisa

Rpsemont
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM
No sure where in PA you are, but from BDL (Hartford) traditional SWA rates of $79 OW plus taxes and fees which equates to about $175 RT if you book shortly after they come out and in past years I've seen specials of $49 OW. This is of course, for booking anytime that not even remotely close to Thanksgiving or Christmas, and I will tell you Friday departures and Sunday returns are also tough. BUt if you're willing/able to fly Tues-Wed Thursday to Tues-Wed Thurs, you can probably get RT for $150 +/-