PDA

View Full Version : ME Related, all I can do is sit here and laugh...

Disney_1derland
05-11-2005, 03:16 PM
So, we leave tomorrow morning and we have already reserved a town car because of all the ME confusion and problems. So, today, I come home from work and there is a fedex package slip on my door. Call for redelivery thinking it must be ME luggage tags and maybe we'll use that after all. Fedex arrives with an envelope from Orlando. I open it and out falls......................

One 8.5x11 sheet of paper.

It was a VERY short letter asking me if I've called to give them my flight information so that I can use ME.

Well, yes, i've called. 5 times. I've even emailed 3 times. They STILL don't have me in the system and I'm not okay with throwing caution to the wind. I've booked a towncar.

I just thought that it is extremely funny to get such a letter less than 24 hours before my arrival and STILL not have the luggage tags.

bavaria
05-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Makes you wonder how much all the FedEx'ing is costing

bavaria
05-11-2005, 03:24 PM
deleted duplicate post - boards too slow, fingers too fast

Disney_1derland
05-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Makes you wonder how much all the (somewhat redundant) FedEx'ing is costing

:rotfl: :teeth:

dizagain
05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
UGGGGHHHHH!!! Fed Ex is enjoying this for sure! :rolleyes: I am not! I took advice from this board and called ME today...no, I was not in the system. So, she took my info (only my second try) again and even acted like I will most likely get my tags because I still have 13 days! I'm not so confident, so I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow to check and see if we're still in the system. She said the system was down for four days (seems like longer to me) and things weren't going through but they are now....we shall see, huh?

DH says to hold out for the freebie ride...pixie dust please!!! :wizard:

PCFriar80
05-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Time to buy Fedex Stock (FDX). I own it, off of it's highs. I don't work for them or am I an institutional investor. Just know to follow good companies....like them and DIS.

manticore
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=dizagain]UGGGGHHHHH!!! Fed Ex is enjoying this for sure! :rolleyes: I am not! I took advice from this board and called ME today...no, I was not in the system. So, she took my info (only my second try) again and even acted like I will most likely get my tags because I still have 13 days! I'm not so confident, so I guess I'll be calling again tomorrow to check and see if we're still in the system. QUOTE]

I am leaving the 20th. I calles ME to confirmthe data I have twice given to CRO. Guess what I was not in the system, no surprise. I gave them all my information again. She told me I would not get my tags before I left. Well I called back tonite and guess what? ME still didn't have me in the system!!!!!

I gave them the information again and was told it is likely I will get my tags but I still may not. I am beginning to think I should have taken the deal for a car with National when I had the chance.

My advise, keep calling!!!!!

cassie
05-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Guess I'm the lucky one. Two weeks ago I called and found I wasn't in the system. Last night I called and I'm in, but I leave the 17th and doubt if I get my tags.

BettyCv
05-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Cassie,

Don't give up yet. We received luggage tags today via FedEx. We leave on Sunday (5/15). Unfortunately, there were only tags for my 5 year old daughter. ME agent thinks the rest were sent in a separate shipment. The only reason I believe them is because I had read here on the dis that reservations for more than 4 people DO have their luggage tags arrive in separate fed ex envelopes.

Betty

yomecage
05-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I have been quite throughout all the conversations because I am not very good with my PC or the internet... I have to say I was excited to be a part of the ME and was reading all the post from all the more experienced forum people.. I was excited with the ME all the way up to the hotel which in my mind was a little slow and very crowded.. Every thing at the Contemporary was good untill the bags were lost and my 4 day vacation was almost in the toilet...I was very upset but the hotel took care of me and my family and gave me a refund on my stay and a $50 voucher for a taxi back to the airport. I have to say this vaction was almost lost but as always disney tried there best to make it right... I just wanted to try ME because it was new!! Next time I will look at taking some other form of transportation...

I love the Morrocon restaurant....

aubriee
05-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Cassie,

Don't give up yet. We received luggage tags today via FedEx. We leave on Sunday (5/15). Unfortunately, there were only tags for my 5 year old daughter. ME agent thinks the rest were sent in a separate shipment. The only reason I believe them is because I had read here on the dis that reservations for more than 4 people DO have their luggage tags arrive in separate fed ex envelopes.

Betty

I called CRO twice and DME four times before I finally got into their system last week. I was told I would not receive my luggage tags before I left early Friday morning. When I got home Monday, two FedEx envelopes were on my front porch each containing a ME booklet. I was not expecting luggage tags at all, but now have eight. I am traveling solo and only need one, by the way.

kathylovesdisneyworl
05-12-2005, 05:09 AM
I also recieved a fed ex letter in the mail yesterday. Since we did not recieve the tags I was relieved. Until I opened it and found a letter reminding me to put my yellow tags on our luggage before we leave. What a hoot.

philaround
05-12-2005, 05:17 AM
I have been quite throughout all the conversations because I am not very good with my PC or the internet... I have to say I was excited to be a part of the ME and was reading all the post from all the more experienced forum people.. I was excited with the ME all the way up to the hotel which in my mind was a little slow and very crowded.. Every thing at the Contemporary was good untill the bags were lost and my 4 day vacation was almost in the toilet...I was very upset but the hotel took care of me and my family and gave me a refund on my stay and a $50 voucher for a taxi back to the airport. I have to say this vaction was almost lost but as always disney tried there best to make it right... I just wanted to try ME because it was new!! Next time I will look at taking some other form of transportation...

:rotfl: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been spamed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This poster has posted a total of 13 times. Seven of those posts have been this one over and over again on various ME threads. :rotfl2:

MomLC
05-12-2005, 07:23 AM
:wave: Hi Lori! I did the same thing you did; booked a towncar. I still have not received my ME tags and after reading these boards for the past few days I decided to forget the ME. I am traveling on Sunday with my 3yr DD and my 67yr mom and the less hassle the better. I do not want to look like this :headache: :scared: :eek: on the start of my vacation. I want to look like this :cheer2: :banana: I cannot believe how some people did not receive their luggage for several hours and that it took others almost 2 hours to reach their hotel. I am going on a VACATION and until all of the ME "kinks" are worked out I am with you. It's better to be safe then sorry. :wave2:

Tracie
05-13-2005, 07:00 PM

SO..... you registered on 5/12 to tell everyone you have stayed quiet until now and your PC skills are pretty good since you can cut and paste the samething on so many ME threads!!!! Go troll on another message board where people are not so smart!!

seashoreCM
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I would print thisthread, call once more, get the name of the CM om the phone,, cancel the towncar, show up at \orlando, smile, followthedirections to useME and expect to be ME'd to Disney with r without a ressie in the computer. period.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

typed at Disney Quest! but the keyoard stinks

C.Ann
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Should I have the chance to get to WDW alone again before the ME free offer expires, I can't wait to try it!! Sounds like it will be awesome once the little quirks are worked out.. 'Course the luggage arrival won't be an issue for me because I always pack an extra set of clothes in my carry-on - along with my camera, film, meds and anything else I might need should my luggage go astray.. :flower: