PDA

View Full Version : April Vacation 2006 Airfare BDL-MCO /TPA

Poly Pal
05-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Can't believe it is already time to start counting back to 331 days for Delta / Song from the Northeast to Florida.

BUT those scoundrels at Song have priced Hartford to Orlando and Hartford to Tampa at $191 ONE WAY for any Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the months of March and April so far. Travel on Tuesday or Wednesday is $78 one way. Kids have Good Friday off and we may take kids out of school a day early just to travel on Wednesday. But we may not be able afford to come back!

So, would you book the one way down on Song at $78 on Wednesday and then wait to book the return OR would you take your chances and wait until you could book the return with a round trip ticket on mainline Delta for $198 RT with a stop in CVG or ATL?

I'm getting tired of wiating up until midnight to play this darn airfare game for school vacations. I may just say forget it this year...but that new Disney Vacation Planning DVD just showed up in today's mail. ARRGGHHHH!!

debster812
05-11-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm in the same boat for Feb (BOS to MCO, then RSW to BOS). I booked the $74 one way for the flight down on Tuesday (half day Thurs, day off on Friday, so DS essentially misses a day and a half of school, and we get an extra 4 days of vacation!)

I booked the trip down, and I am thinking that when SWA and JetBlue get their flights for Feb released, the Song flights will come down some. If not, we'll be right there with you, flying on a mainline Delta flight with a stop in Atlanta.

Poly Pal
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
But Debster, that one way flight on mainline Delta is going to cost you upwards of $350 - $400 on top of the $74 you've paid to Song. YIKES!

debster812
05-11-2005, 07:33 PM
But Debster, that one way flight on mainline Delta is going to cost you upwards of $350 - $400 on top of the $74 you've paid to Song. YIKES!

Nahhhh :rotfl: --right now, I can get a one-way, Delta RSW to BOS for around $200, but I am VERY confident, that as it gets closer, I will be able to book flights we can live with (both timewise, and monetarily). I think with all the uncertainty with the airlines lately, the bargain basement fares for school vacation weeks are a thing of the past, regardless of how early we book. It's now just a matter of us (the travellers) and the airlines meeting somewhere in the middle. I don't expect a $49 one way fare for Feb vacation, nor do I want to pay upwards of $600 for the R/T.

Stay tuned folks, there's a lot of us in the same boat, and it may be an interesting summer of fare watching.....