PDA

View Full Version : Regis and Kelly-what hotel are they probably at?

Simba's Mom
05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
When Regis and Kelly come to WDW next week to tape their shows, does anyone know what hotel they'll most likely be at? We'll be at the BC next week, and just wondering what our chances might be to see them.

Ladyhawke10
05-04-2005, 08:01 PM
My best guess would be GF. We've seen some celebrities while staying there, and based on previous threads where famous people have been sighted around WDW, it seems like it's most often there.

Though I did hear of some celebs over at the top suite at the Dolphin! ;)

Gary M
05-04-2005, 08:06 PM
:cool1:

They were at WDW during Dec. of 2001 when they were there. They stayed at the GF then.

weregoingtodw
05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Oh gosh, I can't even remember where I read it, but I heard that the entire entourage was staying at AKL. I'll try to find it and if I do, will link.

disneyworld!
05-04-2005, 08:22 PM
My best guess would be GF. We've seen some celebrities while staying there, and based on previous threads where famous people have been sighted around WDW, it seems like it's most often there.

Though I did hear of some celebs over at the top suite at the Dolphin! ;)
several have stayed at the BC/YC also.... and Areosmith stayed in the Steeplechase suite at the BWI

Traveliz
05-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Regis seems to stay at the GF (think those tennis courts call to him)...at least I have heard him mention the GF many times.

I have heard Kelly mention the Poly once and several times AKL -- I think she really likes it there...from what she has said when returning from past trips.

Liz

Mich Mouse
05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I've seen Kelly at the Beach Club.

lagunaseca
05-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I know that Regis also likes staying at the Yacht Club.

Gary M
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM

In Dec. 2001, I mentioned in the post above that they stayed at GF. We were with a trip package for the Live With Regis and Kelly Show and the WWTBAM show that Regis taped at MGM. The group with the package stayed at AKL and I know they did stay at GF then(we asked). The only celebrities that we saw at the AKL were Wayne Brady and Bruce Jenner. The WWTBAM shows featured Olympic Champions and most stayed other places besides the AKL. I can't remember all people on "Live", but Julie Andrews, Wayne Brady and Howie Mandell were three of them.

nwdisgal
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Love Kelly ever since her early days playing a Goth type on AMC. Kelly has young kids. I wonder if she's bringing them? That might influence where they stay.

Sammie
05-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Most celebs stay where there are luxury suites, such as the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht and Beach Club, AKL and Boardwalk Inn.

Gary M
05-04-2005, 09:32 PM

During Dec. 2001 the group had lunch with Kelly at the GF. She came around to each table and talked to everyone. A photographer was there and took pictures, which they gave to us.

She was just delightful and really cute. We don't have the equipment to post the picture or I would. I'm very computer challenged. I bet she will be hanging around the pool where they are staying.

Mary Anne
05-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Kelly has young kids. I wonder if she's bringing them? That might influence where they stay.

Not to get into a debate LOL but two of Kelly's kids are in school, I don't know if she'd pull them out or not. I know she takes them to Disney quite a bit on her own as she talks about it on the morning show. They went their for one of the birthdays just for a week-end a few weeks ago.

nwdisgal
05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Mary Anne- You're right. The two older ones aren't so young anymore. LOL. Time flies, or I am getting too old ;)

It will be fun to hear where they end up at.

Loves2Travel
05-05-2005, 12:38 AM
What dates will they be there?

AllyBri
05-05-2005, 01:47 AM
We were having dinner at V & A and at the next table were Regis, Joy and another couple. Regis mentioned to the other couple, that 2 of the reasons that like the Grand so much is V & A and the tennis.
He went on to say that, NBC and CBS have offered him his own show on their networks, but the only way he would ever leave ABC, is if he could take all of his people with him (thought that was decent of him) He went on to say that there are so many people connected with his show, that have been with him from day one and he would never want these people to be out of work, unless something came up in his life he had no control over.
We could not believe we were sitting that close and could hear every word of his conservation.

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

MLAinVA
05-05-2005, 03:03 AM
To Loves2Travel
We arrive at WDW on Saturday, May 7 also, and this is the first of three trips we have scheduled this year, too. Normally we visit 4 times a year, but we have a daughter who is getting married in California so we're spending a good bit of travel time out there this year.

philaround
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Regis & Kelly were just talking about next week a few minutes ago and Kelly said that her kids could not wait until they went on the trip so I guess she is taking them.

Windy City Heather
05-05-2005, 09:43 AM
We saw Kelly, husband and kids with entourage at O'hona for breakfast December 5th. I am not sure if they were staying there or not.

Simba's Mom
05-05-2005, 11:09 AM
What dates will they be there?

They're taping at the MK on May 11 and 12, so I'm assuming they'll be there May 10th at least.

Loves2Travel
05-05-2005, 11:17 AM
They're taping at the MK on May 11 and 12, so I'm assuming they'll be there May 10th at least.

Oh really? If we go to MK on those days, where do they tape at? Will guests be able to meet them?

Dimk
05-05-2005, 01:31 PM
What is the schedule next week? I thought Regis & Kelly would be at Disneyland Mon-Wed and to WDW Thurs & Friday.

Mary Anne
05-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I think they are taping DisneyLand this SUNDAY for showing on Mon and Tues, then Wed & Thrus they will be LIVE from DisneyWorld, then on Thursday tape -Friday's show.

Dimk
05-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Thank you. I will get the VCR ready!!!

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Don't know about this trip but DH met Kelly and her son at AKL when we were staying there shortly after it opened. They were staying there at the same time but I never had the good fortune to run into her.

micmacmissy
05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
...Pop, with a code.

artblessed
05-05-2005, 03:09 PM
...Pop, with a code.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
05-05-2005, 03:25 PM
:rotfl:

3gr8kids
05-05-2005, 03:56 PM
you didn't hear this from me, but.......

Regis and Kelly bring their refillable mugs that they bought in 1998 AND go pool hopping!!!!!!!!

ssssshhhhhhhh...............

:rolleyes1

ksoehrlein
05-05-2005, 04:02 PM
You're all wrong! Someone once told me (me, of all people!) that "There's a special hotel on Disney property just for celebrities." No clue where it could be though... :confused3

Mind you, I was a CM for 10.5 years and never heard any rumor of the sort, but the couple who told me this had been to WDW once, 2 years ago, so they *must* know!

Mary Anne
05-05-2005, 04:04 PM
:lol

I have no idea where they are taping in the MK. I'm thinking in front of the castle or maybe back in tomorrow land by the stage.

I'll be interested to see where they come from. I know to actually see the shows you had to order tickets a few weeks ago and they were gone very, very quickly.

Pop with a code. :rotfl Can you just see Regis LOL

zurgswife
05-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Not to get into a debate LOL but two of Kelly's kids are in school, I don't know if she'd pull them out or not. I know she takes them to Disney quite a bit on her own as she talks about it on the morning show. They went their for one of the birthdays just for a week-end a few weeks ago.

Just an FYI...kelly's oldest Michael will be 8 on June 2 and Lola will be 4 on June 16th...So, I really don't see school being a problem as Michael is in 2nd grade and Lola is in preschool...

She did say this morning that they were excited about going..

Mary Anne
05-05-2005, 07:53 PM
For some reason I thought Michael was a little older. The more I think about it, I'm thinking that she may take them expecially to California. If it was just Orlando I'm not sure.

I missed this mornings show and will miss tomorrow (darn life LOL ) did she come out and say they would be going?

southtown
05-05-2005, 11:46 PM
I saw Kellys husband Mark with their kids in MK one day while Regis & Kelly were taping the Xmas show. I thought it was cool he was doing that because earlier in the week we were watching R&K as we were getting ready to go to the parks, and my wife mentioned they said they would be in Disney that weekend. I remembered thinking "I wonder what her kids will be doing as their mom would be working". I thought it would be horrible for them to come all the way to Disney and not be able to do anything. It was kinda funny how I got the answer to my question. We didnt bother him or anything even though they stopped right by us while they waited for their guide to go get a bottled water for them. I was so jealous thinking they didnt have to wait in line for anything. If I was an actor I would want to be on ABC just for the Disney trips.

Cendrillon
05-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Does anyone have any updates on this?

I'll be staying at the GF during that time so I want to know if I should keep my eyes open for celebrities. If not Regis and Kelly, then perhaps their guests. Evangeline Lilly of "Lost" and Bill Pullman are scheduled to appear on their show Wednesday.

safetymom
05-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I heard they would be set up as you enter MK by the flag pole.

Ziggie
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Does anyone have any updates on this?

I'll be staying at the GF during that time so I want to know if I should keep my eyes open for celebrities. If not Regis and Kelly, then perhaps their guests. Evangeline Lilly of "Lost" and Bill Pullman are scheduled to appear on their show Wednesday.

According to one source, Bill Pullman is scheduled for Friday's show (meaning, the Thurs taping). Then, at another source, he's scheduled for Wednesday.

klinlin
05-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Only Her oldest is in school. Her other two are 3 1/2 and two just like mine.

cjsmith
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I'm heading up Wednesday and staying at the YC and have tickets to see the show that's taping at noon on Thursday to be shown on Friday. Would love to seem them walking around as well. According to my cable co line up here in Florida, Evagaline Lilly, Bill Pullman, and Aaron Carter on going to be on Wed show, Wilmer Valerrama, Performance of the Lion King, and Rob and Amber from the Amazing Race on Thursday, and Jon Cryer and Bobby Valentino for Friday's show. I'll have to keep my eyes open for any of the guests and will report back when I return on Friday.

travlnman1
05-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm heading up Wednesday and staying at the YC and have tickets to see the show that's taping at noon on Thursday to be shown on Friday. Would love to seem them walking around as well. According to my cable co line up here in Florida, Evagaline Lilly, Bill Pullman, and Aaron Carter on going to be on Wed show, Wilmer Valerrama, Performance of the Lion King, and Rob and Amber from the Amazing Race on Thursday, and Jon Cryer and Bobby Valentino for Friday's show. I'll have to keep my eyes open for any of the guests and will report back when I return on Friday.

UT OH....if thats the line up...do I smell a spoiler for The Amazing Race finale??

cjsmith
05-09-2005, 03:25 PM
UT OH....if thats the line up...do I smell a spoiler for The Amazing Race finale??

That's the exact same thing that I was wondering about myself! Guess I'll just have to watch the finale of AR to make sure. Either that or they're there to discuss their upcoming wedding special.

Ziggie
05-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Either that or they're there to discuss their upcoming wedding special.

... or BOTH! :earseek: :earseek:

beattyfamily
05-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I was at Disney in December 2001 for the 100 years of magic and Regis and Kelly were there to tape their show at MGM.

We were staying at the GF. One day we were going into the main elevator while Joy, Regis' wife, came out to meet her guide. My DD was so excited.

So Regis stayed at the GF in 2001.

WDWRC
05-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Regis prefers to stay in the Grand Suite at the GF....

Tracy

eeyore45
05-09-2005, 06:18 PM

I'm thinking no, isnt the final tomorrow, Tuesday? So win or lose they could be on... on definately hyping the wedding!!

tnkrbell
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I can tell you I talked with Kelly at Stormalong bay one year she was staying at the Boardwalk but said she loved this hotel and wanted to stay there!!!

ps she borrowed my sunscreen and was sooooo down to earth and sweet!

Lewisc
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
A POOL HOPPER.

I can tell you I talked with Kelly at Stormalong bay one year she was staying at the Boardwalk but said she loved this hotel and wanted to stay there!!!

ps she borrowed my sunscreen and was sooooo down to earth and sweet!

momto2
05-09-2005, 10:10 PM
When we were at the GF about 18 mos ago, a CM said that they had just left a little before. CM said Kelly and family always stay at GF and that she is a very hands on mom.

cdpa4d
05-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Maybe Kelly is a DVC Member!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Mary Anne
05-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, Kelly has mentioned the last two days anyway that her kids are with her at DisneyWorld. It's been reported on another thread here that it looks as if she is staying at the AKLodge.
Does anyone know if they were in California with her also. I didn't get a chance to really see Monday at all and I don't think she mentioned it on Tuesday at least I didn't hear.

SomePixiedust
05-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't think she took the kids to CA. I know in the past she has said she doesn't like to take them there for short trips because the time change screws up their schedule. Plus, she also mentioned that she flew back to NY this weekend to receive an award and flew into Orlando from NY on Tuesday night, so that's when she probably picked up the kids.

:thewave::thewave:

Mary Anne
05-12-2005, 09:24 PM
That makes a lot of sense. You know I like her even with her heavy schedule she spends a lot of time with her kids. I know she has help but she really is a great working mother.

GalDisney
05-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Regis and Kelly said during the show that they were staying at AKL. I think the guests on their show stayed there too this week.

Laugh O. Grams
05-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Both Regis and Kelly both said on the show that they and all of the guests were staying at AKL. Makes sense seeing that it was selected for the "World's Top 20 Hotels" by Fodors this year.

pouncingpluto
05-18-2005, 08:03 AM
I think a lot of VIPs are being put up at AKL these days.

A friend of mine was married at WDW during Super Soap weekend last year, and AKL was the main hotel in their room block. They ended up having a little trouble because of Eisner and the soap stars being there at the same time. On the up side, they got to stay in the Presidential Suite one night, sort of to make up for the troubles and sort of because they befriended the manager when they were sorting out their troubles. Eisner had to leave for one night for some reason, and they got to stay in the suite during the night it would have been sitting empty.