PDA

View Full Version : Poly Luau?

RKB
05-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Does the Poly have a Luau? If so is it just for hotel guests? Is it only on the weekends in late September/early October? And last but not least is it expensive/worth it? TIA!

dzneelvr
05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Yes, the Poly does have the luau. It is for anyone, guest or not. You can get on allearsnet.com and look up the specific menu items. Call the Poly to get times and dates for your specific vacation.
Is it worth it? mmmmm.....that is a tough one. We found it no where near as good as the Ohana dinner as far as food. You get a show of polynesian dancers that isn't found elsewhere and the setting is ok.
My recommendation: do it once but don't set extremely high expectations. Don't take small kids--our were bored stiff inside of 10 minutes. We did it once as a family but just didn't like it enough to repeat.
Now, Ohana's is another story....my DH LOVES it so much we do it twice a trip :cool1:You will get feedback yea and nay...I say try it and see what you think. It must be liked as it's been a tradition for years. :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

RKB
05-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Now what is Ohanas? That may work out better.

Keokagal
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Went last yr w a big group. Food was ok, show was really enjoyable. Glad we did it finally. Will prob do it once more in a few yrs w the grandkids. as an aside: the male dancers were gggggoooorgeous!!! for the DH, the women were lovely. the fire dancer was cool, I don't know how he does it. :wizard: